The Hunger Games costumes

Hey guys, i was wndering if anybody would be interested in a Girl on Fire black suit? I found an awesome black snakeskin pleather which would be kickass for this one :3

I am working on a Caesar Flickerman costume for Dragon*Con. Going for his blue suit because how am I supposed to resist such fabulousness? I will also be making some costume pieces for a friend to be Senica Crane.
I am trying to do it as inexpensively as possible, so I am altering a thrift store suit by adding satin lapels and a stripe down the trousers. It'll be extra work, but I am willing to spend more time than money at this point.

Has anyone made the flame pieces for Peeta's interview suit sleeves and pants? I was wondering what would would be the best fabric to use, or if anyone's commissioning them.

Just a heads up about the effie fabric post...I tried ordering it from Good Orient (back when it was still available). Put through the order and everything, sending them over $100 and got an email back saying they were out of it and it was an absolute nightmare trying to get my money back to try to get fabric somewhere else. I never got the money back...I ended up purchasing white linen for a different (non-hunger games) costume because I was just so beyond frustrated. Don't know if anyone else tried to get that amazingly perfect effie fabric from them and succeeded...but I'm NEVER using Good Orient again. So if it's ever put back up: Buyer beware.

Put this together for my 11 year old daughter

29y1mwm.jpg

10y2edu.jpg

35crl3n.jpg

-Cgraham

Last edited:
3 of my friends debuted their various Katniss costumes at Emerald City Comic Con recently, and they will be wearing them again at Vancouver Fan Expo weekend after next (where I will be joining them as Haymitch).

556087_10150799131245229_512600228_11624181_1507246903_n.jpg

The Arena costume was painstakingly sourced about a month before the film came out. The jacket is the Neca repro.

Where did you get the Neca repro jacket? My girlfriend has been looking for one for a while.

effie.jpg
And on the second one, any thoughts on what fabric that is?

I'm getting very desperate now looking for this fabric... :cry All the pleats I found don't have the right pattern, and having a fabric custom-pleated would be very expensive. I don't want to go too far from the original, because the main thing I loved about this costume was the fabric - the silhouette is not that spectacular. ;) Has anyone found a similar fabric at all?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back