The Hunger Games costumes

Here's a pictures of the shoes in question. At the time of the picture I didn't have the proper white socks (but I do now), and the leather texture is not the same as the actual shoes, but it's otherwise pretty close, so I am glad :)

Those look awesome! I have a friend selling those (knock off's too lol) so hopefully they'll fit me so i can get them, she's a size 5 and i'm a 6/7 lol.
It'd be so good if only those shoes would go with the reaping suit T.T i still cant see well which shoes she wears in that scene, i noticed they had laces, probably ankle boots with laces.

And so far for the girl on fire costume, i cant find ANY good refs, only that promotional pic of her and Peeta, so if anybody has the illustrated companion and would like to help, please do so T.T

Last edited:
The new issue of People magazine dedicated to THG has new pics of costumes and props, including the other District's arena costumes.

The shoes are LAMB shoes that are now sold out. I have the companion on hand, and in one shot it's really clear that these shoes are the ones.
http://www.therpf.com/www.therpf.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2195803
http://www.lastcall.com/p/LAMB-Kaim...PL&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=prod4720001skuBLACK

As for the girl on fire costume, there is no more pictures of it in the illustrated companion than what is available online :(

Thank youuuuu! They are pricey but i'll keep them in mind n.n

Hmmm it sucks that there aren't good pics of that costume, i'll just have to pay extra attention the next time i see the film lol, i'd try to take pics of the screen but my phone has a clicking sound that i cant mute u.u

Now im also considering on doing her district 12 costume, the clothes she wears at the start in the forest, i have similar boots and i've been wanting a cosplay with a bow and this is perfect! Her arena costume is nice too but im not too fond of either the metallic bow or the jacket she wears..

Oh my lucky you!! I have spent over 40 hours trying to find this fabric without any success! Would you mind telling the name of the store? Just in case they'd be able to get some more. I am getting somewhat desperate!

The name is Michael Lavine. Though it will do you no good sadly. A friend of mine just called there a couple of days ago and they told her they would not be restocking the fabric.

The name is Michael Lavine. Though it will do you no good sadly. A friend of mine just called there a couple of days ago and they told her they would not be restocking the fabric.

Arr, thanks! i'll try one last thing with a store I know, but if it doesn't work I think I'll have to settle for a "similar" fabric. If you have started to work on a pattern have you manage to determine how many yards you'll need? I'm guessing anywhere from 3 to 5 depending on the width of the fabric, but then again I always tend to overestimate the amount of yards I'll need!

Thank youuuuu! They are pricey but i'll keep them in mind n.n

Hmmm it sucks that there aren't good pics of that costume, i'll just have to pay extra attention the next time i see the film lol, i'd try to take pics of the screen but my phone has a clicking sound that i cant mute u.u

Now im also considering on doing her district 12 costume, the clothes she wears at the start in the forest, i have similar boots and i've been wanting a cosplay with a bow and this is perfect! Her arena costume is nice too but im not too fond of either the metallic bow or the jacket she wears..
You're very welcome! I am starting to think about the cream dress in the second interview myself... it's such an adorable dress I'd like to have it anyway! :love

Last edited:
Arr, thanks! i'll try one last thing with a store I know, but if it doesn't work I think I'll have to settle for a "similar" fabric. If you have started to work on a pattern have you manage to determine how many yards you'll need? I'm guessing anywhere from 3 to 5 depending on the width of the fabric, but then again I always tend to overestimate the amount of yards I'll need!

You're very welcome! I am starting to think about the cream dress in the second interview myself... it's such an adorable dress I'd like to have it anyway! :love

You're talking about the interview where she's with Peeta? Yes that is gorgeous *o* how about we do ALL of them? Lol

Just seen the movie for a 2nd time, and there's definitely something wrong with Effie's reaping shoes. It appears it's one pair in the movie and another in promo shots. I will post pictures when I get home!

(yes, it's the dress with Peeta, where they are acclaimed as winners... I wish I could do them all, but budget and time do not agree :p)

Last edited:
Here are the pictures!

The first two ones are from the companion book, same LAMB shoes. The third one is from CapitolCouture, again same shoes. (Notice how the placement tape is gone in that last one)

The fourth is from the companion also, and what we see in the film. Of course it's a crappy picture, but it's clear from the upper part of the shoe that these are not the lamb ones. The last one I just found, shows the shoes we mostly see in the movie in better detail.

So I guess you could go with either option since there's definitely two pairs for this outfit!

Those are the lace up shoes i saw! Why didnt they notice they had changed? :/ well, i guess i'll go with the affordable ones lol. My main issue is the wig so far, i have a very skilled friend who styles wigs so i'll try to convice her to do this one for me <3

I'm up to my head in comissions right now but UGH i wanna get these done too >.<

Entertainment Weekly has an article with pictures and comments from the costume designer. http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20419951_20582378,00.html?hpt=hp_bn16

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you know if there are any full-length photos of either of these outfits available?
effie-trinket2.jpg

effie.jpg

And on the second one, any thoughts on what fabric that is?

I do have a poor quality scan of the first outfit though I don't of the second one.

And for the fabric of the second one, I have no idea yet, aside from a hunch it might be japanese.

I think that when it comes to identifying the fabrics and getting them we'd be right to say "may the odds be ever in your favor" lol.

I think that when it comes to identifying the fabrics and getting them we'd be right to say "may the odds be ever in your favor" lol.

LOL! Definitely!

My last hope for the lilac fabric is now gone since I received a negative answer from the supplier I emailed, and now my "very close but not exactly the same" fabric option is sold out. GAH!

What to do what to do. I am torn with which approach I should take now. Keeping the same tint of fabric with patterns on it, or keeping the same pattern but changing the colour of the dress...!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back