MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Hi all, need a little help seen this hoverboard for sale and was wondering if it's got the right 3D stuff on it or not? Thank you in advance. :) You_Doodle_Pro_2017-03-20T19_54_53Z.jpg

Im assuming the decals made for the Mattyboard work with the HC board? Im looking to replace my decals with better ones since my came in bad shape. Any idea where I can get them?

I was able to get a matty board but it arrived with damaged stickers so would also like to find a source , I contacted them direct but they dont have them

I was able to get a matty board but it arrived with damaged stickers so would also like to find a source , I contacted them direct but they dont have them
I know Roland did a run of the hoverboard upgrade stickers but that was a long time ago! But if I remember rightly he also uploaded the files for you to get printed your self! I think it's in the back to the future paper props section! Hope this help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agentsmith350, here is a Matty board retrofitted with Roland's upgrade kit. I like this board above all else simply because it's a genuinely produced product from Mattel, a "real" Mattel Hoverboard.

Attachments

• IMG_2938.JPG
    IMG_2938.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Agentsmith350, here is a Matty board retrofitted with Roland's upgrade kit. I like this board above all else simply because it's a genuinely produced product from Mattel, a "real" Mattel Hoverboard.

What does the upgrade kit consist of?

I can see the pink velcro loop side of the foot strap has been changed to that nice fur (I have this, just need to add it to mine) but the rest of the board looks pretty stock.
The hole has been blacked out.
Has the pink and green velcro been changed out?

cavx , yeah the Velcro is added on Roland's kit. The graphics and color were re-worked to closely resemble a screen used stunt board. Notice the colors are darker. I think the picture below is what he was going after with his kit.

IMG_2939.JPG

Finally bit the bullet on modding the Matty Board. So far I have just changed out the foot strap, replacing the pink velcro with some pink fur I got off member Vormz
I had some white Vegan leather so used that underthe pink fur. It was glued together with Tarzan's Grip. I used this because it remains flexible and does not make the fur stiff. This stuff is ideal for attaching both the hook and the loop sides of velcro and not ruining the adhesion of the velcro later.

I have seen images where the ends of this new strap is attached to the inside of the arch. I guess that is done for SA but given these boards are pretty far from that, I used the internal teeth to hold mine and I think it looks neater.

I also blackened out the front hole.
da65e76c8e8ca4da007bce0c0b7c28e7.jpg
2e596f90c948275eeddf68f30ae0873f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Attachments

• da65e76c8e8ca4da007bce0c0b7c28e7.jpg
    da65e76c8e8ca4da007bce0c0b7c28e7.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 2e596f90c948275eeddf68f30ae0873f.jpg
    2e596f90c948275eeddf68f30ae0873f.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 101

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back