Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Image pg 124!

Oh my gosh! I'm working on my first helmet right now and this is intense. So many small pieces and folds! It seems rough around the edges. I hope after the resin/fiberglass/bondo it smooths out and looks like that!

Oh my gosh! I'm working on my first helmet right now and this is intense. So many small pieces and folds! It seems rough around the edges. I hope after the resin/fiberglass/bondo it smooths out and looks like that!

Yeah it will. When you first put the helmet together in cardstock you're going to look at it and go "omg this will never look good". Then you'll put a couple layers of resin on it, use a heat gun to shape it a little and then you'll go to a phase where you think it'll be ok. Then when you start fiberglassing you're going to think that the inside is such a mess that it'll never work out but if you keep at it you'll get to a point where you think it'll be ok. Then when you first start using the body filler you'll think "omg no way will this ever look good" but after hour and hour of sanding and touching up with the body filler and then sanding some more you'll see the helmet start to take shape and go back to "ok I'm ok again". I'm sure the cutting and painting will be the same lol, I just haven't gotten to that part yet. It's just a project that takes a lot of patience and a lot of faith lol.

hey guys.
i really want to build the mark 7 but i really hate foam :D so i'm gonna go with the pep/fibreglass/resin/bondo.
the problem is that this is my first time and i don't really know where to start.
so the first thing would be gathering files and printing them right?i downloaded these files :
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=21209ebd4d8a434f&id=21209EBD4D8A434F!1564
is there any general tutorial for building ironman suits?

hey guys.
i really want to build the mark 7 but i really hate foam :D so i'm gonna go with the pep/fibreglass/resin/bondo.
the problem is that this is my first time and i don't really know where to start.
so the first thing would be gathering files and printing them right?i downloaded these files :
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=21209ebd4d8a434f&id=21209EBD4D8A434F!1564
is there any general tutorial for building ironman suits?

Is that where you think you should start? Have you tried searching fir tutorials? Im not tryin to be mean but I see so many newbies that want everything answered for them instead of finding answers themselves cuz there is tons of info especially on ironmanon here to look at and do your own research. That why we post threads to put the info out there. You and most newbies will not get very far in this hobby if you dont know how to problem solve. Goodluck

Last edited:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372627687.929816.jpg

Hi all just wanted to share my progress, the arms are almost done now, just got to add the elbows.

A question to anyone that's plastic coated foam, would you advise removing the backing to the vents on the arms (in green) so the the plastic doesn't pool?

cheers

Heej guts i promised you that i would post some pics when i painted the helmet this weekend.
Here is the result. Hope you like it (note that i still have to paint te mouth edge black and brush steel silver the teeth.

paint red iron man 1.jpgpaint red iron man 2.jpg

Is that where you think you should start? Have you tried searching fir tutorials? Im not tryin to be mean but I see so many newbies that want everything answered for them instead of finding answers themselves cuz there is tons of info especially on ironmanon here to look at and do your own research. That why we post threads to put the info out there. You and most newbies will not get very far in this hobby if you dont know how to problem solve. Goodluck
first of all,i searched the forum before i send that reply.but i didn't find anything for non-professionals.the tutorials were all very expert and technical and they weren't suitable for me who didn't know what pepakura is 2 hours ago!
second of all,i'm sorry but you are not authorized by anyone in this forum to give anyone any warnings!if that's something that needs to be done,i'm sure this forum has an expert team of moderators.
and for the last part of your reply,i'm sure that me and other newbies will find our way in this hobby.this is what this forum is for,right?
Goodluck
View attachment 203193

Hi all just wanted to share my progress, the arms are almost done now, just got to add the elbows.

A question to anyone that's plastic coated foam, would you advise removing the backing to the vents on the arms (in green) so the the plastic doesn't pool?

cheers
looks pretty awesome.probably better than most foam jobs i've seen here.
keep up the great work
Heej guts i promised you that i would post some pics when i painted the helmet this weekend.
Here is the result. Hope you like it (note that i still have to paint te mouth edge black and brush steel silver the teeth.

View attachment 203200View attachment 203201

wow looks fanstastic!
tony stark's own helmet wasn't this smooth and perfect!
how long did it take for you to build this up?
are you planning on motorising it?do you have to make any changes in order to motorise it?
how did you get the screws on it?
i'm sorry but i'm a newbie here and that's why i'm asking that :D.

first of all,i searched the forum before i send that reply.but i didn't find anything for non-professionals.the tutorials were all very expert and technical and they weren't suitable for me who didn't know what pepakura is 2 hours ago!
second of all,i'm sorry but you are not authorized by anyone in this forum to give anyone any warnings!if that's something that needs to be done,i'm sure this forum has an expert team of moderators.
and for the last part of your reply,i'm sure that me and other newbies will find our way in this hobby.this is what this forum is for,right?
Goodluck

looks pretty awesome.probably better than most foam jobs i've seen here.
keep up the great work

wow looks fanstastic!
tony stark's own helmet wasn't this smooth and perfect!
how long did it take for you to build this up?
are you planning on motorising it?do you have to make any changes in order to motorise it?
how did you get the screws on it?
i'm sorry but i'm a newbie here and that's why i'm asking that :D.

Tnx for the big compliment! :)
I started this in march. So about three months i guess. That includes playing around with hinge setup and electronics. Its a slow build but i want to do it as good as possible. I used all the original pivot points for the hinge setup with real screws.
Now the paintjob is almost ready i will continue electronics. Still a tough issue. Hope to receive my 24led 5v led panels this week!
Ps. I am a newbie too ;)

Stealth's tutorials are pretty basic as they are for beginners. I started with that and learned the rest by looking at other builds and learning the rest as I went along ;)

Stealth's tutorials are pretty basic as they are for beginners. I started with that and learned the rest by looking at other builds and learning the rest as I went along ;)

Same, I've found Boochieboy's helmet build really helpful too. He does faff a little with the ears in the middle but it's good to know so you don't fall into the same trap :) Part 1 below... it gets better from Part 2 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIHamhMdYYw

question for any members, is there a way where the template can be printed on both sides of paper for easy scoring especially for the valley fold which are scored behind the paper? any info would be appreciated, thanks

question for any members, is there a way where the template can be printed on both sides of paper for easy scoring especially for the valley fold which are scored behind the paper? any info would be appreciated, thanks

Just flip the piece over and score the other side of the valley fold tabs. :cool

its just that you can barely see the line on cardstock. my first helmet besides being to small came out so so, hopefully my second will be much better. thanks again southpaw

its just that you can barely see the line on cardstock. my first helmet besides being to small came out so so, hopefully my second will be much better. thanks again southpaw

If you cut out the piece first, and then score the tabs, you don't have to see the line through the paper to score the valley tabs. And don't worry, no one's first pep comes out perfect. :)

If you cut out the piece first, and then score the tabs, you don't have to see the line through the paper to score the valley tabs. And don't worry, no one's first pep comes out perfect. :)

ok cool, thanks!

Has anyone unfolded the

MK VII Neck by EyeofSauron.pdo

for paper / card stock....i know the foam one is unfolded but has any one unfolded the paper version yet....i can't find anywhere...thanks....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back