How to make/construct these props

acook59

Hey guys,

I've attached a few pictures of voyager props that i'd really like to make but have no clue where to start. I've been reading a lot of trekprops.de methods but i'm not sure if those would suit here i.e. casting as a lot of them are rounded and look screwed together somehow. That said, how do you think electronics would be added to the insides of these things. Also, the device with the large metal collar around the it, how do you think this would be secured on the device? Finally, to save dismantling these props each time, does anyone know where i could find one of those thongs that some electronics have that just allows you to plug in a little cable to charge the battery?

Hope to hear from you guys, thanks very much for your time
Andrew

Looks like mostly turned aluminum. I see a classic Sonic Screwdriver and a TOS phaser nozzle there :lol:lol:lol.

Your best bet would be to maybe PM "HMSMike" here on the board. His team likely made those.

Where NTBBCPD where can i get one of those?

Yeah i think they are turned metal but how are they put together, bits that screw together i imagine is beyond the realm of an amateur prop maker

Is there a way to get metal bits machined to mach other bits like the threads in the end of the soldering vac? I really don't know anything about metal crafting

Hi Guys,
Here is some photos to help. I will try and answer some questions.

Star Trek tools - a set on Flickr

This should help with some of it.

NTBBCPD is correct. "The second picture is a soldering vac (see pic) with a few mods."

#1,3,and 4 are all custom made props.
# 5 if I am thinking right was a dental handle.
#6 I think was a mini bar code scanner.

HMS Mike

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back