George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused

I'll just leave this here

Edit: very large picture behind the jump. posted it directly but its kinda too large for forum use. Just a picture of Lucas being a Troll , one way or the other.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/79/Kelly_and_George.jpg

Edit edit:

smaller pic, hah

250px-Kelly_and_George.jpg

Last edited:
Marcia Lucas. It was really that George became Darth Vader about the time he built that ranch. Insulated ever since.

The Secret History of Star Wars

And yes, I just read that interview also. George is trying to make us believe what he said. He knows he's gotta wave his hands around like some Jedi to get us to believe it, right?! :)
So she made him, and she got the Oscar.
For editing Star Wars no less.
No wonder he is trying to change everything about SW. When he looks at that film he sees his ex wife.

Thanks for posting that on Marcia, it explains just about everything.
Imagine what the prequels would have been like if she was involved.

Marcia Lucas. It was really that George became Darth Vader about the time he built that ranch. Insulated ever since.

The Secret History of Star Wars

And yes, I just read that interview also. George is trying to make us believe what he said. He knows he's gotta wave his hands around like some Jedi to get us to believe it, right?! :)

So, basically, Lucas has ruined his movies in later edits because he's can't deal with the fact that he's emotionally stunted, which also resulted in his wife leaving him? I guess that explains that scene between Padme and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith where he damn near killed her and their children because he thought she betrayed him. But it doesn't make up for the changes, though.

You know that scene in "Raiders" where the carload of Nazi's goes careening over that very high cliff and they tumble out one by one as they plummet? That's now the perfect metaphore for George Lucas's mind.

Soon to be edited for the Blu-Ray release, in a way that will better portray Dr. Jones in a better light, since he is the hero.

I dispise George for all of his crap over the years, and have long since lost my love of Star Wars because of it, but I have a question about George and my all time favorite film; Raiders of the Lost Ark. Is there ANYTHING keeping him from destroying Raiders (or Temple, and Last Crusade for that matter)? I have enough rage in my life already without seeing George destroy Indy too.

You know that scene in "Raiders" where the carload of Nazi's goes careening over that very high cliff and they tumble out one by one as they plummet? That's now the perfect metaphore for George Lucas's mind.

Oh, those Nazis didn't die. That was just our misunderstanding. There was actually a landfill of pillows right below them and they all landed safely. If they had used the wider shot George intially wanted we wouldn't have been confused. Thank god we have Mr. Lucas to clear up our collective ignorance.

Technically, Han didn't shoot first.

In this context, "first" is defined as "being before all others with respect to time, order, rank, importance, etc.". Since Greedo never fired his weapon in the original theatrical cut of Star Wars, Han didn't fire the first shot, he fired the only shot.

As for Lucas' comments, I have no idea what he thinks he's going to accomplish. Those of us who have repeatedly seen the original theatrical releases of the Original Trilogy movies know what we saw; no amount of revisionism is going to change that no matter how often he repeats himself.

Last edited:
Yeah he kinda killed that when he edited ET post 911.

But I remember there were reports about him considering giving ROTLA the same treatment that Lucas gave in 1997 to the original Star Wars films, that fans reacted negatively to the idea and Spielberg decided not to do it. The only digital alternations done were the removing of the guide track equipment for the boulder and the removing of the reflection of the glass from the 'face to face with a snake' scene.

Plus, Steven Spielberg later stated that editing E.T. was a huge mistake and vowed never to do such a thing again. And so far, he has stayed true to his word.

Don't forget Gary.
No we can't, but who knows how George sees it. Since he is telling us a scene isn't what we saw, but what he says it is.

So, basically, Lucas has ruined his movies in later edits because he's can't deal with the fact that he's emotionally stunted, which also resulted in his wife leaving him? I guess that explains that scene between Padme and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith where he damn near killed her and their children because he thought she betrayed him. But it doesn't make up for the changes, though.
So there must be some guilt going on with GL, making Padme the innocent one.

I keep thinking George is goosing us.

Don't forget Gary.

I think peole give Gary too much credit. Sure ANH and TESB would not have been the same without him, and some of his views on Lucas are spot on; some of those views come from some pretty shodddy reasoning. Most of his ideas for what "Return of the Jedi" should have been like are pretty bizzare, and IMO would have resulted in a worse film.

I don't usually step in to these quagmires but...

I would love to take his citing of Blade Runner having multiple cuts and changes so why are folks balking line, and turn it on him. Yes George but, the original cut of BR is still there preserved remastered and in hi def. <This is all I ask! If you do this George, you can add product placements, new absurd characters, give Luke a digital hair cut or bastardize it however you want and I won't say boo.

Doug

So she made him, and she got the Oscar.
For editing Star Wars no less.
No wonder he is trying to change everything about SW. When he looks at that film he sees his ex wife.

Thanks for posting that on Marcia, it explains just about everything.
Imagine what the prequels would have been like if she was involved.

She only edited part of it. There were 3 editors, plus Lucas himself who edited one of the best-edited sequences: the TIE attack on the Falcon.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back