The Hunger Games costumes

iycis

Sr Member
Any love for the books or the upcoming movie?

I've been searching high and low for Effie Trinket's pink Peony brocade fabric online but so far no such luck. If anyone can offer any ideas on places to check let me know. I'm thinking of bringing a photo of her costume with me on my trip to Thailand next month to see if I can find something there.

I haven't seen anything regarding costumes yet sorry :( But the movie does sound interesting from what I've read. I look forward to checking it out. My little brother is a camera manager and got to work on set when they filmed in NC - he told me the costumes were pretty good from what he saw.

Here's some more photos. The Hunger Games facebook page has been releasing photos occasionally. There's more on there.

wait. really? that is her 'girl on fire' costume? i mean i love the design, but NOT for girl on fire. it's like the only thing they took from the book's description was "black." i see no cape, no "simple unitard" and no headdress. no oranges or reds or anything. and definitely no simple braid. :/

I plan on making a girl on fire costume for the premiere and i've had a design in my head from what i read in the book. kind of sad how far off i will be, now. :/ The unitard will be clean-lined and plain-patterned, to keep attention to the cape and headdress.

wait. really? that is her 'girl on fire' costume? i mean i love the design, but NOT for girl on fire. it's like the only thing they took from the book's description was "black." i see no cape, no "simple unitard" and no headdress. no oranges or reds or anything. and definitely no simple braid. :/

I plan on making a girl on fire costume for the premiere and i've had a design in my head from what i read in the book. kind of sad how far off i will be, now. :/ The unitard will be clean-lined and plain-patterned, to keep attention to the cape and headdress.

Didn't the real costume come out after she was set on fire? I need to reread the book before the movie comes out.

Didn't the real costume come out after she was set on fire? I need to reread the book before the movie comes out.

Yeah I'm sort of waiting to judge it too much until we see if it actually looks "on fire" with special effects or something. I do agree though that it should have a headdress.

Her wedding/mockingjay costume changed, but I'm pretty sure the only thing that changed on this one is the fact it was on fire. Im sure the fire will be cg, but is the entire cape cg? Cinna's not that good that he can control tendrils of flame like that. Or is the pic from a half-dressed rehearsal?

I know as much as you on this one, sorry.

I did preorder the "Illustrated Guide" book which comes out on Feb 7. Hopefully more photos and information will be revealed in there.

oh, could you let us know? i mean, i'll still be running with my original design i came up with after reading the book (and i want my unitard to double as a black widow unitard, too) but i'd still like to know. :)

oh, could you let us know? i mean, i'll still be running with my original design i came up with after reading the book (and i want my unitard to double as a black widow unitard, too) but i'd still like to know. :)

I'll give you the run down of what's in there once it arrives. Not a bad price either, I think I got it for $11.91.

A friend passed this link on to me: Portfolio - The Hunger Games Products by NECA

They are going to be releasing a whole bunch of silly Hunger Games related merchandise. The interesting items to note are Katniss's jacket, training shirt, and bow. Can't really speak whatsoever for the quality of these items but I thought it might be useful for someone who doesn't sew.

ooh! a pin that is not $35+ like the ones on ebay. hopefully they'll release them in time to be shipped for the premiere.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back