Best toys of the 70's

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Something for the older guys. Just going through some old pictures; got me thinking about all the great toys from the 70's.

I'm gonna go with the Vertibird Coast Guard ship and scream'n Demon motorcycles as two of my favorite toys from the 70's. Loved the SSP cars, too!

The blades of the vertibird tore my nose to pieces! :lol

-Rylo

Hot Wheels Hot Birds. Just an awesome toy that fizzled fast. Loved those planes but they did not stay on the market long which is a shame as they were great!

Planes_Models

IMAG007.JPG

IMAG006.JPG

I used to have these cars that were not RC controlled but were battery powered and would drive over almost anything, but only in forward. Their tires were notched like X-Wing heat sinks, and were just about the size of my 7 year old hand. I think they were called Mighty Mo's (jeeps and stuff) but I can't find them under that name.

Anyone remember what those were called?

Micronauts. There is a memory... What was the ship they had that had dart guns on each side? Seams like the front could eject as well.... I remember having that.

Highlights for me...

Vertibird
SSP Smash up Derby
GI Joe
Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle
Hot Wheels Thundershift 500
Spin Welders sets
Big Trak
Erector Set
Major Matt Mason
Space 1999 Eagle playset (still have it)
Schwinn Scrambler (75) first bmx
Those lame ass looking Star Trek Walkie Talkies
Cox Cars
Sizzler Skateboard

I'll add more as I think of them

Doug

Best thread EVAR!!! Had most of these. My fave though was definitely the Evel stunt cycle, had the dragster with the chute too.

Last edited:
I'm presuming that Y-wing-like Starbird was post-SW...? Ah, I googled that it was. A wonder L didn't try to sue them for that Y head.

My favourite toys were Action Man ('cos you could torture it and stuff), and die-cast Dinky Gerry Anderson acronym-vehicles: SPV, SHADO 2, MSV, SPC, TB2, FAB1 etc.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back