eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

wonder what they've been up to for 2 weeks. Making sure each helmet is paid for then shipped and arrives at the destination before sending the next one I imagine.

So I got mine. It's REALLY nice, and that's what I was hoping for based on reviews of other eFX helmets. The details are clean and sharp, and the paintjob is gorgeous - two-tones silvers with some dark highlights. The wings are separate casts and are screwed into the main helmet. The inside has a black lining that for some reason, I wasn't expecting, but the license info tag is kind of an eyesore. It's a shame that we only saw the helmet in a few scenes in the first film. Here are some pics.

IMG_1939.jpgIMG_1943.jpgIMG_1958.jpgIMG_1959.jpgIMG_1961.jpgIMG_1962.jpgIMG_1969.jpgIMG_1971.jpg

It would be absolutely perfect, EXCEPT for a paint flaw at the front of the helmet. If it was on the back of the helmet, no big deal, but it's right at the front in plain view and it's all I can see right now.

IMG_20140301_201314156.jpgIMG_20140301_201337617.jpg

I know the Vader helmets eFX released had some scuff issues that they handled pretty well, but I don't know if this little paint flaw is enough to warrant an exchange. For the price, I wasn't expecting an issue like this. I'll probably try and email their customer service with the pics to see if I can get another. But aside from that, it really is a gorgeous piece, well worth the price.

Looks amazing, man! Thanks for the pictures. Bummer about that little flaw but, at least, it's really miniscule. Now I'm really looking forward to getting mine this week. :D :thumbsup

Looks nice, bummer about the defect. Yeah for the price you really want it to be absolutely perfect.

If mines not absolutely perfect and $600 worth of awesome It’s going back and I’m getting a refund.

After my museum replicas Thor Hammer problems I’m done with the to-ing and fro-ing with replacements that are just as bad.

After EFXs horrible 2 years of insanely poor communication with it’s customers I really do wish you all the luck in the world getting in touch with them. You didn’t wait 2 years to get a helmet with a botched paint job.

You know what’s going to happen :D

You’re going to return it, they’re gonna re package it, and I’m gonna get one of the ones that someone else has sent back. Pessimistic sure, but I bet you that’s what happens.

Ummm yeah. Anyhoo, i'm also kinda worried that my melonic 24" head isn't going to fit in this thing. I'ts not like i wan to wear it everyday (well I do..) but it'd be nice for it to actually fit.

It would be absolutely perfect, EXCEPT for a paint flaw at the front of the helmet. If it was on the back of the helmet, no big deal, but it's right at the front in plain view and it's all I can see right now.

Yeah you should ask for an exchange, that defect is an eyesore.

I guess the rest of us can start looking on the bright side. We're only a couple years away from the pre-orders on the remaining Iron Man helmet and Captain America shield. Once the pre-orders are done, it should only be a few years of production delays, US custom issues and the usual eFX out of date billing methods..then finally we receive the last of the Avengers replicas. They will arrive just in time for MARVEL's decision to reboot the movie franchise. WOW, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!!! Anyone else?

LACrimeGuy

I guess the rest of us can start looking on the bright side. We're only a couple years away from the pre-orders on the remaining Iron Man helmet and Captain America shield. Once the pre-orders are done, it should only be a few years of production delays, US custom issues and the usual eFX out of date billing methods..then finally we receive the last of the Avengers replicas. They will arrive just in time for MARVEL's decision to reboot the movie franchise. WOW, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!!! Anyone else?

LACrimeGuy

It crossed my mind as well. I'm pretty sure that, by the time they released their Captain America Shield (if it ever sees the light of day) the third Captain America movie would have already hit the screens.

Haha yeah, Iron Man Mark VI (or VII) it's already 35 Marks out of date :lol

I was thinking about getting caps shield, but this one experience with them has totally put me off.

Yeah me too. There are numerous options out there if anyone wants an Iron Man helmet (and up to the Mk XLII version :lol) but no one ever gave a hq plastic captain america shield a try. I cannot afford a metal hero shield but I'd go with a plastic "stunt" version anyday and that's why I liked EFX's initial offer. But it seems that this ship has sunk now.

And anyways, even if they come up with something now (2 years after they made the original announcement) nothing could persuade me to preorder from a company with this kind of track record.

Not really, if you don't mind it being slightly smaller and with a larger star than the movie version give the airsoft shield a try.

http://www.therpf.com/f78/captain-america-airsoft-movie-style-shield-182358/

I'm still holding out hope to have an EFX shield to keep the trading cards company.

Awesome tutorial man and your shield looks great. :thumbsup
However I don't think I have yet the required skills to go ahead with such a build. But that's definitely inspiring.

A fiberglass shield will likely cost the same, if not more, as a metal one

If you're in the US and if they ship from the US, sure.
But when you live overseas shipping (and therefore import taxes and VAT) plays an important role when it comes to an heavy item such as a metal shield.

@DFanatic anything yet man? 2 and a half weeks since I submitted my payment form and nothing. Not an acknowledgement not anything.

Hey man. Yeah, mine arrived yesterday, actually. I believe you own me some beer. :lol

LACrimeGuy

Haha yeah, Iron Man Mark VI (or VII) it's already 35 Marks out of date :lol

I was thinking about getting caps shield, but this one experience with them has totally put me off.

Yeah me too. There are numerous options out there if anyone wants an Iron Man helmet (and up to the Mk XLII version :lol) but no one ever gave a hq plastic captain america shield a try. I cannot afford a metal hero shield but I'd go with a plastic "stunt" version anyday and that's why I liked EFX's initial offer. But it seems that this ship has sunk now.

And anyways, even if they come up with something now (2 years after they made the original announcement) nothing could persuade me to preorder from a company with this kind of track record.

You know, I learned something about eFx in the last few days and I think I should share it with you guys. That whole company is pretty much being run single handedly by Bryan Ono. I won't get into details, but I know for a fact that he is the one managing the payments, issuing receipts, responding to emails and even shipping the packages... I kid you not (at least, as far as the Thor Helmets are concerned). Imagine doing all that "muscle" work on top of running the company, dealing with licensors, managing production... it's just too much. Now, I understand the reason for such outdated website and payment system (he has it in a way that makes it easy for him to administer) .

I mean, I'm not trying to make excuses for them (him?). I don't know why the company is being run like that... it just is. But we should think of the alternative... there isn't one. I know the wait sucks, and the lack of updates and response to emails is frustrating but it's still better than not having it at all.

The Thor hammer and helmet came out great and I'm happy I got them. No regrets. When/if they make cap's shield and IM helmet I will purchase those as well. It's just a matter of having patience and remember that end product is worth it.

I'm still holding out hope to have an EFX shield to keep the trading cards company.

I hope they announce their shield soon because two other chinese companies (both of them know for making nice, unlicensed products) just teased a 1:1 Shield.

That would make sense if Bryan is actually the only person running the company. Now all the critics I made regarding the way EFX handles its business, have something to do with what my personnal expectations are when I put some good money in product/project. I know it's not a big deal to some people but the lack of updates and the delays are just worrying for me as it feels like my money is just out there in the blue. And no matter how good the final product ends up being (and I gladly admit that most EFX products are quite extraordinary) it will always feel like a bad experience to me. But I get that other persons might be more confident/patient than I am.

I hope they announce their shield soon because two other chinese companies (both of them know for making nice, unlicensed products) just teased a 1:1 Shield.

I saw what Lager toys posted on their facebook page (even though I thought that their experience with their Mjölnir and the way Marvel reacted might have somewhat discouraged them to move forward with Marvel related products) but who is the 2nd company ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back