MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Ontario is a city in California. That is where the products start out. But from there is the craziness. I live in LA which is about 20 minutes from Ontario. It used to take one day for shipping from Matty but since they changed over to Digital River and Ontrac Delivery it takes about a week. The packages have a crazy routing. When I order it always starts out in Ontario, goes then to Sparks, NV (which is further away from me) then it comes back to LA for days before being delivered.

Mattycollector has been super crappy for the past few years. I believe their Adult Collectors division is doomed because of their poor choices for Customer Service (Digital River) and the poor handling of product lines by Scott Nietlich. Not to mention Scott's horribly condescending comments and postings in response to the fans/collectors who without he wouldn't have a job!

The tracking shows "Ontario,CA 91761" as the origin, which is a US zip code. You can thank the two founding idiots of the town for the confusion. Naming a town "Ontario" in any other state would not have followed it with "CA," which is the abbreviation for both California AND Canada.

----------------
From wikipedia:

Ontario is a city located in south west San Bernardino County, California, United States, 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Located in the western part of the Inland Empire region, it lies just east of the Los Angeles county line and is part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. As of the 2010 Census, the city had a population of 163,924, down from 170,373 at the 2000 census, making it the county's fourth most populous city after San Bernardino, Fontana, and Rancho Cucamonga.

The 1834 secularization of California land holdings resulted in the land's transferral to private hands. In 1881, the Chaffey brothers George and William purchased the land (which at that time also included the present-day city of Upland) and the water rights to it. .... The two named the town "Ontario" in honor of the province of Ontario in Canada, where they were born.

Naming a town "Ontario" in any other state would not have followed it with "CA," which is the abbreviation for both California AND Canada.

And yet, somehow even this small confusion just seems to fit right in with the fustercluck that is the Mattel Hoverboard.

Okay heres the weird thing, just got my shipping email,so thought at least my order did not get cancelled, anyways it gave me a tracking link but further down the page it said international orders cannot be tracked,but I tried anyway and hey the bloody thing is only in the UK already and out for delivery...what the he'll,only just got my email.. has anyone had there's yet????

Sound Issues,:unsure Ok every one who saw the making of video, said they sampled sounds from the movie. Well if they did, what if it was a crappy internal speaker? I mean there has to be a speaker inside correct?

Can someone who ordered an extra board and is good with electric, find the speaker and hook up some Bose speakers to see what it sounds like? I'm curious.

Small speakers on toys sound like crap,

We could then hack a better speaker ?? :love

The tracking shows "Ontario,CA 91761" as the origin, which is a US zip code. You can thank the two founding idiots of the town for the confusion. Naming a town "Ontario" in any other state would not have followed it with "CA," which is the abbreviation for both California AND Canada.

----------------
From wikipedia:

Ontario is a city located in south west San Bernardino County, California, United States, 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Located in the western part of the Inland Empire region, it lies just east of the Los Angeles county line and is part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. As of the 2010 Census, the city had a population of 163,924, down from 170,373 at the 2000 census, making it the county's fourth most populous city after San Bernardino, Fontana, and Rancho Cucamonga.

The 1834 secularization of California land holdings resulted in the land's transferral to private hands. In 1881, the Chaffey brothers George and William purchased the land (which at that time also included the present-day city of Upland) and the water rights to it. .... The two named the town "Ontario" in honor of the province of Ontario in Canada, where they were born.

Yeah that is a bit confusing for sure. But here in Canada It would read "Canada, ON." So Ontario would be the abbreviated word. Shoot, I thought mine would be here soon :(

Looking at the ups website it only left ontario California at 7.30 us time last night,and arrived in the this morning UK time... So the only positive thing for Mattel at the mo is the lightening shipping..:thumbsup

I did not hear back from CS after my e-mails to and from them but late last night I got an email to say to go to the site and order the item again and was provided with a link and a code to reduce the price form $1000 to $120 and in effect re-instate my order.

I have re-ordered, lets see if this sorts out this farce.

Looking forward to someone posting thoughts when they get theirs (or maybe that should be dreading!).

Looking at the ups website it only left ontario California at 7.30 us time last night,and arrived in the this morning UK time... So the only positive thing for Mattel at the mo is the lightening shipping..:thumbsup

Be interesting to see if you get a customs charge.

I honestly see a market for some kind of upgrade "kit". I realize you are going to be stuck with the magnets no matter what, but the graphics and foot strap can easily be corrected.

Wasn't someone figuring out a proper lenticular for the hoverboard? If so, I have a couple ideas I'd like to bounce off them specifically related to the Mattyboard.

-Gary

Hey where can we download Rolands graphic?
Thanks

Was there a problem ordering the Board off the Matty website for customers overseas? Friend of mine in the UK just tried ordering one but it won't accept his credit card details.

I ordered mine on the 4th and I just got the shipping notice. I guess I will not be waiting for the Dec 20th ship date, so thats good news.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back