Best toys of the 70's

Wow. The memories. Loved the Starbird. I also loved the Mattel electronic football and baseball games.

41S43M5FHYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

TEMPLATE%20hh%20mattel%20baseball%20console%20front%20EX.JPG

I used to have these cars that were not RC controlled but were battery powered and would drive over almost anything, but only in forward. Their tires were notched like X-Wing heat sinks, and were just about the size of my 7 year old hand. I think they were called Mighty Mo's (jeeps and stuff) but I can't find them under that name.

Anyone remember what those were called?

.......only because my uncle use to drive us crazy singing that jingle.....
.......must have been an Ear Worm for him and he tried his darnedest to pass it on!!!

dun ta dun ta dun ta ta---Tiny Mighty Mo.....
Tiny Mighty, Tiny Mighty Moes......
over and over and over!!!!

Ideal Tiny Mighty Mo commercial circa 1977 - YouTube

Shylaah

IMAG007.JPG

IMAG006.JPG

Wow, I missed out on those. I would've been all over 'em!

Micronauts. There is a memory... What was the ship they had that had dart guns on each side? Seams like the front could eject as well.... I remember having that.

Battle Cruiser:

I used to have these cars that were not RC controlled but were battery powered and would drive over almost anything, but only in forward. Their tires were notched like X-Wing heat sinks, and were just about the size of my 7 year old hand. I think they were called Mighty Mo's (jeeps and stuff) but I can't find them under that name.

Anyone remember what those were called?

Stompers?

e6491e622D97832D4dd92Db06b2D564d9c331c73McDStl.JPG

Big Trak and Starbird

big32.JPG
They never have them in stock, but Think Geek was selling new, smaller versions of this.

There was some sort of construction toy I had that was either for older kids or I was an idiot. To attack things together you had this motorized tool that would spin a thin rod of plastic that would cause it to melt and essentially weld two pieces of plastic together.

Edit: Found it! It's the Spinwelder from Mattel.

Last edited:
DSCF2413.gif

Yes ! :love

And there was this game that had two action figure boxers in a ring and they had buttons you'd push to make them knock each other senseless :lol

Hits to the head were the ones that counted, and after a certain number of hits, the figure would just "PLONK" backwards, KO'd !

Anyone remember this ?

flyingaces.jpg

I had one of those. :cool Still have the planes somewhere I think.

-Had the Micronauts (including that huge airtube track thingy)

-Steve Austin, Oscar Goldman (loved the exploding briefcase), Maskatron and Bigfoot.

-The Star Trek version of the Whirlybird (This has to be my favourite of back then).

-And of course one the first knock off lightsabres that were made back then (which was just a chrome flashlight and white plastic tube BEST TOY EVAR! :lol)

Stompers?

I still hve one of those (although it no longer works as the battery compartment corroded long ago)- the green Stomper Explorer:

wd_ex_green.jpg

Kevin

Some of my favorite's were:

1. Star Wars battle command game (I still have mine) - Star Wars Vintage KENNER Commercial - Electronic Battle Command Game [Remastered] - YouTube
2. Big Trak (I have an original one with the dumper)
3. Starbird!
4. ROM space knight (I still have mine in working order) - Toys You Had Presents ROM The Space Knight
5. Battlestar Galactica handheld game - Mattel Battlestar Galactica
6. R2/C3P0 talking alarm clock - Vintage Star Wars C-3PO and R2-D2 Alarm Clock - YouTube
7. Dark Tower game (came out in 81 but close enough!) - Dark Tower (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
8. Stretch Armstrong - Stretch Armstrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SSGt burton, I loved that Star Trek whirlybird toy also!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back