Best toys of the 70's

I had to Google search for the photo, but does anyone remember this set.
3373465_1_l.jpg
This set was really cool because you could spin around . There were a few different sets, but we had the police chase.

What's wrong with Clarksville TN? Are you assuming that because it is in the South they wouldn't endorse a black guy?

Despite what you may think, The South is not just one big cesspool of racist, inbred rednecks.

I live in Nashville so preach somewhere else. I'm assuming the factory was in Clarksville, not OJ himself signing autographs...

Just a few of my faves growing up in the 70s but so many to choose from I couldn't list them all lol. Was a big Gerry Anderson fan and then Star Wars changed everything!!! Ahhhh happy simple days!!!!

AM.PNGCI5.PNGBM.PNGpocketeers.PNGSPV.PNGSTutility.PNGSWblaster.PNGSWblaster1.PNGSWDS.PNGFB.PNGS1999.PNGS&H.PNG007.PNGMicro.PNGLS.PNG

Last edited:
Anyone notice that the old LCD handheld football games are back in production? I want to grab one for my collection, they look exactly as i remember when I was little and they were the hot new thing. I remember my grandparents bringing me a hand me down Six Million Dollar Man play dough set. I wish I'd kept it and my other stuff.

Micronauts were the bomb until star wars. Lol!

Micronauts...yes!!!! had several of these plus a spaceship, that looked like a robot IIRC
They were not very common in Germany back the days.

This thread reminds me of my childhood, had SOOOO many of the toys pictured here and loved them :)

edit: Just googled them, besides of the Spacelab I also had the

- Strato Station
- Astro Station
- Microtron (with the large chromed drillbit attached to his groin :lol).

Wow, flashback wednesday :lol

Here´s a small list of stuff I instantly knew I had (70´s/ 80´s) by looking at the pictures in this thread (No specific order):

MB Starbird plus space station
Slime
Atari 2600
Big Wheel sport cycle
Buckets full of plastic toy soldiers (axes and allies)
H0 model railroad
Matchbox cars with various tracks
Jaws game
Carrera racing
Flying saucer guns
Stretch
Big Jim (various figures, cars and playsets)
Action Team (several figures and a sand skimmer/ racer with that large triangular sale)
MOTU Figures and playsets
Vertibird
Corgi Toys 007 Lotus (large and small)
Mazinga (Shogun)
Evel Knievel toys
Cpt. Future (Figures, Comet, Cosmo liner, Prof. Simon)
Micronauts
Star Wars

Does anybody remember the small foamboard planes with plastic tip and propeller???
Bought dozens (!) of these over a years period, because I broke them frequently because of playing with them soooo much.

Also remember the small plastic soldiers with parachute, that you could throw and/ or shoot in the air and watch them tumbling down to earth.

Markus :)

Last edited:
I can check off most of the items in the above list. It really is time to do an inventory of my collection OdiWan72 , if only for taking a trip down memory lane ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Micronauts...yes!!!! had several of these plus a spaceship, that looked like a robot IIRC
They were not very common in Germany back the days.

This thread reminds me of my childhood, had SOOOO many of the toys pictured here and loved them :)

edit: Just googled them, besides of the Spacelab I also had the

- Strato Station
- Astro Station
- Microtron (with the large chromed drillbit attached to his groin :lol).

Wow, flashback wednesday :lol

Here´s a small list of stuff I instantly knew I had (70´s/ 80´s) by looking at the pictures in this thread (No specific order):

MB Starbird plus space station
Slime
Atari 2600
Big Wheel sport cycle
Buckets full of plastic toy soldiers (axes and allies)
H0 model railroad
Matchbox cars with various tracks
Jaws game
Carrera racing
Flying saucer guns
Stretch
Big Jim (various figures, cars and playsets)
Action Team (several figures and a sand skimmer/ racer with that large triangular sale)
MOTU Figures and playsets
Vertibird
Corgi Toys 007 Lotus (large and small)
Mazinga (Shogun)
Evel Knievel toys
Cpt. Future (Figures, Comet, Cosmo liner, Prof. Simon)
Micronauts
Star Wars

Does anybody remember the small foamboard planes with plastic tip and propeller???
Bought dozens (!) of these over a years period, because I broke them frequently because of playing with them soooo much.

Also remember the small plastic soldiers with parachute, that you could throw and/ or shoot in the air and watch them tumbling down to earth.

Markus :)

Yeah I had loads of these. I just wish had kept all my old toys :cry

The Atari is probably the most historic 70s toy when it comes to being successful as an early game system. I have a few earlier consoles but this is the one everyone had to have and stayed in production in some countries until 1992 which is really impressive.

I always used this particular Micronaut while playing with my Star Wars figures. I used him as Blue Max and Bollux from the Han Solo Trilogy books. That droid was actually two droids and one came out of the chest of the other. Since Time traveler's chest piece was removable he was the perfect fit (for me) for that droid.
blue2micronaut0312.jpg

I *think* Micronauts were before my time (born in 77). Either that or the fact that pretty much since the time I could play with them, I had SW figures, BSG figures, and Playmobil when I was 3 and up. The neighbor kids had some toys that I think might have been Micronauts, but they were a few years older and wouldn't let me touch them! :lol

I also had this Micronauts playset. This bad boy was awesome. You could take it apart and make all kinds of stuff. My favorite part was the second picture. Gee what does that kind of look like? I took a roll of white football tape and covered the whole thing with it and taped a cork to the side of it. It was my very first Millenium Falcon toy!!
conningtower-1.jpgs-l300.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back