Mystery Men

scottlox

Hi,
Here's a pic of my screen used Captain Amazing costume from the
movie " Mystery Men'. This is one of my favorite movies and i am stoked to have something from it. Hope you guys like it too.
capt_a_1.jpg

capt_a_7.jpg

What a cool costume. Thanks for sharing.

The demise of Captain Amazing is almost sad. Almost. If he wasn't such a tool.

Ted.

It's all about product placement.

He's a great parody of superhero cliches. Puts on glasses and no one recognizes him, even though he's a well known lawyer.

Hahahahaha, excellent! I love that movie as well; I remember watching it when I was a kid. I wonder what the Japanese says on the Pepsi logo...

By the way, the suit looks great. Is it made from leather? And what about the jets on the back. Vacumetalized plastic? Any ideas?

Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

Ted.

Hey,
the suit is made from neoprene and the jetpacks are fiberglass which contains connections for a 9 volt battery which light up a couple of globes that make the jetpack look like it works.

Ha! I think that's a Jiffy Lube patch up on his neck. Did you know Phil Hartman was originally cast as Captain Amazing -

I love that costume -

Fantastic costume. It's in great shape!

"We always were each others greatest nemiseses...nemisays, nem- nemi- what's the plural on that?"

Pure Awsome!!! Make's me wonder has anyone ever done a re-pro of The Bowler's ball?

Has anyone ever seen a screen-used ball? I don't think I've ever seen existence of the actual prop(s) out there anywhere...

A co-worker has a bowling ball with a skull in it, but I'm not sure if it's meant to be a replica of this prop, or just a generic 'bowling ball with skull'... But he does know the character... :cool I'll see if I can get a pic, if it's still in his office...

Edit- Looks like it's the 'Ebonite Skull Ball' commercially available. Not as detailed or exactly the same shape as some screen shots of Garofalo & ball from the film, but not too bad... If you know the film, you'd get it right away. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back