The Hunger Games costumes

I got the Illustrated Guide book the other day. It has a little bit of everything in it: Arena costumes, Training costumes, Capitol citizens, and District 12 photos. If you're looking for something in particular let me know and I'll tell if there's anything worthwhile. A friend bought the Tribute Guide book and she said it has a lot of great photos too if you are working on one of their costumes.

iycis - any enlightenment on headdress or cape?

No sadly. They must be keeping it secret for the reveal in the film. There is a full page photo of several headdresses sitting on foam heads on a table but the only one labeled it Cato's. The rest don't seem to resemble what I think they'd have Katniss wear.

I've been looking into the arena bow. I have a pretty good idea, just not sure on the fine details. Has anyone seen any good pics of the quiver or arrows?

Last edited:
I got the Illustrated Guide book the other day. It has a little bit of everything in it: Arena costumes, Training costumes, Capitol citizens, and District 12 photos. If you're looking for something in particular let me know and I'll tell if there's anything worthwhile. A friend bought the Tribute Guide book and she said it has a lot of great photos too if you are working on one of their costumes.

are there pics of district 5 arena and training..?

I finally got the screen accurate Effie fabric. It was the very last few yards that the store had. After searching all over NYC, Philly, and even in Thailand on my vacation, it was finally sourced by a friend in LA.

The experienced archer (and coach) in me can help looking at that pic with the bow and cringing at the poor technique: She's got the arrow too high up the string, it seems to be halfway down the back of her hand, and WHY is she pointing that finger? (Petty, I know, but I can't help it)

Other than that I guess I'm looking forward to this film. I've not read the books, but it sounds interesting and a fellow archer was raving about the books when I asked if she'd seen the trailer.

The experienced archer (and coach) in me can help looking at that pic with the bow and cringing at the poor technique: She's got the arrow too high up the string, it seems to be halfway down the back of her hand, and WHY is she pointing that finger? (Petty, I know, but I can't help it)

Other than that I guess I'm looking forward to this film. I've not read the books, but it sounds interesting and a fellow archer was raving about the books when I asked if she'd seen the trailer.

If you read the book you might also like how she kills animals by shooting them in the eye. Lol

saw the movie last night and i'm a little disappointed in Katniss' "Girl on Fire" outfit. :( yeah, it was neat, but it wasn't as overwhelmingly impressive as it should have been. Yeah, there's (cg) fire involved, but only a couple feet of it and it wasn't shown that much. I was hoping more for a long flame-cloak flowing behind them instead of their backs just being on fire.

in related news, i enjoy "Capital Fashion"

My wife and I have decided to do HG costumes. She is going to be Katniss (Which costume unknown). I'm going to be working on a Peacekeeper. I found some promising leads on helmets by googling: shorty style motorcycle helmets
hci-100-cf.jpg

Hey guys, if anyone needs any info on the Arena costumes i've updated my blog with my two part costume breakdown.

I'm working on getting a group together in Central AR (around the Little Rock/Pinnical Mountain arean) to do a photoshoot for the arena and were looking for a bow similar in look to the Arena bow (color wont matter, it will be painted) but we've had no luck finding one similar to it. Any tips or info from people that know about archery will be GREATLY appriciated.

------

If anyone from the site is from the area and willing to get an accurate costume for the shoot you can send me a message on here, or find me on facebook.

Last edited:
Just signed up to do a 'Capitol Clothed' Hunger Games Group for Dragon Con, so if anyone can help me identify the blue sweater that peeta wears during dinner in the apartment it would be greatly appriciated

I shall have to tackle her black "on fire" suit for the life of me! Seriously, looks like a challenge and i love challenges <3 maybe even effie's purple suit from the reaping scene :D if anybody finds good stills of the black costume please share! I've only found one promo pic so far u.u

Btw, does anybody know the actual name of the purple fabric effie's suit is made of in the reaping scene? It'd make my job a hell of a lot easier :p i got lucky finding her floral brocade.. But in green olive x.x if i end up getting it in pink i'll let the other Effie cosplayers know! Haha.
Iycis, you lucky lucky... Girl, i envy you and i dont even want that cosplay!

Last edited:
The fabric is called silk moire.

I'm liking you very much dear lady n.n i was wondering, i live in argentina, and i dont have many fabric resources here, it's either a lucky find or ebay for me, and for the floral brocade you got i searched pink floral brocade, stuff like that, do you have any other idea how it might be found other than that?, my main goal is still the reaping suit and her fire suit but ugh, couldnt the costumes be A LITTLE ugly at least? U.u

I finally got the screen accurate Effie fabric. It was the very last few yards that the store had. After searching all over NYC, Philly, and even in Thailand on my vacation, it was finally sourced by a friend in LA.

Oh my lucky you!! I have spent over 40 hours trying to find this fabric without any success! Would you mind telling the name of the store? Just in case they'd be able to get some more. I am getting somewhat desperate!

So far all I have managed to do with satisfaction is tracking down one of the knock off of the shoes (Alexander McQueen Faithful) and spray paint them gold. (They were a sensation at the premiere)

peytonriley:
You can also try to look for it on the Internet by searching "moire bengaline". You are quite lucky because there's a lot of this fabric out there made out of rayon/viscose instead of silk, which looks pretty darn good, but only costs a fraction of the price! Quite a few website sell this kind of fabric too. I got some bengaline two years ago for a victorian gown from tutu.com and though it is not moiré, it is the exact same colour of that suit, so you are sure going to find it online! :)

Here's a pictures of the shoes in question. At the time of the picture I didn't have the proper white socks (but I do now), and the leather texture is not the same as the actual shoes, but it's otherwise pretty close, so I am glad :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back