MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Re: Mattel Hoverboard

the MattyCollector hoverboard prop looks like trash lol I'd rather have a hand built one from ebay any day of the week!!! real talk

Since we haven't seen the final production board, it's stlll to early to tell. They admitted that they rushed the protoype and that they have been working extensively with Bob Gale to make this board the most accurate board ever.

I have faith in Mattel after watching AJ's interviews.

Re: Mattel Hoverboard

Since we haven't seen the final production board, it's stlll to early to tell. They admitted that they rushed the protoype and that they have been working extensively with Bob Gale to make this board the most accurate board ever.

I have faith in Mattel after watching AJ's interviews.

It will be amazing, end of. ;) :thumbsup

I've read a few people saying the board looks like trash.

I think for a toy of a toy made by the same company in both fiction and reality....it's looking just fine.

ok so...ugh, hopefully it is still a prototype (no velcro, wrong honeycomb pattern)
Hoverboard at SDCC 2012. What's this? - Topic

741fdfb8cbde11e1a94522000a1e8aaf_7.jpg

And then there is this one without any lenticular design pattern and looking very cheap. I like the packaging box, it's like they said they want it to be like a toy sold in 2015 for kids.

Overall very disappointed with these prototypes. All the goodwill Mattel earned with their behind the scenes videos and interviews is fading off.

HoverboardGirl.jpg

Yep wondering if I should pull out of the preorder - I'm going to see what the board looks like closer to October, but if it keeps looking like that, I'm keeping my money Mattel!

And then there is this one without any lenticular design pattern and looking very cheap. I like the packaging box, it's like they said they want it to be like a toy sold in 2015 for kids.

Overall very disappointed with these prototypes. All the goodwill Mattel earned with their behind the scenes videos and interviews is fading off.

HoverboardGirl.jpg

Does anyone else find it weird that the packaging doesn't have the handlebars? If they want to give the illusion that it really IS from 2015, they should sell it how it was (probably)sold in the BTTF universe. On one hand I can see why they did it like that, but on the other it just doesn't look right :unsure

Original link for the photo with quotes from Mattel.

Live 2012 San Diego Comic-Con Updates - Topic
"Stop by the Mattel booth #30129 and check out the Hoverboard Experience! We’ve got a working model you can make hover across a surface and hear the sounds sampled from the film. We’re even running a video clip from film for real side-by-side comparison.

Besides the sound samples I don't think anything will screen match and no video clip is needed to prove that.

Mattel has various screen-used hoverboards, original concept art and studio access.

Most RPF members have only screen grabs for reference and they pull off stellar hoverboard replicas.

I wish Mattel would stop embarrassing themselves with the showcasing of these products.

Mattel has various screen-used hoverboards, original concept art and studio access.

Most RPF members have only screen grabs for reference and they pull off stellar hoverboard replicas.

I wish Mattel would stop embarrassing themselves with the showcasing of these products.

When are they going to figure it out, that coming here to the RPF and showing their progress and getting input would help them out. I am beginning to think that some of the members here are more qualified for research and development of these product lines than the people they hire.

So come on Mattel... Use the RPF as you consults on your builds :lol

why can't they add velcro? Are they scared that it will look cheap? I mean velcro can't be that expensive. Seriously when will companies make a REAL screen accurate product (thinking about the Lebowski pendleton ''re-edition" sweater and Nike Mag without the power laces).

For god's sake, someone go to them at SDCC and ask them to explain why their prototype is getting WORSE as time goes along when compared to the first!!!!!!!!!!

:darnkids

Okay, I have lost my confidence in Mattel. Now it's time to build my own Hoverboard. We have a lot of very good hi-res auction photos of the screen used boards, so this shouldn't be a problem. This will be my summer project. :)

WTF are they thinking demoing that... it looks horrible. This definitely is making me reconsidering the pre-order. I have not looked.. but is it cancelable at this point?

If so, I may just wait it out.. seems like the pre-order is a joke anyway, mattel is going to make tons of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back