How do I make a baldric?

darienvader

As the topic would suggest, just how can one make a baldric? Are there any websites, tutorials, patterns out there?

Thanks.

A baldrick?

three_dish.jpg

;)

Only kidding, perhaps this will help: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/article...&showarticle=94

Regards,

Al

What period baldric are we talking about? I'd check out SCA websites, historical fencing and renaissance societies, 17th century re-enactment sites... you're bound to bump into either tutorials or makers.

<div class='quotetop'>(darienvader @ Oct 3 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]1331303[/snapback]</div>
As the topic would suggest, just how can one make a baldric? Are there any websites, tutorials, patterns out there?

Thanks.
[/b]

That would depend on what type of baldric you want yo make. There are many different types. There are leather ones like the ones they hung their swords from in POTC, the are fabric ones that courtiers wore their orders on in restoration-era England and France. There are the lovely leather Claymore baldrics that were basicaly two rings with a strap of leather between, that would fall off you when you drew your sword. Lotsa Balrdrics... Be specific.

<div class='quotetop'>(ob1al @ Oct 3 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1331329[/snapback]</div>
A baldrick?

three_dish.jpg

;)

Only kidding, perhaps this will help: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/article...&showarticle=94

Regards,

Al
[/b]

I don't get it Al... Are you correcting his spelling? Because if you are, you're wrong. The traditional and most common spelling is "baldric" without the 'k', tho both spellings are accepted.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back