Show off Roman's Darth Maul Batlle Damaged saber

Duck9000

Not finished yet, but I would like to hear your oppinions, tips or any kind of advice.

So, what do you think?

This is my first "hand made" prop (well, at least the painting job), so please, be nice :angel

Thanks to Neosporing for his priceless help on this :thumbsup

DSC03973.JPG

DSC03977.JPG

DSC03974.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(darthwhitey @ Oct 5 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1332641[/snapback]</div>
nice.

is that Zenkai's aluminum saber?...how did you do the end with the "guts" hangin out?
[/b]
Thanks. :D .
No, this saber was made by Roman, for a Rebelscum´s group. The end comes from a MR FX Darth Maul saber. I just put some wires on it

<div class='quotetop'>(StefTrooper @ Oct 5 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]1332651[/snapback]</div>
Wow... very nice.

Do you intend to blacken or "scorch" the inner parts were cut (by the other lightsaber)?
[/b]
Yes, I think so. Actually, the end cap was there just for the picture :$ . I still have some work to do

No offence, but.. the grey reminds me too much of grey primer.

I think that the lightsaber blade would have been very hot when cutting, so it would have scorched everything
it had come in contact with. Plastic around wires shrinks and withdraws when burned, so you could burn the ends of those wires, and maybe add soot inside the end part also.

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Lars @ Oct 5 2006, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1332665[/snapback]</div>
No offence, but.. the grey reminds me too much of grey primer.

I think that the lightsaber blade would have been very hot when cutting, so it would have scorched everything
it had come in contact with. Plastic around wires shrinks and withdraws when burned, so you could burn the ends of those wires, and maybe add soot inside the end part also.
[/b]
No problem at all. :D , and thanks for the tip also

<div class='quotetop'>(Sluis Van Shipyards @ Oct 6 2006, 01:25 AM) [snapback]1332834[/snapback]</div>
Looks good, but I agree it needs to look melted where it was cut.
[/b]
Thanks, :) . Now, some burnt look added:
DSC03983.JPG

DSC03989.JPG

DSC03984.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(CeSquared @ Oct 6 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]1333089[/snapback]</div>
Much better. Although, the crystal would have suffered some heat damage as well.
[/b]

i agree, but i personally wouldnt do too much to the crystal, maybe just a little somthing but nothing too drastic

Thank you all for the comments, tips and nice criticism, I really appreciate it.

I'm done now: clear coat already applied and crystal on its place :D

DSC04017.JPG

DSC04021.JPG

DSC04020.JPG

DSC04006.JPG

DSC04011.JPG

Hey, that darker scorching turned out great. :eek
I was afraid to add too much to mine, but after seeing yours I may re-scorch afterall.

Very nice...

<div class='quotetop'>(Romans Empire @ Oct 10 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1335614[/snapback]</div>
Hey, that darker scorching turned out great. :eek
I was afraid to add too much to mine, but after seeing yours I may re-scorch afterall.

Very nice...
[/b]
Wow., coming from you is a really great compliment :$ . Thanks Roman :D

Re: Show off Roman's Darth Maul Batlle Damaged saber

Holy thread resurrection!

I'm just now getting around to doing mine and I had a couple of questions.

Isn't the O-ring placement wrong on yours? I'm talking about the big one toward the damaged end. Isn't it supposed to be up one notch?

Also, about the recessed areas in the emitter. Were they black? Was the entire area inside black or just the inner surface that faces outward? I hope this makes sense.

Like this is the recess: >|_|<---Should this area be painted inside as well,
or just this area --------^

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back