MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Sell the prepaid to someone you know ...

It's not the kind of prepaid card you can buy in a super market. It's a real Visa account from my bank and it runs in my name. The only difference to a real credit card is, that I can only pay with it, if I have money on it. And unfortunately some online stores don't accept it, even if money is on it.

... or transfer money from paypal to your bank account.

And then? My bank account is in Germany. How can I tranfer money from my bank account to Matty? They accept credit card payments only.

Just pre-ordered mine! That video sold me as well. I'm a lot more trusting when information's coming from a fellow nerd.

It's not the kind of prepaid card you can buy in a super market. It's a real Visa account from my bank and it runs in my name. The only difference to a real credit card is, that I can only pay with it, if I have money on it. And unfortunately some online stores don't accept it, even if money is on it.

And then? My bank account is in Germany. How can I tranfer money from my bank account to Matty? They accept credit card payments only.

Okay.... sorry, I don't know about your problems. Don't you have a card associated with your bank? They take debit as well.

I just tried it with my "Maestro" card from another bank. They say: "The credit card entered is not supported". It seems, they accept only regular credit cards. No debit and no prepaid cards. :cry

This looks like the original prototype Mattel Devoloped years ago which never made it because of technical issues for one. They were able to produce "air pro hockey" which was based off the same technology as the board but was never a great sucess. I was with Mattel from 88-93 and remember this like it was yesterday because it was one of my favorite ventures that never took off. For accurate movie buffs like we seem to be it wont live up to expectations I am sure but for the everyday Joe it would be fine.

Is it $120 shipped to us UK guys too? Also, how does the whole debit card preorder thing work, any lads from the UK already preordered?

You got a link there Steve or is that an unofficial figure?

I am placing my order next week, but for India I got the following options.
Standard International Post $48.15
UPS International $67.65

I just checked with a friend from UK, who went with standard and had to pay $48.15 as well.

Anyone can also get the estimated shipping cost by entering their shipping location, before completing the full checkout process.

I took the check out process as far as a shipping quote and all in the total cost to the UK board and shipping was £106 (used XE for conversion)

then theres import duty , tax and the delivery companys collection fee , so maybe another £40-50 on top

it was circa £120 uk pounds delivered, as for duty - the ghost trap came clean without and customs issues to me and many like me in the uk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back