Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Image pg 124!

Great job on everything guys! I am seeing better and better end results from lots of you. It is very rewarding to see my files being built and finished with such great results.

Dear Dark side,

Is it possible to get a helmet lay out in letter with a scale of 88, or is there a way to adjust so I can print in A4 format to letter settings?
This would be much appreciated.

It is done. Check the link now.

Make sure you have Pepakura Designer. Then find the Diameter of your head in mm(not the circumference), which should be 197mm. Then open the tester helmet and click on 2D Menu, then Change Scale, then Scale Factor. Then put the diameter of your head in the "Width" option. This will give you the scale, which should be 1.03. Build the tester helmet to make sure it's the right size, then download the MK VII helmet in that scale. I'd hate to offend you here, but are you sure that's your head's circumference? 1.03 is a pretty big scale, but that is the right scale for 62cm.

Well, heads are not circles so while 197mm may be the diameter of a 62cm circle, the width of his head will probably be smaller.

Heej guys,

loving everyones progress. Heres is the pic of my helmet completly painted.
Still working on the electronics but hope to get it working soon!

Photo i.jpg
Photo j.jpg

I would like to thank joonbug1 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get 2 months early access to the V2 files when they are done.

Well, heads are not circles so while 197mm may be the diameter of a 62cm circle, the width of his head will probably be smaller.

That is true. Also he said the more accurate measurement is 60 around.

Just bought the paint and gave it a test spray.
Not the best but my first :) thanks dark :)
IMAG2205_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Agasssparkle, that looks amazingly neat, clean, even, and overall beautiful.

Here's showing pretty close now to what the whole helmet 'll look like finished. jaw isn't finished painting, and eyes and earpods temporary still.

iron-man-mk-vii-helmet-pepakura-build-imag0389.jpg-205844d1373347231

Once more, Thanks a lot to Darkside for his amazing files and overall work. *thumbsup* :D

Jay, Agass and Damnation, your helmets are really cool! I'll ask you the same question: how much time (hours roughly) did you take for bondo stage?

I'm checking my schedule. I'll try to complete my armor for early november and planned for 3 month to bondo the whole armor. I'll take 1 month vacations for that. Pepakura, resin and fiberglass stages will be finish at the end of this month.

941536_498502470216268_2054036942_n.jpg
this is my new arc reactor. and this one is SUPER THIN (5mm). LEDs are 4x1x0.5 mm. somehow i managed them weld together.

Hi guys, I have a question.

Just about finished cutting and gluing the card together (did not know it would take this long!) it's not as good as some of the ones i've seen on here, but it's my first go at anything like this, so I'm not going to be too picky.

Getting excited about the whole resin/bondo stage, and have been reading around and have a few questions.

First! i'm going to hold the pieces together with some clips and then resin the outside, do i need to put anything in between the 3 pieces to stop the resin from causing them to stick together? or do I just coat the whole thing, let it stick together then split it apart again later.

I was also wondering, when doing that, how thick do i put the bondo on the outside? i was mainly wondering about the edges that the 3 pieces join together, won't the bondo change the size of the 3 pieces meaning they won't fit together properly anymore?

and finally! (sorry for all the noob questions) i understand that the dark filled in lines are meant to be where there are grooves (like around the side of the helmet and the cheeks). but after putting on the resin and bondo, i won't be able to see the dark lines will i? how do you guys (I've seen some awesome helmets with nice smooth grooves all the way around) know where the grooves go?

thanks all, I'd put pictures of mine but am embarrassed at the standard compared to others

Jay, Agas and Damnation, your helmets are really cool! I'll ask you the same question: how much time (hours roughly) did you take for bondo stage?

Hey man , my took a lot of days. But i can hardly work more than 2 hours in a day. I started resin and fiberglass on april 21th.
But next time i am goona do it much more better :D

hi there iv just found this amazing world of pepakuru and im hooked, i was looking to build iron man not sure which as yet they are all good lol, iv bought the designer software and have the viewer also, my question which software to use to make a start, i realise that some files are only useable in viewer and not in designer, is this because they are protected. also the files i have already the rotate in 3D on viewer but 2D in designer why is this, i cant seem to find how to make it rotate in 3D.. are you now as confused as me lol any help would be greatly received :)

hi there iv just found this amazing world of pepakuru and im hooked, i was looking to build iron man not sure which as yet they are all good lol, iv bought the designer software and have the viewer also, my question which software to use to make a start, i realise that some files are only useable in viewer and not in designer, is this because they are protected. also the files i have already the rotate in 3D on viewer but 2D in designer why is this, i cant seem to find how to make it rotate in 3D.. are you now as confused as me lol any help would be greatly received :)

Yes some can only open in Viewer because they are protected, and right click the mouse to rotate in Designer. Hope that helped!

Thanks for the awesome files. Getting there slowly. Trying to rebuild the edges so it will sit smooth ugh.....

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373567130461.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373567130461.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 194

i made some pep files !
you can check them on my signature !
but darkside made the whole suit and im not done yet :/

Please don't think I meant your files aren't good, they are fantastic! I only meant darkside's was the only good complete MK7! Can't wait to see yours finished!

Please don't think I meant your files aren't good, they are fantastic! I only meant darkside's was the only good complete MK7! Can't wait to see yours finished!
Thanks !
Dont worry its realy hard to hurt me haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back