Best toys of the 70's

I had forgotten about the Hot Birds; loved them! I would have to say the Vertibird is the one that sticks in my memory (so much so that I bought one a few years ago and yes it still is cool).

LOVED THE WEBSHOOTERS!

Chased one down on Ebay not so long ago.

-Rylo

1521641332_641cf1997e_o.jpg

1394352145_0a79c3b4bf.jpg

3208_1.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJBQE7)6opB!jBPG3pZyoI!~~60_3.JPG

I found a pic of the boxing action figure. The only one I could find :confused

attachment.php

This one seems to have lost his shorts though :lol

Anyone remember what these were called ?

Awesome, those were the best, weren't they?

Oh yeah, my dad drove me to JC Penney so I could get them when they first came out. The Viper (And the Scout to the far left) I found at a yard sale in a 50c bin, If I were playing poker, I would have lost, because of the **** eating grin that kept popping up on my face. And these 2 have the Missiles that actually launch instead of the revamped ones after that poor kid choked to death on one.

I found a pic of the boxing action figure. The only one I could find :confused

attachment.php

This one seems to have lost his shorts though :lol

Anyone remember what these were called ?

The dood looks like Steve Austin. Watch out for that right hook, it's a killer! :lol

The dood looks like Steve Austin. Watch out for that right hook, it's a killer! :lol

....as were the figures :lol

I remember we used to give them the roughest treatment you can imagine ! Not because we didn't care about them, but because that's how the game was.

I stand corrected though - there wasn't a boxing ring, you just grabbed the figure from the 2 handles you see, practically rammed it into the other one, and pushed those buttons like a mouse when planting in farmville :lol

And they NEVER broke. Ah, they sure don't make 'em like they used to.

Wish I remember who made them or what they were called though :confused

I still have my original BSG Viper too! (However the stickers have long since dried up and fell off, and it is the "non-firing" version). :)

Oh and here's a rare one I've managed to hang onto:

attachment.php

Kevin

I'm presuming that Y-wing-like Starbird was post-SW...? Ah, I googled that it was. A wonder L didn't try to sue them for that Y head.

My favourite toys were Action Man ('cos you could torture it and stuff), and die-cast Dinky Gerry Anderson acronym-vehicles: SPV, SHADO 2, MSV, SPC, TB2, FAB1 etc.

Just factual, (not defensive, I swear), The starbird can convert to many vehicle configurations. Had electronic laser canon with rapid fire cannon sounds. It also had an electronic engine note which when tilted upward would increase in frequency (acceleration) and tilted downward would decrease in frequency (slow down).

In no way did it remind me of the y-wing but I can see your point about the cockpit/fuselage. It reminded me of a snake head.

Mike

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back