Quality of South Beach Leather's leather

CorriTimigan

Hey there everypeople!

For a long time I've been looking for a replica of Morpheus' coat from The Matrix films:
morpheus-matrix-reloaded.jpg

Link: http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/movies/pages/morpheus-matrix-reloaded.shtml

Look at that beast, it's awesome! The long double breasted design with the croc pattern leather, simply stunning. Now unfortunately I came to the costume replicas scene a bit late and I missed the Abbyshot train. As a matter of fact, the only place that does sell it is South Beach Leather.

I'm fully aware of SBL's shameful status as a replica site but what is the quality of their material? They have the croc skin pattern I'm looking for and I'm thinking of contacting them to ask if I can just buy a few yards of that and having it sent away to someone (possibly Baron Boutique if they're up for it) to get a decent replica made.

So, does anyone know if that will be worth it? I'm aware that even if I do ask for the material there's a small chance they'll sell to me but I'd like to know if it's worth trying.

Thanks in advance!
CorriTimigan

Last edited:
I've just received a full length replica coat from South Beach Leather and I really have to give them praise for the item! It is beyond what I expected and I am over the moon with their timescale, price and workmanship!!!!

They are a it slow in replying but I really have to say they do come through!

A few years back I purchased Spike's leather trenchcoat from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The fit is alright, but the leather is not soft. It's too rigid and feels something a businessman would wear.

I must apologise for not replying myself, somehow I managed to unsubscribe from my own thread and didn't see all this until now. Thanks for taking to time to reply!

So from what I can gather, the general consensus is that they make moderately decent, if not terribly accurate clothing. For the price of this particular coat I feel that probably doesn't surprise me. Perhaps I'll give them a chance.
I wasn't originally going to actually buy their coat at all, but it doesn't look THAT bad. . . I'm not a stickler for screen accuracy anyway.

It appears the worst case scenario is I get a fairly cool looking coat that may be a bit on the stiff side. Leather generally softens over time though, doesn't it? I'm seriously considering giving them a go.

I've just received a full length replica coat from South Beach Leather and I really have to give them praise for the item! It is beyond what I expected and I am over the moon with their timescale, price and workmanship!!!!

They are a it slow in replying but I really have to say they do come through!

Did you get Morpheus's coat or another? Either way, may I ask to see some pictures of you wearing it? I'd like to see how their coats fare outside of their website.
Given their reputation, you might understand my hesitation :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back