MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Re: Mattel Hoverboard

It's been a LONG TIME coming for an official replica of this prop to come out....but dare I say too little too late?
For those of you who own the bttf123 boards, they are the best. I know some of you have purchased his hero versions with the innacurate lenticular. I was lucky enough to get one while he still had the accurate lenticular.
I also own one of his stunt boards. They are the best, hands down. Extremely accurate to the original props in almost every way.
I can't see Matty putting something out that is any better - except for the novelty of sound effects, which in all honesty, is not accurate to the original prop.

I can sum this up by qouting my friend and our member, atarian, who happens to work at my job a few feet away from me (creeper).

when asked about his thoughts on the board:
"this is a hobby of accuracy, Mauro. without that, we are a bunch a ****ing
idiots with toys that kind of look like stuff from movies"

Haven't laughed and agreed that much in ages. hahah

That prototype looks terrible. It's a sticker, Mattel.... it's no more expensive to print the correct and accurate picture than it is to print a crappy looking picture. And what's with the single-width lines of velcro?
If they don't vastly improve the production version, I'm not interested. Wonder if there will be any updated pics before committing to a pre-order. Or if you can get your money back if the final product is equally disappointing.

I think this is a disappointment because Matty set the bar pretty high with their Ghostbusters props. That and the DS Star Trek toys. I think it's actually reasonable to expect a lot from these high end toys nowadays.

BTW, I'm selling one of the bttf123 boards in the Junkyard right now. One of the early ones with the correct lenticular sheet :angel

Wonder if there will be any updated pics before committing to a pre-order. Or if you can get your money back if the final product is equally disappointing.
I am wondering about that as well. If they show updated photos with a accurate looking photo board and is priced under $200, then I am placing my pre-order.

Hoping there is option to cancel orders before Nov 2012, if the later production hoverboard photos does not appear to be of good quality.

No matter what the price is, I think they will reach their pre-sell numbers. There are people that don't have the contacts to good replicas that we have here but they will buy crap from adds and such without researching it just because it is officially licensed.

I like the stunt board more than the hero to be honest; if this one is cheap enough, I'm in!

That being said, I think they should enlarge the sticker so that the "Hoverboard" words are closer to the edge, like the original.

It's been a LONG TIME coming for an official replica of this prop to come out....but dare I say too little too late?
For those of you who own the bttf123 boards, they are the best. I know some of you have purchased his hero versions with the innacurate lenticular. I was lucky enough to get one while he still had the accurate lenticular.
I also own one of his stunt boards. They are the best, hands down. Extremely accurate to the original props in almost every way.
I can't see Matty putting something out that is any better - except for the novelty of sound effects, which in all honesty, is not accurate to the original prop.

I bought one of his board by what Gen. Frosty said and its a fantastic board. My friend was stoked to receive it as a gift. This one doesnt look like its gonna be worth what they are gonna charge.

... For those of you who own the bttf123 boards, they are the best. I know some of you have purchased his hero versions with the innacurate lenticular. I was lucky enough to get one while he still had the accurate lenticular. ...

... BTW, I'm selling one of the bttf123 boards in the Junkyard right now. One of the early ones with the correct lenticular sheet :angel

I have seen the board, you are selling in the junkyard ... and sorry, but the lenticular looks terrible in my opinion. Far from screen accuracy. Is this the same version, that GeneralFROSTY bought?

The color seems different, but the pattern is correct. It's an elongated honeycomb pattern and it was the first version that the maker did. The later ones had a holographic material.

The color seems different, but the pattern is correct. ...

It's good to know, that the pattern is correct. But the high color saturation is very irritating. I think, the correct color is also an important part of a replica, if it wants to be accurate.

I also don't know if the maker had earlier boards with different material. Maybe Frosty has one of those. I just know that there are ones after mine that used another material, a sort of holographic stuff that was nothing like the screen-used boards.

I have to agree with General Frosty on this one as i was lucky to get one of BTTF123'S lenticular boards a few years back when he only made a limited run and he still shipped worldwide,the material was ment to be the same as used on the movie boards and to this day i have not seen one better:thumbsup

Now that I'm looking at it more and more, I'm not liking it as much. I'll probably get the Hoverboard.org.uk board or something.

I recently got one of the UK hover boards because I didn't like the foam construction of the BTTF123 board. But I had no idea the lenticular sheet was so rare. I took another pic because I realize it looks totally different depending on the light, but it definitely looks like the Icons stuff on other people's boards. I remember these were limited.

32_lenticular.jpg

I'm thinking about taking down my junkyard sale now. Maybe I'll make a hybrid board using my UK board and parts with the lenticular sheet of the BTTF board.

I've just seen this thread, got to agree that the prototype pics look truly awful.

ps. i'll be offering "hero" hoverboard's soon ;)

The board on the right looks like mine. Mine has the ICONS parts on the bottom.
There is some debate on the actual shade of color on the original lenticular, and no on knows 100% for sure.
In any case, I don't see Matty doing these with the lenticular at all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back