MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

I ordered a back-up to be safe in case they manage to screw up the pre-order even worse. I have gotten a shipping notification for the back-up and not the pre-order. I still haven't gotten instructions on how to correct the cancellation email but I called the 800 number and supposedly gotten it straightened out.

Was there a problem ordering the Board off the Matty website for customers overseas? Friend of mine in the UK just tried ordering one but it won't accept his credit card details.

I ordered from Germany with my Mastercard and it was shipped yesterday.

Is it weird that I'm more interested in finding a copy of that final image without text on it than the contest?

...I see a glimmer of an orange board! :lol

-Nick

Not weird at all. In fact, the first thing that struck me in looking at that page was that those pictures look like some more nice treasures from Stephen Clark's (the guy who runs BTTF.com) archives. I was talking with him in person at the DeLorean Car Show in Orlando in June, because he was selling 2015 hats and had a really nice picture as a display of Marty in the jacket and hat. Really nice quality and posed, not just a frame grab or any picture we've all seen before. When I asked him about it, he said that he had a bunch of pics that are not "out there" and that was the nicest one for his hat display.

Sigh... I wish he'd share more of those, as you can see they're great. They look like nicely posed still shots taken on the set during filming. Maybe if a few of us bug him?

Not weird at all. In fact, the first thing that struck me in looking at that page was that those pictures look like some more nice treasures from Stephen Clark's (the guy who runs BTTF.com) archives. I was talking with him in person at the DeLorean Car Show in Orlando in June, because he was selling 2015 hats and had a really nice picture as a display of Marty in the jacket and hat. Really nice quality and posed, not just a frame grab or any picture we've all seen before. When I asked him about it, he said that he had a bunch of pics that are not "out there" and that was the nicest one for his hat display.

Sigh... I wish he'd share more of those, as you can see they're great. They look like nicely posed still shots taken on the set during filming. Maybe if a few of us bug him?

I figured as much. BTTF, like many Lucas creations, is just one of those film series that has a very secretive private reference library. And that's fine. I understand people come by these things through various trades or private arrangements that may preclude them from sharing the images...but it still doesn't prevent me from being really jealous. :lol

-Nick

Long time ago (6-7 years) all those pics were on the BTTF website. All the behind the scene stuff never seen before.

One day Stephen took them down and posted a couple of them.

There was more than 100 of them from the 3 movies.

Long time ago (6-7 years) all those pics were on the BTTF website. All the behind the scene stuff never seen before.

Yeah I remember that. There were some cool pics there. But I wanna say that these particular super nice ones were not part of that. I could be wrong though... Wonder why he's put hardly any back up on the site.

The Blu-rays have a great gallery on them, 250+ pics on the Part 2 disc alone, but I think again that these Marty/Hoverboard ones are not among them.

Yeah I remember that. There were some cool pics there. But I wanna say that these particular super nice ones were not part of that. I could be wrong though... Wonder why he's put hardly any back up on the site.

The Blu-rays have a great gallery on them, 250+ pics on the Part 2 disc alone, but I think again that these Marty/Hoverboard ones are not among them.

they should totally release a book with all those pics.

Let's talk Bob Gale into it! Every interview I've seen with him shows that he is as big a fan of the films as we are. Which isn't true of most people involved with films that get to be that big.

Barring that, let's get him drunk, hit him on the head, and steal all the reference material he has.

-Nick

my hoverboards arrived today, wont get chance to look at them for a couple of weeks though as had to get them delivered to my folks. has anyone else had there's delivered? not found any "unboxing" pics anywhere yet

ok, I chose USPS which will definitely take longer, shipping for one board cost me almost 50$. How much did shipping cost via UPS?

Mine was shipped on the 4th as well and is still in Sparks, Nevada as of yesterday, en route to the continental USA. I'm finding it "funny" that people are already getting deliveries in *England*.

I guess it's ground shipping here, vs. being put on a plane for international orders. Not complaining, just think it's oddly backwards. The further away you are, the faster you get it, apparently.

Is it weird that I'm more interested in finding a copy of that final image without text on it than the contest?

...I see a glimmer of an orange board! :lol

-Nick
Ha..I had the exact same thought :lol. It's surprising that in so many years there hasn't been any single good image released showing the design of the orange hoverboard.

That's correct, the ones Stephen posted years ago were the production Polaroid photos. Charles (renesisx) acquired most of those Polaroids and scanned them in hi-res and posted some of them on his Outatime Facebook page and then some on his Back to the Future Google+ page

Let's talk Bob Gale into it! Every interview I've seen with him shows that he is as big a fan of the films as we are. Which isn't true of most people involved with films that get to be that big.

Barring that, let's get him drunk, hit him on the head, and steal all the reference material he has.

That's something I've been hoping for in the last few years. A proper Making of the Back to the Future trilogy book needs to be released with a huge gallery of behind the scenes photos similar to the Making of Star Wars books. But it's not Bob Gale who has those materials, it's Universal Studio Archives.

The latest Back to the Future Lexicon book is the first time a BTTF book has been released that cover all aspects of the franchise and the BTTF universe in detail. It's black and white, not focused on pictures but is very detail oriented and filled with info that is likely to stump even the most hardcore BTTF fans. I am hoping this will be the first of many BTTF books that will be released in the coming years.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back