MY DAUGHTERS JAWA COSTUME

That is great. My 10 month old twins are going to be Darth and Leia. If only I could've found a mini Luke costume.

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ Oct 3 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]1331377[/snapback]</div>
very cool, how did you do the eyes
[/b]
i just photo shopped them in for now, but i do have the glowing eyes coming in soon, i got them on ebay. if you check out tk-409 look at his jawa project ther is a link there for the eyes on ebay rod

Rod,

The costume looks great. Years ago, I made a couple of Jawas and did the eyes with regular flashlight bulbs wired to a couple of batteries. The bulbs were taped to a head frame made out of hanger-wire and were covered with red celophane. If I remember right, I covered the back of the bulbs so as not to blind the Jawa. It made for a cool effect. Good luck and may the force etc, etc... :lol

David

Looks great. My wife and I made my daughter's Jawa costume and used small orange reflectors (small circular ones used for sticking on a mailbox or something) and then drilled a hole through the middle and ran a yellow LED through it. Came out great.

Turned out great Rod. Got any non-flash shots so we can see the eyes glow? One thing I did on mine to make the eyes glow bigger was stick those lights inside clear hemispheres, but lightly sand the inside of the hemispheres so they aren't perfectly clear. I've seen people use those clear containers from candy machines at the grocery store. (You know the ones our kids always ask for on the way out?)

I thought "Utinni." meant "come over here."
But then again my translator droid is known to malfunction...from time to time.

THANKS for all the comments guys , my daughter is so excited , knowing that she is going to be a jawa this year. and of coarse i will wear my sandtrooper armor when i take her out. rod

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back