eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

I'm sure when EFX has the prop/product in hand (Agent Coulson's cards) and they want the customer's money ASAP, of course they will respond and be helpful. They need to sell as much as they can. But until then, they ignore the fans/collectors.

There are crackheads out there that you can count on more than EFX Collectibles.

i was all over this when i saw the prototypes but its been soooooo long, ive really lost interest.

talk about missing an opportunity

Have to agree, I might struggle to justify stumping up $500+ for a shield if/when it gets announced.

I'm sure when EFX has the prop/product in hand (Agent Coulson's cards) and they want the customer's money ASAP, of course they will respond and be helpful. They need to sell as much as they can. But until then, they ignore the fans/collectors.

There are crackheads out there that you can count on more than EFX Collectibles.
Gotta say this got a chuckle out of me. I looked up this thread to see if there were any updates on the Cap shield release, silly me.
Guess I'll keep checking back.

You know a few days back made one full year that EFX started this thread about the Avengers props. In March 2012, they showed us the prototypes at WonderCon. Here we are 2013 and not one replica has been released. The best they were able to do was photocopy and paint up some Captain America trading cards. Somebody at Disney needs to light a fire under them to get things moving. Let's hope they don't get the licensing for the new upcoming Star Wars trilogy. Some of us might have to add a special clause in our wills to leave the replicas with our children or grandchildren when they become available.

Sharing some pics from eFX update on Mjolnir, I hope it comes with that stand! Final prototype is done (see pics) and they are getting final approval from the Marvel folks. They are still aiming for a Q1 delivery (meaning March at this point) but wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed to Q2.

Yeah, this is what the email said:

Dear *****:

First, thank you very much for placing your pre-order (Order Number: ******) for our Thor Mjolnir, as seen in The Avengers.

We just wanted to give you a brief update on the status of your order. We just received the final pre-production sample from our manufacturing partners in Asia and have just submitted it to MARVEL for approval. The approval process is quite extensive, as there are many people/departments who want to review it, which may also include the director and the producers of The Avengers, as our original prototype was. But rest assured that once approved, we will start production as soon as possible.

We have attached a couple pictures with this e-mail so you can see the results of our effort to replicate the original prop that was made by Studio Art & Technology, as closely as possible in a production environment. We will also be posting more pictures on our web site shortly.

As of now, we are still anticipating shipping within the first quarter of 2013 (January - March) However, there is always a chance that we may encounter some unexpected delays in production. We will post all status and schedule updates on our web site.

Thanks once again for your pre-order! We are confident that this prop replica will be a welcome addition to your prop replica collection.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at customerservice@efxcollectibles.com

Bryan

Definitely second quarter (even that is pretty "iffy" too)

Sharing some pics from eFX update on Mjolnir, I hope it comes with that stand! Final prototype is done (see pics) and they are getting final approval from the Marvel folks. They are still aiming for a Q1 delivery (meaning March at this point) but wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed to Q2.

That's a really uninspired display. The hammer looks great though.

Glad there's some movement though on this. I didn't get any email but I've pre-ordered too.

My only complaint about the display is that the acrylic is a sure way to scratch the hammer. Gonna have to padded it with something.

I have this on pre-order and am quite happy with what we were shown here.
The display stand is nice and I have no issues with it.
I am in the camp of people expecting these to be delayed further. No worries here since my funds at the moment need a break!

Sorry if I've missed something, but is there a problem at eFX? No activity on their website since Dec. 2nd, and two attempts at getting on a mailing list have been met with no response. The pessimist in me sees any shot at a quality Cap shield fading away.
Micah

Sorry if I've missed something, but is there a problem at eFX? No activity on their website since Dec. 2nd, and two attempts at getting on a mailing list have been met with no response. The pessimist in me sees any shot at a quality Cap shield fading away.
Micah

Nah, that's just how their business work. You order something, you forget about it and if your lucky you get to have your item shipped to you in 1 to 2 years time.

Ps: I'm not even joking.

From what I understand, Marvel's licensing dept has been advised of EFX Collectibles' lack of customer service and these forum threads. Personally, I don't think it will do any good. Maybe it will help Marvel make a better decision on who to use in the future. I guess one can only hope.

From what I understand, Marvel's licensing dept has been advised of EFX Collectibles' lack of customer service and these forum threads. Personally, I don't think it will do any good. Maybe it will help Marvel make a better decision on who to use in the future. I guess one can only hope.

Where did you read that? Got a link? To be honest, at this point I rather order, wait and hope for the best than not have it at all. The reality is, there are very few good prop replica companies out there (if any). If eFx wasn't making these, who would?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back