MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Additional pink strips around the foodpad.

Any ruff idea when you could have things printed and ready to go out the door?

The printing is not a problem. Have them already printed. I have another problem to solve: I tried to stick the Velcro on the decals with double-sided adhesive tape. Worked fine and looked great, but on the next day the Velcro peeled off in some places. I have to find a better solution. Any ideas? What is the best adhesive for sticking Velcro on plastics?

Roland, not sure on the quality of adhesive you've used, but how about some real high grade double sided tape, or Jac paper?

Sent using Tapatalk

Hmmm, 3M is usually pretty good....lots of options though, and good call on construction (try automotive too :)).

If only I had the board (Australia delivery hurry up!) I'd be able to try some stuff I have here.

Is it peeling from the underside of the Velcro, the board, or a bit of both?

Sent using Tapatalk

... Is it peeling from the underside of the Velcro, the board, or a bit of both? ...

I don't have the board. I didn't buy it. I sticked the Velcro on my new decals, which are plastic laminated. The tape sticks very (!!!) well on the decals. It's just the Velcro that peeled off.

I don't have the board. I didn't buy it. I sticked the Velcro on my new decals, which are plastic laminated. The tape sticks very well on the decals. It's just the Velcro that peeled off.

Ah ok, I thought it might be the porous / fabric nature of the underside of the velcro....in that case, I'll try some options as well over the next day or two....hopefully don't have to resort to some heavy duty spray adhesive on the Velcro side :p

Sent using Tapatalk

I forgive the inaccuracies for the GB replicas because Matty never claimed anything on them, but with all of the hype on making this one completely accurate this is ridiculous. I know I am just echoing what a lot of you have been saying but frankly, I am appalled. The amount of "work" and "research" that went into it (and more prominently the amount of PR) was complete BS. SOOO glad I didn't order one.

Exactly, behns! They show off having Concept Art, actual screen-used Props, and having access to Universal Pictures' SFX assets, but then show off a final product based on a Google Image search, a clip of the movie on YouTube, and 2 weeks in Adobe Illustrator.

The tape sticks very (!!!) well on the decals. It's just the Velcro that peeled off.
Sounds like forward progress, Roland! Hot glue would probably work for the Velcro, but of course it'd be more permanent and take a while longer to apply.

Any luck on the silver tape for the edge?

Sounds like forward progress, Roland! Hot glue would probably work for the Velcro, but of course it'd be more permanent and take a while longer to apply.

Any luck on the silver tape for the edge?

I will see what the guys from the construction market can offer me tomorrow. :)

And yes, I found the silver tape. Wasn't very difficult. It's the kind of stuff you stick on cars. Very nice material. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Put me down for the deluxe kit, Roland! Looks fantastic! :)

Could you also print and apply velcro to the standard graphics (not matty collector cut) so we can buy that off you too?

I have a tip that Clock88 mentioned to me, you might want to try white vinyl (or photopaper) backing on the Velcro as that will help them remain their true neon colour.

They did it on at least one screen used board, I tried it on mine and I think it makes the Velcro really pop.

Also, do you know what the price will be for the kit, Roland?

Spencer: I think I see some evidence that he did that already. Note the green velcro on the first pic just below the "R". On the right side I see a slither of white. I could be wrong.

Put me down for the deluxe kit, Roland! Looks fantastic! :)

Could you also print and apply velcro to the standard graphics (not matty collector cut) so we can buy that off you too?

Maybe I will offer this sometime in the future (but just the A3/Tabloid version, since my printer doesn't print larger). For the moment I want to see how many people will buy the upgrade kit and how much time and effort this will take.

I have a tip that Clock88 mentioned to me, you might want to try white vinyl (or photopaper) backing on the Velcro as that will help them remain their true neon colour.

They did it on at least one screen used board, I tried it on mine and I think it makes the Velcro really pop.

My green Velcro isn't a neon color. It's a medium bright green. Just the pink is neon. The self-adhesive tape I used for sticking the Velcro is white, so the Velcro still has its true colors. The colors just appear a little bit darker on my photos. :)

Last edited:
Hi,new here....

I am from Canada, Ontario specifically, and I ordered 3. Received shipping notice on the 5th and 8th, still nothing... I don't remember my pke meter taking so long..

Anyone else in Canada received their's?

Mine shipped on the 14th and I have yet to receive it. Hamilton.

Maybe I will offer this sometime in the future (but just the A3/Tabloid version, since my printer doesn't print larger). For the moment I want to see how many people will buy the upgrade kit and how much time and effort this will take.

My green Velcro isn't a neon color. It's a medium bright green. Just the pink is neon. The self-adhesive tape I used for sticking the Velcro is white, so the Velcro still has its true colors. The colors just appear a little bit darker on my photos. :)

Why use medium-bright green?

count me in for a deluxe set i just recieved my board and it looks horrible it had air bubbles all over i tried to rub them away and now i have creases all over the board it looks HORRIBLE :(and i payed alot of import duties too ugh

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back