Rumpelstiltskin from OUAT - Updating jacket and boots with leather!!

Re: Rumpelstiltskin- NEED LEATHERWORKING HELP!!-PIC HEAVY!!

Does anyone know where I would find Rumpelstiltskin gold shirt he wore in "Hat Trick"?

Was Rumple or even Mr. Gold in that episode?? I'm trying to think back and I don't remember when or if he was.

Oh wow! I'm not sure we are going to 1) have time to do the dagger or 2) be able to do the dagger for reals out of metal or anything like that if we did.

But we really would love to have that extra bit for the costume. Are you planning on doing a run of the daggers when you finish it or is it going to be a one off thing only?

Eveningarwen: it must be the show before that. It the show where Rumpelstiltskin bottles love.

Planning on sticking it in a mold once I'm done and casting a few for those who want them.

Eveningarwen: it must be the show before that. It the show where Rumpelstiltskin bottles love.

The show where he bottles love is "Hearts of Darkness" and these are really the only two photos I found of him in the show online.

HeartofDarknessbackdrop.jpg

0018t3r81.jpg

I'm not sure if either of those shirts are the ones you mean but if it's part of Rumpelstiltskins costume I can probably pretty much guarantee they were made for the show. Whether the team of seamstresses for the show made them or if they hired someone similar like me (someone with an online business doing costumes) and that person made them. These aren't really shirts that you would pick up from your local pirate store or something I don't think lol!

There's to many weird details like the leather piping on the bottom gold shirt and the notched collar on the other shirt that I posted much earlier.

I know that the vest, jacket, collar, shirt and boot leggings are going to be made by myself. The only thing bought will be the shoes which I got and probably the leather pants. It's not that I couldn't make the pants but you barely see them in the costume I'm doing and it will just save some time and money to get cheap leather or pleather pants from someplace like ebay.

Planning on sticking it in a mold once I'm done and casting a few for those who want them.

I would definitely be interested so long as I still have money by then lol! This costume is deceptively expensive to do hahahaha!

Any chance it would be done before the beg of June??

To be honest with you, I don't think this is one piece...well...I think it is a smooth piece with individual squares glued on to give the pattern. I say this because of the depth between the squares is pretty deep and there are replicated square shapes.

oops, just realized the date...you're probably way past that part. sorry.

oops, just realized the date...you're probably way past that part. sorry.

Lol actually I'm not. I still need to order that fabric.

I get what you're saying about glued on pieces buuuuuuuuuttt......ehhhhhh.... I'm not sure. I think it's more likely to be a solid piece of leather that has been laser cut as opposed to glued on. The pieces just look way to even and flat for it to be glued on top to me. Also the pleather piece that I have that matches somewhat has pretty deep grooves so it could be pleather although I really don't see why when everything else is actual leather.

Either way hahaha I'm not gluing down a bunch of little squares. I'm still pretty happy with the sample I have and think it will work pretty well.

I could try and ask the designer again lol but I'm trying to hold off asking to many questions until I absolutely have no other option.

Kind of blown away by this project. AMAZING you found those exact boots!!!

Eveningarwen: The photos in the top on is the shirt I am after. I know 2 people here that make costumes I just need to know what it looks like and a picture

From experience with other Gap pants, I'd say they'll be snug in the seat. You should only have to take in the inseams.

Eveningarwen: The photos in the top on is the shirt I am after. I know 2 people here that make costumes I just need to know what it looks like and a picture

Well the fabric seems to be the same fabric in the pictures that I posted where I wrote on the photos commenting on his croc collar and the notched collar of the actual shirt. But the shirt from the episode of Hearts of Darkness seems to have another collar/lapel thing added to the shirt.

You never see rumple in just the shirt, he always has a vest on so some of it is going to have to be imagination. But you're basically looking at this kind of a shirt:

Womens, Men and Teens Costume Sewing Pattern 3758 Simplicity

You could probably take that pattern and adjust the collar area and get rid of the ruffle around the neck and pretty much have what his shirt is. The most important thing is getting the sleeves to really have that volume, ruffle cuff and extra length for it to drape a bit at the wrist.

Based on the folds of the vest ( and I SWEAR to the Lord I've seen it in my fabric store around halloween ), I'd say it's a synthetic almost vinyl printed material. It was one aspect that always kind of bugged me because it looks cheap-ish. But I KNOW I've seen it before. I'm bad with terminology so I can't really describe it...and in turn, have been unable to re-locate it online either... I think it'll look bada$$ all gator leather or prints though!

We'll be going the synthetic route for any of our textured stuff. Hooray for the fabric store having a half price sale soon! I didn't notice how much you've posted in here lately! I'm excited to see the progress moving along, even if it's just on sourcing materials. This is going to be so amazing...

I would definitely be interested so long as I still have money by then lol! This costume is deceptively expensive to do hahahaha!

Any chance it would be done before the beg of June??

Fingers crossed it should be done by then!

Quick update!

The pants came in and they're rocking! I need to definitely taper them in a bit but it's not going to be that bad. Mostly the calf area needs to be nice and tightened up. Also I just bought 2 of these!!!!!!!

caimanWINTERWHITEhornback.jpg

After searching and searching I eventually called up the place that Shendorion had mentioned earlier and the guy, Henry, was very very helpful in going to the back and finding some skins for me. He took the time to make sure that both the tails looked as identical as possible and that the hides were about the same size. They were also the most reasonable priced for what I needed and they should hopefully be here by no later then this sat!!!!!!

Here is the website linked directly to basically the hide that I'm ordering although the chances of it being that specific one are probably pretty slim.

CAIMAN CROCODILE SKIN - WINTER WHITE - HORNBACK - 43cm

Once I get the hides in and inspect them to make sure they're good quality and what I need I'll come back and write my glowing recommendation of ordering from this company. SO EXCITED!!!!

I'm telling you, I know that people want to see actual costume progress but it isn't the construction of a costume that always takes a long time. It's the research and finding of the specific things that you need.

Also I figure I'll start a tally on what this costume is costing for me as well as others just so everyone can see what it costs to really complete a full scale costume like this.

So:

Exact shoes: $200 on sale
2 Croc Hides: $373.00
Leather Pants from Ebay: $90
Samples of pleather for vest: $20
---------------------------------
Total so far: $683

That's a little painful.

I probably have at least another $150 in materials for the jacket, shirt, dyes, vest and calf coverings.

Yea, great costumes get painfully expensive, but this is going to look great.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back