George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused

Anyway, what a confused tool Lucas is. Han wasn't a cold-blooded killer in the original version in any case, since he was a nanosecond away from being executed. The line 'That's the idea' is Solo being sentenced to death by a guy who has a gun pointed at him. Anyone would shoot Greedo at that point. I mean, for crying out loud.

i read this too and i have to admit i had a bit of a chuckle to myself.

Han has a no nonsense attitude which is why we all love him and wasting a Bounty Hunter like greedo without remorse is exactly what the character is all about.

Greedo showed his naivety and lack of Bounty Hunting experience by allowing Solo to hide his hands under the table and Solo made him pay for that mistake, if it were a more experienced Bounty Hunter like Fett then im sure Fett would have made sure Solo have his hands in full view all the time. "put your hands were i can see them solo"
In a who shot first discussion featuring Fett and Solo i could believe that Fett would shoot first.

Solo made Greedo pay for a distinct lack of respect end of, Lucas has lost it ......

Last edited:
And there's NO chance at all that the news article is a hoax, right?

Cuz it's in the Onion and all.

Just sayin'.

Tho the AV Club tends to play it straight as far as I know.

Just puttin it out there.

K

And there's NO chance at all that the news article is a hoax, right?

Cuz it's in the Onion and all.

Just sayin'.

Tho the AV Club tends to play it straight as far as I know.

Just puttin it out there.

K

Its George remember :) anything is possible with him at this point in time

Yep, I was going to post about this as well. Especially coming after Han's line "Over my dead body". Gee, how confused am I that I wouldn't think Greedo was going to shoot Han. :rolleyes

Anyway, what a confused tool Lucas is. Han wasn't a cold-blooded killer in the original version in any case, since he was a nanosecond away from being executed. The line 'That's the idea' is Solo being sentenced to death by a guy who has a gun pointed at him. Anyone would shoot Greedo at that point. I mean, for crying out loud.

Let's say you built a prop. A helmet. One that you wanted to have three horns. But because you were late for the prop party, you only had time to glue on two. It looks so wrong to you but everyone at the party loves it. Somehow the media show up and your helmet becomes a nationwide hit with prop collectors everywhere. You strike up a deal with a manufacturer and sell thousands. The missing horn is bothering the **** out of you though. Wouldn't you want to make it the way you intended now that you have the time and resources?

Let's say you built a prop. A helmet. One that you wanted to have three horns. But because you were late for the prop party, you only had time to glue on two. It looks so wrong to you but everyone at the party loves it. Somehow the media show up and your helmet becomes a nationwide hit with prop collectors everywhere. You strike up a deal with a manufacturer and sell thousands. The missing horn is bothering the **** out of you though. Wouldn't you want to make it the way you intended now that you have the time and resources?

nope, its the old saying "if it aint broke then don't try to fix it"

I probably would. But I'd do it for myself, personally, I wouldn't try to stop production or sales of the two-horned helmet if everyone loves that one and grew up loving it. Nor would I makes assertions that since the three-horned helmet was what I intended the two-horned helmet is obsolete and that the the original buyers were confused because the big tuft of fur that runs between the two horns obscures the fact that there was always a smaller horn under there, that I'm just adding this larger, third horn to clarify the matter to fans of the two-horned helmet who obviously were too stupid to understand that there was supposed to be three horns to begin with.

And when you start producing the helmet with three horns, discontinue the two horn helmet, and everyone who loves the two horn helmet asks why?

You tell them it had three horns all along; you were just confused.

DAMMIT you guys type too fast! :lol

Kevin

I'm using this answer as my one and only (maybe two) answers to "what is wrong with George" conversations all over this board. That article was an eye opener for me and explains a lot of things. George even talks about how he became "the man" around that time. I know people who thinks he was a victim because she left him. He's become insulated and seems to make up his own reality. Never to struggling to make anything of substance since. THX 1138, American Graffiti, and Star Wars' first couple of movies (plus his involvement with Indiana Jones) are about when the growth stopped. It's pathetic. He was much better when he collaborated with people and ran his ideas by people who had a critical eye. When it was a team, not just about him. He avoids criticism now. I have hope though that his humorous view of himself that I've seen in interviews and his statement that he's not looking to make blockbusters will help him to rediscover good movie making.

So, basically, Lucas has ruined his movies in later edits because he's can't deal with the fact that he's emotionally stunted, which also resulted in his wife leaving him? I guess that explains that scene between Padme and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith where he damn near killed her and their children because he thought she betrayed him. But it doesn't make up for the changes, though.

I don't usually step in to these quagmires but...

I would love to take his citing of Blade Runner having multiple cuts and changes so why are folks balking line, and turn it on him. Yes George but, the original cut of BR is still there preserved remastered and in hi def. <This is all I ask! If you do this George, you can add product placements, new absurd characters, give Luke a digital hair cut or bastardize it however you want and I won't say boo.

Doug

Zhora shot first!

I'm starting to feel almost sorry for Lucas. I mean how could he top Star Wars? Years later, he thought he'd give it a shot with the prequels and failed. How would that make you feel to be the master one day, laughing stock the next?

ab909f6a-23a2-4846-919a-5ecab3f83d74.jpg

Sorry, Clutch... This deserves a good-natured :rolleyes

;)

From the shooting script:

HAN: Yes, I'll bet you have.

Suddenly the slimy alien disappears in a blinding flash of
light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as the
other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up and
starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some coins
as he leaves.

Ugh, what an ass. At this point, I honestly think Lucas is just so bitter and fed up with everyone hating him for the new trilogy and the "revisions" to the original trilogy, that he's decided to focus on being the biggest troll he can be.

Or he's just gone completely bonkers.

Also, WHERE is micdavis on this?! I figured he would have jumped in at some point. I do enjoy is comments towards these Star Wars debates. (And I'm sincere about that, not being sarcastic.)

How would that make you feel to be the master one day, laughing stock the next?

The problem is he doesn't understand he is a laughing stock, and as already said, he is surrounded by "Yes Men" who won't tell him otherwise.

Despite everything, I would hardly call a man who is a multi-billionaire a failure.

He is our Howard Hughes.

Kevin

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back