MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Oh but there is...:devil. It just involves taking the board apart, gluing in a 3D-printed piece of plastic to completely fill the large hole to make it level with the top board surface, and then attaching a 3.5" lazy susan with 6" aluminum footpad disc to the new plastic piece.

Which I will eventually show when I finish my HC board...

If you're a prop maker, there's always a way. ;) But we're talking about the average buyers of my upgrade kit. I wanted to make the attaching of my kit as easy as possible.

Ah, ok. Standard clear solvent glue then.

Would this be the best choice for the seat belt nylon strapping and pink fur as well?

From: https://www.bunnings.com.au/tarzan-s-grip-30ml-general-purpose-adhesive_p1231814

"Tarzan’s Grip new [General Purpose Glue] formulation is a clear, flexible, general purpose solvent-based adhesive for household and hobby uses."

Very different from cyanoacrylate super glue gel, which does not remain flexible and cannot be re-positioned.

Can anyone recommend a "pink with a hint of salmon" spray paint available in the UK or Europe please? Can't get the Rustoleum over here.

That's the best way to describe it. I think the salmon color is an aspect of the "fluorescent/neon" nature of the pink.

Re: MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

I'm using pink lenticular backed with chrome.
hoverboard23.jpg

Is that from Rowland's?

- - - Updated - - -

My WIP: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249068&page=4&p=4177064&viewfull=1#post4177064

It's the old Philipes stuff and was not backed with chrome. I added self adhesive double sided chrome vinyl.

I did have enough for two boards but that a$$hole scam artist Grant Carden (Cock88) stole the other half. Scum.

Where did you get the pink lenticular from? And did it come backed with chrome? It looks good and would like to try and get some.... thanks :)

There are some brands of neon red spray paint that look similar to the board color. Has anyone tried a neon red instead of neon pink?

It's the old Philipes stuff and was not backed with chrome. I added self adhesive double sided chrome vinyl.

I did have enough for two boards but that a$$hole scam artist Grant Carden (Cock88) stole the other half. Scum.

Sorry you lost your material. It’s so weird that he did that, I spoke with Grant in the early stages of the Hoverboard thread/build he did, and he seemed like an alright guy, and he came through with my board and a handful of others, then it all went wrong, strange.

Thanks for the info and sorry you got scammed out of your other stuff :( I followed that thread and it looked so promising at first but we all know how that turned out! Is this stuff not available to buy or get anymore? Would love to get hold of some..... ant help anyone?

on the bright side he didn't get all your stock and you have got enough for one board :thumbsup
good luck with your project looking forward to seeing it all done and finished:)

So, nobody has tried a neon red instead of neon pink?

Nobody knows of a pink "with hint of salmon" neon/fluorescent spray paint available in Europe or UK? The online photos are no use.

Does anyone know if the vinyl on the lenticular hero boards was matt finish or gloss? It all looks matt to me - no reflections. I only see gloss finish on the photo boards.

I can't seem to find fluorescent vinyl with a matt finish but I suppose I could always matt clear coat them.

Can anyone recommend ANY good neon pink in the UK? I asked about this a few years ago and was told any fluorescent or neon pink would do.

Well I've now tried two brands and a friend of mine tried a third and all were complete crap! I had no idea these paints were semi-transparent so the base color is important. Applied over regular grey primer comes out purple!

What have others used for their base color to get the correct red/pink effect? I did a quick test with bright red and a light orange and both gave wildly different results although neither quite right.

I have no experience with neon pink paints, sorry. I always used Matty collector or HC boards as base for my customs. Maybe not 100% accurate but avoid me a lot of work.
Did you get the package?

I have both the regular Rustoleum Fluorescent Pink and inverted marker paint from Rustoleum and both look the same. I think the only difference is the inverted spray can used on the marker paint.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back