George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused

Is he really this out of touch?

Between the Blu-Rays themselves and the recent string of "announcements" Lucas has made, it kind of baffles me how...odd...he really is.

2012: The Year He Lost Contact.

I thought the same thing. If this isn't a joke, he's gone senile and totally lost it. Someone should really pull SW away from him if this is the case.

He must be really bored if he has nothing better than do than make statements like this and I wonder how many fans this ticks off.

*****.... What a complete nut. I think he has some kind of parasite in his head or something. He's becoming the Michael Jackson of the film world. Gets ****ing crazier as he gets older.

It almost sounds like he believes the Special Editions are the only SW, cause of his statement that he was just fixing up the part where Greedo shoots first but it wasn't that good and you couldn't tell he was firing first.

Marcia Lucas. It was really that George became Darth Vader about the time he built that ranch. Insulated ever since.

The Secret History of Star Wars

And yes, I just read that interview also. George is trying to make us believe what he said. He knows he's gotta wave his hands around like some Jedi to get us to believe it, right?! :)

That's a great little piece of writing there. "Indeed, it was only the audience’s own bloodlust that led them astray and left them so confused for so many years—a bloodlust that festered into their ravenous need to set jaws upon George Lucas every time he tries to make his work a little more innocent and magical. Fortunately, all it took was a wider shot and a grafted-on cartoon laser beam to save future generations from wandering down that same dark path, which leads only to anger, hatred, and in forthcoming editions, a nice periwinkle garden." - haw!

Let's see a diehard defend Lucas for this. Oh please let's.

Oh boy was I ever confused as a seven year old!

Han never shot first at all! They both must have shot at the exact same time (which of course produced the sparky explosion through the table) and for a wee second we "thought" that Han may have bought the farm...

But he got off a shot a split second after Greedo fired his blaster! The sparky explosion was actually produced by both Greedo and Han firing their blasters!

Man! 35 years later and I finally get it now! Boy do I feel stupid! :facepalm

Thank you Uncle George! :thumbsup :)

Kevin

Last edited:
You know that scene in "Raiders" where the carload of Nazi's goes careening over that very high cliff and they tumble out one by one as they plummet? That's now the perfect metaphore for George Lucas's mind.

The person writing this thing looks like a Lucas Film spin doctor.
Vermithrax: lol George is a few Nazis short of a Gestapo?

You know that scene in "Raiders" where the carload of Nazi's goes careening over that very high cliff and they tumble out one by one as they plummet? That's now the perfect metaphore for George Lucas's mind.

:lol

After the day I had today, did I ever need that laugh! Thanks!

Kevin

Imagine what he would do to a Clint Eastwood movie.

YzRrs.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back