eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

They are a nightmare to deal with.

I have heard some real horror stories

My understanding is that Disney can be very difficult to deal with for such a license. Well worth it if a company can learn to deal with such and be able to deal with such slow processes in producing items. Forgot about the issue this is Disney EFX is dealing with now.

Hammers.jpg

Tried to resize it.. best I could do.. but interesting.

With all the news on eFX's Boba helmet and Stormtrooper helmet and full suit :eek I caught this small tidbit, looks like they're also working on a Mk42 helmet.
1345_10151460490105755_1264909093_n.jpg

Yeah, EFX Collectibles makes great replicas..I'm sorry, I meant to say great PROTOTYPES. Call me picky, but I think EFX would have to actually make and sell several of them to the fans to become replicas. So does EFX have a booth at San Diego Comic-Con this year? Let me guess, they have a big banner that reads "COMING TOO LATE!!!" sponsored by TCM (Turner Classic Movies). They have been teasing us so much since early 2012 that most of our blue balls have turned dark purple by now.

Yeah, EFX Collectibles makes great replicas..I'm sorry, I meant to say great PROTOTYPES. Call me picky, but I think EFX would have to actually make and sell several of them to the fans to become replicas. So does EFX have a booth at San Diego Comic-Con this year? Let me guess, they have a big banner that reads "COMING TOO LATE!!!" sponsored by TCM (Turner Classic Movies). They have been teasing us so much since early 2012 that most of our blue balls have turned dark purple by now.

You've got a real chip on your shoulder regarding eFX, don't you?

Here are a few more snaps from SDCC.

The Mark 42 was clearly 3D printed and presently unfinished.

I'm on my phone right now, so I apologize for the poor image formatting. I'll try to edit this post in the future when I have access to a desktop.

If you want more pictures, feel free to request them.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374284805774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374284805774.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 206
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374284827991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374284827991.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 213
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374284847812.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374284847812.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 233
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374284860332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374284860332.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374284875040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374284875040.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 231
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374284887376.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374284887376.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 340
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374284912500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374284912500.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 233
Can we get carved in stone release dates for the hammer and Capt. shield please? They make great replicas but their customer service and mass production are lacking badly.

You've got a real chip on your shoulder regarding eFX, don't you?

It's simple: A business with a great reputation for creating great products should thrive on having the same great or at the very least some small level of decent customer service. I don't think that too much to ask for.

Yeah, it really isn't much to ask for better communication. eFX really kind of stinks at it. A monthly update even if it's 'still working on approvals' is better than dead silence.

As for the Mk 42 helmet, that gold plating it terrible. It looks nothing at all like screen used gold in the armor.

Yeah, it really isn't much to ask for better communication. eFX really kind of stinks at it. A monthly update even if it's 'still working on approvals' is better than dead silence.

I've been saying this all along. Their CS is lousy and they appear not to care.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been saying this all along. Their CS is lousy and they appear not to care.

Wow, this thread goes back 18 months. I am exactly the kind of buyer/collector they are loosing. First and foremost I am a TOS Trek fan. I also collect other items from 60's and 70's shows (Batman, Lost in Sace, Battlestar, Apes, etc) When it comes to superheroes I prefer the DC universe, Superman and Batman.

Now, I enjoyed the Marvel films, with my favorite being Capt America. I would have bougt the shield a year ago if it were available. Kinda cool. But now, I've moved on. I'm sure there are other fans like me. For any company to announce product and take (what looks to be two years) so long to produce is kinda self defeating. Buyers start to loose faith in the ability of the company. I saw this happen with Icons, MR, Unobtanium, etc. Now the good news is EFX has produced decent replicas in the past. Hopefuly these replicas will happen. But again, for me, I've moved on to other things.

I can completely agree. As much as I wanted a Captain Shield when CA:TFA came out and the new Thor hammer (which is still barely on the mass production line) I've decided that I don't really care to wait for it and have turned else where or towards other wants and needs. If they would have announced either of these and said FOR SURE this is the release date because they are almost done then ok, but now, why would I want to pay $500 for Thor's hammer that I still don't know when I'm even going to get. Sorry, but eFX's lack of caring has turned me off to most anything they may come out with. Good product or not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back