MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Oh frak me... I just went to check my account again at Matty and completely forgot that I pre-ordered TWO of these damn things.

Still no activity on my card (which I updated) and no e-mails.

Ugh...

-Gary

I got an email that mine was cancelled... I wasnt going to cancel it, and all my information is correct. I am just brushing this off as it was meant to happen and they suck big time. Now I will be on the search for screen accuracy with my build.

Ok I just got off the phone with Mattel and they said no problem reinstating my pre-order. I verified with them twice that I would still receive the mini-hoverboard and they said that I would. Let's hope for the best!

Wow they did it there and then?

I'm still waiting for my e-mail. I bet I don't hear anything. I would phone back but the cost to phone the US is not something I want really.

:thumbsdown

I'm still waiting for my e-mail. I bet I don't hear anything. I would phone back but the cost to phone the US is not something I want really.

:thumbsdown

get a sim card for your mobile and you can ring usa for cheap , 6p a min with lebara , should be able to get one at any supermarket

i just got the same email cancelling my order! my card details are all correct and havnt added any new cards! so frustrating! if they say i have to re-order and pay more and not receive the mini HB then i dont think im gonna bother after reading this thread!

Same exact thing happened to me. What the Hell is going on over there?

Yeah, the person on the phone acted like it was no big deal. I really hope that's the case. Again, I verified twice that I would still get the mini-hoverboard and she said "yes, you will get everything the preorder included. Discounted price and mini-hoverboard."

Well I have now e-mailed CS again with the original e-mail that has the new card details they requested and the cancellation notice I got with no reason stated.

The way I see it they have messed up and should put it right.

I have a feeling this will end up with me ordering one form the site again so I don't miss out.

Well I have now e-mailed CS again with the original e-mail that has the new card details they requested and the cancellation notice I got with no reason stated.

The way I see it they have messed up and should put it right.

I have a feeling this will end up with me ordering one form the site again so I don't miss out.

It sucks but I agree...I ordered one this morning just to be safe. I figure I should have no problem selling it. I'm not even going to mark it up, just sell it for what I paid. I'll be really bummed about not getting the mini-hoverboard though. Ug, first-world problems.

So I got an email saying the one I ordered on March 7 shipped. But I didn't receive an email for the one I ordered three days earlier on March 4.:rolleyes

But looking up the invoice on Matty's website, the March 4 one does still say "Order if Progress". I hope they don't screw this up. The second one's for my brother.

Matty just posted this on their facebook page:

"Hoverboard Customers: If you placed a pre-order that was cancelled due to credit card issues, look for an email from Customer Service in the next day or so with instructions on how to reinstate your order. Your reinstated order will be for the original pre-order price AND include the mini-Hoverboard."

Matty just posted this on their facebook page:

"Hoverboard Customers: If you placed a pre-order that was cancelled due to credit card issues, look for an email from Customer Service in the next day or so with instructions on how to reinstate your order. Your reinstated order will be for the original pre-order price AND include the mini-Hoverboard."

It seems to have happened to a lot of people the Matty forum is full of posts asking why their order has been cancelled.

Hope they contact everyone soon and get this cleared up. Yet another cock up in the story of this product.

Wow this can't get much worse!! I think maybe mattel posting hoverboards on fire through mailboxes might make this into the record books for the worst product in history

Beyond the Marquee receives and review the Hover Board:

Matty Collector's Back to the Future Part 2, Hoverboard Prop Replica Review - YouTube

And a detailed link with pictures below:

Matty Collector’s Back to the Future Part 2, Hoverboard Prop Replica Review | BEYOND THE MARQUEE

And another review from JuliusMarxAFI.

Mattel's BTTFII Hoverboard Preview - YouTube

How about that... :confused

The funny thing about these videos it's the farting noise when "unboxing the box" LOL

Overall, even the board not beeing "ACCURATE AT THE MINIMUM DETAIL", it looks nice and neat.

From Page 58 of this thread. Sorry Sloth. :$

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back