MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Here is some pictures of my Mattel HB with added green velcro , Black screws and New Foot Strap. Still need to add new green velcro on foot disk to match. It will display nice from the top , and not much more can be done without a total re-build.http://imgur.com/P1dPS
qIqiA

qxpb1
http://imgur.com/qxpb1

Last edited:
Here is some pictures of my Mattel HB with added green velcro , Black screws and New Foot Strap. Still need to add new green velcro on foot disk to match. It will display nice from the top , and not much more can be done without a total re-build. imgur: the simple image sharer
qIqiA
imgur: the simple image sharer imgur: the simple image sharer[/url

Where did you score the velcro and fur? Is it ashesive velcro? If not, what kind of gluing method did you use? Thanks a million!

I second the questions. How did you attach the new footstrap? Fantastic job! Much improved. Jake, I just got some of both at HobbyLobby, might be worth a shot if you've got one near you.

Where did you score the velcro and fur? Is it ashesive velcro? If not, what kind of gluing method did you use? Thanks a million!
JakeBluesZombie
Hey, The Velcro is painted with a special paint that want scratch off and had the Fur saved for this. I am thinking of making ( Kits ) for people to buy that will be ready to put on their HB from Mattel to make it look this way. All you would have to do is peel and stick the Velcro on the board, will be cut to size and shape for post hole ect. Will also add in the foot disk Velcro that will be easy to put on. Foot strap (On the Mattel Board )will have to be cut in the middle at the top of the strap and then trim off about 2.5" , as it is way too long. Then my foot strap will be ready to Hot Glue it, not very hard to do. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in for 4 of those kits. Send me your PayPal address and the amount including shipping to Canada for it, I will purchase immediately.
Hey, LOL cool ! Let me build up some stock and make up some kits so they will be ready to go. I am going to lighten up the green Velcro some I think, not much lighter though. I will also have instructions on the layout by numbers on the board and Velcro to apply. Can also send a cheap Glue Gun with sticks, so anyone that does not want to have to pick one up will have everything needed. I will post on Ebay in a few days, Thanks!

I am thinking of making ( Kits ) for people to buy that will be ready to put on their HB from Mattel to make it look this way. All you would have to do is peel and stick the Velcro on the board, will be cut to size and shape for post hole ect. Will also add in the foot disk Velcro that will be easy to put on. Foot strap (On the Mattel Board )will have to be cut in the middle at the top of the strap and then trim off about 2.5" , as it is way too long. Then my foot strap will be ready to Hot Glue it, not very hard to do. Thanks!

I'll take a kit (minus the glue gun)!!

I like it, however I dont think I am going to mod it too much, I want to keep it stock for collecting purposes. but looks nice.

I have to admit i was really caught up in the anger mob mentality, but after getting mine, I really like it. It could have been better but it satisfies my urge to own the BTTF hoverboard. Looks live in my living room, and is instantly recognizable to the common person. I am moving on to my proton pack build. Good luck with your mods

I like it, however I dont think I am going to mod it too much, I want to keep it stock for collecting purposes. but looks nice.

I have to admit i was really caught up in the anger mob mentality, but after getting mine, I really like it. It could have been better but it satisfies my urge to own the BTTF hoverboard. Looks live in my living room, and is instantly recognizable to the common person. I am moving on to my proton pack build. Good luck with your mods
Sure, I understand and 100% with you. I did buy another one Dec. 4th to keep MISB and wanted one to add custom touches to, as it was crying for help. The Strap on the Mattel board just kills me, as I watched a youtuber say "it was sized to fit a Elephant's foot.. ?" LOL

Sure, I understand and 100% with you. I did buy another one Dec. 4th to keep MISB and wanted one to add custom touches to, as it was crying for help. The Strap on the Mattel board just kills me, as I watched a youtuber say "it was sized to fit a Elephant's foot.. ?" LOL

As much as I love my board, I too agree that the strap is a joke. I either want to switch it out for fur or at the very least, resize the existing strap. How did you change out yours? I can't find the mounting screw for the green footpad...do I have to remove the magnet to find it?

-Jonaas

I agree they dropped the ball on the footstrap. Ha after I got it I posted a pic on my facebook. Half the people who have commented on it think it really hovers.

I'd be in for a kit, especially for the pink fur.

I don't want to cut or alter the existing strap in any permanent way, I wonder if I could bunch it up to the right size, then cover it in the fur somehow. I believe I have a hot glue gun in the garage somewhere...

Likely for the adhesive backing. I haven't seen any Green/Lime/Bright green velcro with adhesive, only black and white. It's probably easier to just dye white adhesive, than to try to get a glue for the green.

EDIT: Incidentally, my board just hit the front door. The white mailer was held in place in the much larger shipping box with ONE piece of crumbled paper. Mattel continues to amaze. Fortunately, it's got "Mini-Hoverboard Included" on the mailer, so that's a good sign.

Last edited:
Likely for the adhesive backing. I haven't seen any Green/Lime/Bright green velcro with adhesive, only black and white. It's probably easier to just dye white adhesive, than to try to get a glue for the green.

Different strokes for different folks. I would much rather have velcro with the green color molded in and have to add my own glue to the back, as opposed to dyeing the velcro, but to each his own...

Hello

I have my hoberboard:sick

The quality is not good, and the sounds effects are horribles !!

Is it possible to change the sound ??

This is the microchip :

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back