The Tesla Rifle

drmoreau

Something I'm making from a bunch of simple components. Should be really fun when it's done though.

Started with a 2x12 board and some pipe. Going to wire it up to have lights and all. Will have fuses, heatsink(s), all kinds of goodies.

img9983s.jpg

img9985m.jpg

img9987d.jpg

img9986u.jpg

Very cool start! Are you planning on rounding the grip area a little more? It seems like it'd be awfully uncomfortable to grip.

I've got quite a bit left to do to it but hopefully will be mostly done with assembly by this weekend. Then I'm going to take my time and do lots of weathering effects, etc...

I'm thinking of doing two different colored LEDs for the "power cells".

maybe blue like in the picture above when it's on stun setting and red for the kill setting. will likely also make the barrel light up blue or red depending on setting.

still trying to decide whether I want the barrel to emit an actual laser beam or just put some bright LEDs in it.

Oh...and it's going to have a dial to turn up or down the power, the LEDs will glow accordingly. it's also going to have some leather accents and the "nameplate" on the rear of the stock is going to say something.

looking good so far. looks similar to the gun arty and claudia use to "fix the fish" in warehouse 13

Last edited:
did a little more work on it tonight. driving myself crazy because I want to finish working on it and of course I'm busy as hell with work the last few weeks and into next week. argh.

img9671.jpg

img9672q.jpg

second coat of stain goes on tonight now that I've got it sorted for all of the mounting points etc...

hopefully some pictures with the two different colored lights tonight :)

i really don't know what the front piece is....found it at a flea market.

if anyone could help me identify it I'd be appreciative.

my best guess so far is something for drilling oil.....could be totally wrong though.

i really don't know what the front piece is....found it at a flea market.

if anyone could help me identify it I'd be appreciative.

my best guess so far is something for drilling oil.....could be totally wrong though.
:lol I just had to laugh when I read this... sorry.

That is a cutting die for a ratcheting pipe threader.

I used to cut, thread, and assemble gas pipe over 20 years ago at my very first job. So imagine the irony that struck me when I see that you have this pipe threading die connected to what appears to be black gas pipe, but don't know exactly what it is. :facepalm

Nice telsa rifle build by the way. :cool

:lol I just had to laugh when I read this... sorry.

That is a cutting die for a ratcheting pipe threader.

So imagine the irony that struck me when I see that you have this pipe threading die connected to what appears to be black gas pipe, but don't know exactly what it is. :facepalm

Nice telsa rifle build by the way. :cool

Right? Used to use a set of these every day throughout the late 80's... I thought, ' put the barrel in a chain vise, pour some oil on it and give your 'flash-hider' a stout crank...you'll be amazed at what happens!!'

And it is a nice rifle.

awesome....at least now I might be able to find another one if I ever want to build another rifle.

thanks for the compliments guys. hope to post more pics this evening.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back