MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

i got my shipment email...and I'm getting the mini hoverboard too. I moved from one county to another and they had to cancel my order and then "re-order" my pre-order. But they said that I would get the mini board as well. So we'll see what happens...It's been in transit from Canada since 1am this morning. I'll post pics whenever I get it. Sorry for all of you who may have gotten your orders cancelled. That's def. a bummer.

what a kick in the teeth ..even those that still wanted are getting messed

what a shambles mattel , these good folk out there that need a job so get some new staff

Well I have an e-mail asking me for my card details to set up the order again. They then want me to phone again to confirm the details over the phone.

I gave them the details yesterday and there is a new card on my account, why can't they just use them. Really don't want to have to phone the US again. I'm going to tell them that and ask that they phone me if need be, why should this cost me more money.

Chumps!

I am glad I canceled my order last week. $130 is really not a bad price for this replica. (I ended up paying over $100 for the Flying Taxi Cab miniature car and I didn't regret that as it was a good quality product.) It's just that I refuse to pay money for sub par products when the company had plenty of opportunities to get it right. Same case with DST.

This Hoverboard replica will sell well in the BTTF collector circles and might even get a second more accurate release in 2015. Until then, Mattel is not getting my money for this Hoverboard.

Reasons buying a Hoverboard might not have been a good idea. Even if it was dead on accurate.

I got the board, but once I have the board, the thrill and fantasy of wanting a Hoverboard will go away. Sometimes, you get a bigger "high' off imagining you want something, than when you actually get it. A movie quote that is one of my favorites is "Its not the It that you want, its the fantasy of it" you want.

Don't get me wrong though I'm pretty excited about this board, however it has happen to me before. Ill probably like the feeling of wanting one more so than actually having it.

Some people might understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y64vlLy0tw

Reasons buying a Hoverboard might not have been a good idea. Even if it was dead on accurate.

I got the board, but once I have the board, the thrill and fantasy of wanting a Hoverboard will go away. Sometimes, you get a bigger "high' off imagining you want something, than when you actually get it. A movie quote that is one of my favorites is "Its not the It that you want, its the fantasy of it" you want.

Don't get me wrong though I'm pretty excited about this board, however it has happen to me before. Ill probably like the feeling of wanting one more so than actually having it.

Some people might understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y64vlLy0tw

I absolutely agree and understand it. But: This or any other Hoverboard replica doesn't really hover, so your thrill and fantasy of wanting one is still there. ;)

I just called to cancel my two preorders. I just can't justify putting my money towards these "toys". If they ended up as originally promised I would have kept my order. I'd easily have to spend another $100 or more just to poorly fix this board with new graphics and better details - and it would STILL be horribly wrong in many ways.

You can only polish a turd so much.

-Gary

I missed out on the pre-order when it went up in march, I was kind of disapointed however I waiting until it went on sale on the 3rd. I ended up buying it at 6AM on the 4th. My status says order pending and I have not seen anything hit my bank. After reading all of your problems i am starting to wonder if I will have problems too. How long does it take to ship something out? It is my understanding that we are no longer in the pre-order phase and are now it to the "buy it now" phase. Anyone get ship dates for the boards?

I have a pending amount on my credit card and that's it, I have had no shipping email as yet,only the one from about a week back saying that the board will ship soon.. what a bunch of **** whits. :behave

I recalls dealing with the Ghost trap. Email updates were horrible and shipping sucked. The tracking showed this thing ship from CA to Texas, up to NY then down to Florida. Some people got theirs overseas before I got mine shipped in the states. They are a joke in all aspects of business.

They prob got so much flack from collectors during this HB build and so many people crying for cancellations, they didn't know what to do. They prob didn't even track who wanted to cancel, so they are just doing this blanket cancelations now. They figure those who really want one will step back up and reinstate their order. They could be doing this so that once you get it in hand, you cannot cry that you really didn't want it. They will claim that they offered you an out and you chose to reinstate. Who knows??

Phew, my second one (actually the first one I ordered :rolleyes) shipped today.

And Kyle, the non-preorder HBs aren't shipping until 12/20, so you probably won't see activity in you bank account until then. Mine showed up on my account the same day I got my shipping email.

Although I requested to change my shipping address three days ago they shipped the hoverboard to my old address.
They kept on sending me e-mails asking for credit card details in order to verify the change of my shipping address twice, although I immediately filled out the first e-mail and in the end they sent it to my old address.

I`ve never seen a company doing business in such a complicated and bad way when it comes to customer service, let`s not forget the broken promises and order cancellations that a lot of people here experienced.

I hope the board arrives before December 21, otherwise I am screwed and the board will be sent back to the States.

The funny thing is in the past week I've considered both cancelling the one board I preordered and ordering a second board to mod.

In the end, I kept my one board. I got notice that mine shipped today, but according to the tracking info sent it's coming from CANADA?! I thought they were being made in China...?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back