Sleepy Hollow Replica Props and Costumes by Museum Replicas

benhs1898

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Licensed Clothing & Weapons from Sleepy Hollow

A friend and I have been waiting for this line for a while and I thought some of you would like to know that Museum Replicas is doing costumes and props from the Tim Burton movie.

Right now they have some costumes (sub par, as usual) and two awesome replicas. The Headless Horseman's sword and axe.

Both items appear to be HUGE improvements on the Factory X replicas. in terms of accuracy and quality.

I am almost afraid to get my hopes up.

The Factory X sword was a major disappointment for me. This one does look better, but I'm still hesitant. Would like to see images that are "real" and not marketing images.

I don't think anybody is going to be excited especially sine museum replicas is doing these.

As Usual time will tell

well if they could do anything in less than 5 years, that would help. This Star Wars line has been so drawn out that all the interest has waned.

well if they could do anything in less than 5 years, that would help. This Star Wars line has been so drawn out that all the interest has waned.

And along those lines...

A bit odd to hawk a product from a 13-year-old film that was barely above luke-warm... I like the film, but a perennial classic? Not sure...

Always good to see Hollow stuff...hopefully it's worth it. Would have loved the horseman's costume over the others, but the weapons look alright so far.

mike

Well, the cutlery is not really Museum Replicas. It's done by Master Cutlery so they might be pretty nice. I don't really know anything about Master Cutlery.

Hm... After all there are not much replicas out, so it's cool to have the axe and sword, even the gloves are nice...

Im not sure if the Crane Costume is a good idea, but after the whole Johnny Depp hype and all the "we wear every johnny Depp character costume" guys with their Jack Sparrow, Sweeny Todd, Mad Hatter, Edward, etc. costumes maybe MR thought it is a good idea...?!? Who knows...

Must have been a super cheap property to lock up.

blah'...I don't get it. :rolleyes

-Rylo

Hmmmm... I actually love this movie. It's on my October veiwing list right next to Trick-r-Treat and Halloween. However, I've never really considered getting any props from it.

You know, I've seen a few Master Cutlery replicas in person, they're generally pretty nice.

Does anyone else know about their quality?

Like these two pieces, many of Museum Replicas items are not actually made by them.

How can I not comment here? Look at my user name. :)
I'm a huge fan. It was this movie that inspired me to open
Ichabod's Haunted Attraction (on Maui).
I have seen a life sized accurate statue of the Headless Horseman from
this movie. I believe it was being sold by Grandinroad an affiliate of
Martha Stewart (who does Halloween very well). That was the best prop from
Sleepy Hallow I've ever seen.
Excellent film from my point of view.

I didn't look to closely - is this currently available? Or still pending...?

The weapons are available for pre-order; shipping this summer. The costumes look like they're available now, for anybody who wants 'em...

I am almost afraid to get my hopes up.

The Factory X sword was a major disappointment for me. This one does look better, but I'm still hesitant. Would like to see images that are "real" and not marketing images.

I'd love to see some actual photos as well. It seems there are a few minor inaccuracies with the sword, but none that would keep a big fan of the film, such as myself from buying it. Plus, they do have a 30-day return policy...

Thats why they picked it up, it was probably given to them for cheap and as onkelpyscho posted they are banking on Depp fans to flock to it.

I just don't see that happening :unsure

Must have been a super cheap property to lock up.

blah'...I don't get it. :rolleyes

-Rylo

The weapons are available for pre-order; shipping this summer. The costumes look like they're available now, for anybody who wants 'em...

I'd love to see some actual photos as well. It seems there are a few minor inaccuracies with the sword, but none that would keep a big fan of the film, such as myself from buying it. Plus, they do have a 30-day return policy...

The photos don't appear to be too idealized. I wouldn't be surprised if they are pretty much what you get.

OK, I sprung for the Ichabod Crane ensemble because even at these prices, it's half what commission costumers have quoted. For what it's worth, here are my comments:
It's not bad. As usual, you have to allow for their stingy sizing. A taller, long armed guy on the thin side would still need to get the L/XL coat and shirt but only the M vest and trousers. The resulting fit is not bad and is pretty close to what you see on screen. The button count is accurate and the sheen of the vest and trousers is, like the screen costume, different. The coat is 'dead' or dull and the cotton used for the vest and trousers has a low sheen.
I suppose to make this look more desirable, they used silver metal buttons on the vest, like he wears on his Constable uniform, not what he's wearing on his visit to Sleepy Hollow. It's not a deal killer for me and does look OK, if not screen accurate.
The shirt could certainly be better for the money. the pattern is OK but it's very thin, just barely opaque. I will probably send it to a reenactment shirt maker and have it done in a sturdier cotton.

Last edited:
Not just to pad my posting tally but I think these characters and costumes have a lasting appeal, despite the vintage of the film. Many of us enjoy seeing this movie a time or two every year and that is one of the criteria I use for investing the time and treasure to get up a replica of a costume.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back