eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

My wallet isnt linking the fact that both the thor helmet and hammer are going up for preorder on the same day. But at least efx is getting rolling on the props :love

Well, that's cheap! :D
So, what are you ideas about materials?
My guess would be: resin on the outside, polystone on the inside to make it solid, chrome paint on the handle metal parts. Maybe the're going to use metal for the spiral on the handle?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
My wallet isnt linking the fact that both the thor helmet and hammer are going up for preorder on the same day. But at least efx is getting rolling on the props :love

Preorders went up for the TIE over a year ago, and so far it's the best prop I've never owned....

I got my Captain America War Bonds poster yesterday from eFX. Got the complete set now. The only part that sucks is that the posters are not a standard size and will require custom framing to display.

I seem to recall that someone from eFX told me that Agent Coulson's trading cards were going to be around $15, and a bit more for the set w/ leather bound folder.

I really expected the Thor Helmet & the Avengers MJOLNIR to be alot more expensive than that. However, it is still pricy.

Has anyone ever ordered anything from EFX here? I've read some negative things on how they do business, & with all the waiting we've done for these specific Avengers collectibles leads me to believe they are a slow moving company. But, then again, this is the only place we'll be able to buy these precious props, right?

BTW I'm new here, how long does it take to get me an avi? Any help would be great, thx

Ok, I have been lurking these forums for ages now but decided to join today mostly because of this thread. I have been following this for a while now. Here are the details for those too lazy to search:

Thor's Helmet

$699 w/ $200 non refundable deposit when ordering.

eFX Inc. - THOR HELMET

Pre-orders begin on Tuesday, October 9. A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $200 is required to place a pre-order.

- MSRP: $699 (Plus Shipping/Handling)
- Lay-away plan will be available for this item
- Shipping anticipated 1/1/13
- Officially licensed by MARVEL
- Full scale, 1:1 replica of the helmet seen in MARVEL Studio's Thor the movie
- Limited Edition - Edition size to be determined by the pre-order
- Made from the original master patterns of the actual screen used prop, supplied by MARVEL Studios
- Quality, hand laid, fiberglass construction
- Special "mirror chrome" paint
- Fully lined interior
- eFX Display stand
- Numbered plaque
- Prop Story/Certificate of Authenticity

eFX is proud to introduce our replica of the live-action interpretation of Thor's iconic "winged" helmet. Our helmet is made from the original master patterns made by Ironhead for the film.

Even though this helmet is only seen for a few seconds at the beginning of the film, it is an incredibly impressive and beautiful prop and would be the centerpiece of any MARVEL collection. (it will also complement our replica of Thor's Mjolnir!)

Personally, I find this a little overpriced. It's a fantastic piece, I would love to own it but I can hardly justify spending $700 plus on this. It's a damn shame really.

Mjolnir: $579 with $150 deposit due at time of order.

eFX Inc. - THOR MJOLNIR

Pre-orders begin on Thursday, October 11. A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $150 is required to place a pre-order.

- MSRP: $579 (Plus Shipping/Handling)
- Lay-away plan will be available for this item
- Shipping anticipated 1/1/13
- Officially licensed by MARVEL
- Full scale, 1:1 replica of the helmet seen in MARVEL Studio's The Avengers
- Limited Edition - Edition size to be determined by the pre-order
- Made from the original master patterns and molds of the actual screen used prop, supplied by MARVEL Studios
- Quality, hand finished resin, polystone, leather and metal construction
- Special "mirror chrome" paint
- Real leather strap and inlay
- eFX Display stand
- Numbered plaque
- Prop Story/Certificate of Authenticity

eFX is proud to introduce our replica of the live-action interpretation of Thor's iconic mjolnir. Our hammer is made from the original master patterns and molds made by Studio Art And Technology for the film.

This replica is different than the on seen in MARVEL Studios' Thor movie. it is an incredibly impressive and beautiful prop and would be the centerpiece of any MARVEL collection. (it will also complement our replica of Thor's Helmet!)

The hammer is looking great. Price is not that bad either I'll probably "bite". Now, Release on January 1st? I find that a little hard to believe though, considering their track record. I'm afraid to order this and it's the "Tie Fighter" all over again. I wonder if I can get this somewhere else without the NRD.

Captain America Trading Cards

http://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-184...ing-cards.aspx

- MSRP: $40 (Plus Shipping/Handling)
- 2 Complete sets of cards, "Near Mint" as Agent Coulson would brag and the Blood stained set that Nick Fury used to encourage the Avengers to unite!
- Printed from the original digital files supplied by MARVEL Studios
- Presentation booklet
- Prop Story
- Certificate of Authenticity
- PRINTED IN THE USA!

Agent Phil Coulson took pride in his complete set of Captain America trading cards. It took him years to collect and now that Steve Rogers has been woken from the ice, he was hoping to get them signed. As Coulson loved to tout "They're vintage and near mint."
Nick Fury uses the blood stained cards to give the Avengers "a little push" to assemble.

At first I was gonna pass on this. I thought it was kind of dumb and pointless. Couldn't think of a way to display it but for $40 bucks I might get it, frame one of the sets and display it behind the HT Coulson figure once that is out. Who here is getting the trading cards and what are you doing with it?

Oh and since nobody mentioned this before: eFx HAS got to make this piece!

infinity-gauntlet-odins-vault-thor-image-400x600.jpg

If not now, then for Avengers 2. I can wait as long as I have it one day. This would be the grail of my collection. I would even go as far as buying some of the other stuff from Odin's Vault from the first Thor movie, though I know these will never happen.

Odins-Vault-THOR-550x508.jpg

Funny I thought I remembered reading that the Avengers Mjolnir didn't actually have a real leather inlay on the hero prop handle? The strap on the end looked like leather but I thought on the handle it wasn't?

These are excellent looking. I would love to own the Captain America one once it comes out. But if the price is anything close to the price on Thor's helmet, I'm out. There's no way I could swing that, regardless of how much I may want it.

Of course, if their track record is anything to go on, the Captain America helmet may not be available until Avengers 2 is nigh. By then, who knows what kind of money I'll have? :lol

Big News Today, speaking of MJOLNIR, the hammer got an upgrade for Thor 2: the Dar World.

newmjolnir.png

Looks like the new hammer got darker, as well as the handle, & the end of the hammer has a flashy new design to it, & the leather thong strap looks black. In my opinion this is WAY better mainly because it matches Thors film costume.

Although I want the EFX Avengers version, because I already on the MR Mjolnir, I'd like that new one as well, but thats further down the line lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back