eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

Does the Avengers shield not have the five screws that are seen in the CA:TFA shield? I like it all, but I think I would still stick to the shield as a wall hanger. The hammer looks amazing though.

BTW, where'd you get these pics, and any word on price?

these are going to be expensive without a doubt!!
I just looked in there online store and the MIB3 Gun is $599 for a gun!! yeh the gun is awesome but to be honest if the marvel replicas are that price
I'd rather spend the money in the JY

The MIB gun is chrome plated metal with electronics/working trigger. It comes with a base. $599 is probably CHEAP compared to what you'd get from the JY for the same thing.

Does the Avengers shield not have the five screws that are seen in the CA:TFA shield?
The screws were absent on the shield in the equipment close-ups during the ending credits.

What seems off is eFx's statement about a fiberglass shield being less prone to damage compared to an aluminum shield.
Fiberglass doesn't dent it just cracks and shatters.
Plus, the shields made by the folks here look much better.

What seems off is eFx's statement about a fiberglass shield being less prone to damage compared to an aluminum shield.

I agree that metal looks better than fiberglass, but the deciding factor for me is going to be price. If I can't get fiberglass at less than $1k, I'd rather get metal.

Does the Avengers shield not have the five screws that are seen in the CA:TFA shield? I like it all, but I think I would still stick to the shield as a wall hanger. The hammer looks amazing though.

BTW, where'd you get these pics, and any word on price?

Which screws are you referring too?

The screws were absent on the shield in the equipment close-ups during the ending credits.

Aluminum scratches extremely easy and dents easy, and the paint, no matter what paint, can scratch off easy. Fiberglass is less prone to damage in each of these areas.

I think they are talking about the spun rivets in the points of the star...

Ahh, they are there on the EFX shield, and they are there in the Avengers shield. They are harder to notice though since they are not on finished metal. The metallic shine is really what makes those features and details pop.

The Caps shield like Thor's hammer shouldn't change. Here are some close ups of the movie uniform with the shield in the background.
For your review.
SDCC '11: Closeup Images Of Captain America's Uniform For The Avengers!

Would anodized blue and red parts help with scratch resistance on the shield?
Guess that would require individual rings...increasing the cost.
I remember my dirt bike being somewhat durable.

But what is a fair estimated cost for the official shield?

Edit: The pictures of the new Hot Toys Avengers figure has the "screws" on the shield.

Last edited:
The Caps shield like Thor's hammer shouldn't change. Here are some close ups of the movie uniform with the shield in the background.
For your review.

Edit: The pictures of the new Hot Toys Avengers figure has the "screws" on the shield.

This is exactly why I wish my other thread was still around.. we went into this information at length. Some of original hero shields for TFA were separate rings for anodizing, but in the end, they had to just use paint anyway due to the edges of the shield being double layered. Costs of the official shields was estimated to be over 15K each, but I am not sure where that price came from. I can see them costing that much though. They switched to cheaper methods and build designs in the middle of TFA and for Avengers.

For your review.

I'm not sure I follow you... The shield didn't change from movie to movie, and the "screws" are actually rivets, and are on each version of the shield

I was going to say that the hammer handle wasn't movie accurate, despite being gorgeous, but I just noticed that they changed the design of it for the Avengers apparently ! In Thor the straps were differently shaped, the pommel was in leather like the straps and there were more of them with less space between them, where in the Avengers there are less of them, and the pommel is in silver, not leather !
Anyway, they all look nice, too bad they didn't make the shield in real aluminum though, fiberglass may be stronger, but it doesn't seem to have the same "shine", and the nice spun aluminum effect in their pictures. Perhaps they do, but it doesn't show very well then !

I'm not sure I follow you... The shield didn't change from movie to movie, and the "screws" are actually rivets, and are on each version of the shield

I hope that the shield didn't change but they changed Thor's hammer. That is something that should not have changed.

Avon posted his thoughts that the rivets were absent on the eFx replica. I thought/noticed during the ending credits that the rivets/screws were missing on the close up of the shield.
I can not find a close up picture from the Avengers other than what I had above.

Here is another attempt Chris Evans Pictures - "The Avengers" take over NYC - Zimbio

I can't tell from the pictures if the rivets are absent in the movie prop. I hope you are correct and it hasn't changed but until the Blu-ray release or going to the movies again won't know.

Last edited:
The rivets are there... If you look at the corner of the inner star, it is rounded and has a spun finish. That is the rivet

20167870354dcdd97c4eb995489a34623e5f20af.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back