George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused

Yes, I was kidding. I know all about the original "vision" of the fight scene...which George has been trying to get Spielberg to let him change for years. :lol

thus proving once again that the adlibs of a skilled actor can be better than any scripting.

Also, if you haven't, go read the article on the first page. totally changes your perspective on the prequels and all these changes. I actually understand what he was trying to do with the prequels now. Anakin was him, and as he gained power it destroyed the love him and his wife had. Now he is the very thing he tried to destroy (insert earlier pic here). and i think he has always viewed the audience as stupid, but before he had others around to say "you don't need this here" or "that doesn't work as well as this". but in his own workaholic obsession he drove the people that made him great away. and his constant changing is just his obsession with his work that he can't seem to let go mixed with his inability to communicate and feel.

its sad really. i feel bad for the guy

Technically, Han didn't shoot first.

Since Greedo never fired his weapon in the original theatrical cut of Star Wars, Han didn't fire the first shot, he fired the only shot.

Not only that, but he shot Greedo in the balls!

:thumbsup

(Wasn't it Vegeta who pointed that out in his signature once?)

GLcarb1.jpg

Just saying...

So Lucas is actually trying Jedi mind tricks on his fan base?

Weird, right? It's certainly starting to look that way. Almost as if he thinks he's so brilliant and powerful and the masses are so weak that they will fall under his power of suggestion and believe anything he says. :wacko

I've had a prophetic vision of what will happen when Georgie finally kicks the bucket: He has spent so much money and effort in an attempt to supress the original theatrical cuts of the OT and angered so many fans by doing so that on the day of his death I can see the shafts of light breaking through the darkened clouds that have overhung SW fandom for so long, hundreds of thousands of people shaking off their shackles, taking our SE dvds and tossing them onto giant pyres across the land as Marcia Lucas announces that the originals will now be released on Blu-Ray. A great cry of bliss as someone shouts "WEESA FREEEEEE!!!!!" and the great statue of Lucas at Skywalker Ranch topples as Rick McCallum is herded out in chains, confetti rains down from the heavens, fireworks burst, people dance in the street, and trumpets herald the dawning of a new era.

Or maybe I just put too much hot sauce on my tacos before I went to bed last night. :lol

I never thought Han just shot the green goon out of the blue, I ALWAYS considered it a clear case of self defense. This was wild west rules as that was the whole point of having a damn bar scene for gawd sake.

And 99.9% of fans percieve it that way too.

It didn't make Han a bad guy in any way, just a bad ass.

I never thought Han just shot the green goon out of the blue, I ALWAYS considered it a clear case of self defense. This was wild west rules as that was the whole point of having a damn bar scene for gawd sake.

And 99.9% of fans percieve it that way too.

It didn't make Han a bad guy in any way, just a bad ass.

No, more like 100% of the fans.

People might DEFEND his decision to change things, and might even argue that he INTENDED to do that scene differently, but nobody, not even the most blindly loyal idiot fanboy, would ever, ever argue that Greedo ACTUALLY got off a shot in the original.

Anyway, George Lucas can say that we actually saw them both shoot at the same time, it's just that this or that wasn't in frame.

George Lucas will also be dead @#$&ing wrong.

That's the part of this that I find most galling and, frankly, stupid and insulting. The notion that he can, with a straight face, argue that I "misunderstood" the scene AS ORIGINALLY SHOT...it's just...mindboggling. Truly.

First, &%$ you for thinking I'd be so stupid or gullible or easily manipulated as to just take what you say as the gospel truth. Second, I would argue that anyone who views that scene as anything other than Han shooting Greedo plain and simple -- no shot from Greedo -- is mentally deranged. No exaggeration. Out of their freaking minds.

That'd be like saying Rosebud was actually Charles Foster Kane's dog. IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

I've come to believe that Lucas simply has his own vision of the films in his mind, and he has lost the ability to distinguish between what he imagines now and what was done in the past. Maybe that's because he always DID imagine it that way, and folks around him made him change it. Maybe it's because his attitudes changed over time, and so did the mental movie. But either way, that guy is simply reading from a different script from the rest of us. What he sees in his mind apparently has less and less to do with what actually made it to screen, and I think his mental movie is, for him, the touchstone for what the "true" version is. This would explain changes like "no, no, there were ALWAYS rocks in front of R2." "Um....they aren't in the shot...." "Well PUT THEM IN THEN!!! WHAT DO I PAY YOU PEOPLE FOR?!"

Anyway, here's a shot from the next film he's doing about the true history of Soviet Russia.

Doctored_Stalin-Lenin.jpg

I've had a prophetic vision of what will happen when Georgie finally kicks the bucket: He has spent so much money and effort in an attempt to supress the original theatrical cuts of the OT and angered so many fans by doing so that on the day of his death I can see the shafts of light breaking through the darkened clouds that have overhung SW fandom for so long, hundreds of thousands of people shaking off their shackles, taking our SE dvds and tossing them onto giant pyres across the land as Marcia Lucas announces that the originals will now be released on Blu-Ray. A great cry of bliss as someone shouts "WEESA FREEEEEE!!!!!" and the great statue of Lucas at Skywalker Ranch topples as Rick McCallum is herded out in chains, confetti rains down from the heavens, fireworks burst, people dance in the street, and trumpets herald the dawning of a new era.

Or maybe I just put too much hot sauce on my tacos before I went to bed last night. :lol
Honestly. I think that's a sad vision.

He is our Howard Hughes.

Kevin

OMG, you did NOT just compare some petty filmmaker who owes a special effects company for his success, to one of the biggest geniuses of our time?!

if you'd said Howard the Duck, i would've agreed. as it is, i just have to shake my head in disgust.

Howard Hughes a genius? How so?

He inherited $750 million dollars, and turned it into a billion. Big deal.
Much is made of the fact that all he got was his dads machine shop. But his dad invented the drill bit that every Oil Rig in the world used, and still does. So he had $750,000,000.00 when he died.

So Howard made a few airplanes, a few movies, then moved to Vegas and wore klennex boxes as shoes.

Howard Hughes a genius? How so?

He inherited $750 million dollars, and turned it into a billion. Big deal.
Much is made of the fact that all he got was his dads machine shop. But his dad invented the drill bit that every Oil Rig in the world used, and still does. So he had $750,000,000.00 when he died.

So Howard made a few airplanes, a few movies, then moved to Vegas and wore klennex boxes as shoes.

Some tidbits I have picked up on the aviation side....
He took an unusually very long time to learn to fly.
He also made an extremely stupid decision in the cockpit that lead to that first crash that fouled him up for life.

Honestly. I think that's a sad vision.

Well, like all alleged prophetic visions it was probably the result of illicit drugs. :lol

Howard Hughes was a genius on a number of levels, actually. He was a brilliant designer and visionary in the aviation world, but his father's tool company is what enabled him to put his dreams into practice. He also had an incredible photographic memory. His mental state deterioated due to a variety of reasons: his obsessive compulsive disorder, possible head injury due to two major crashes, and an addiction to codeine that he was never able to shake. That's basically how he ended up the way he did. Very sad situation. George Lucas on the other hand is just going increasingly senile.

Uhhhhh, I think you're all forgetting that Howard Hughes also invented the rocket pack. Hasn't anyone seen that one documentary? I think it was called "The Rocketeer".

Well, like all alleged prophetic visions it was probably the result of illicit drugs. :lol

Howard Hughes was a genius on a number of levels, actually. He was a brilliant designer and visionary in the aviation world, but his father's tool company is what enabled him to put his dreams into practice. He also had an incredible photographic memory. His mental state deterioated due to a variety of reasons: his obsessive compulsive disorder, possible head injury due to two major crashes, and an addiction to codeine that he was never able to shake. That's basically how he ended up the way he did. Very sad situation. George Lucas on the other hand is just going increasingly senile.

In Hughes' defense I can see why he liked codeine so much :lol I wish Lucas' luck could rub off as I need a little.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back