Beauty and the Beast Broadway Belle Ballgown WIP (COMPLETED, SEE PAGE 2)

aimeekitty

Hey folks! I'm starting on one of my dream costumes, Belle's yellow ballgown, inspired by the Beauty and the Beast Broadway musical. I saw that when it was in it's original run on Broadway a long time ago and Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies and I love Belle!

I'm hoping to have this done by the time the cherry blossoms start blooming here, which means I have until roughly late Feb, probably. (yikes!)

I thought maybe you might enjoy seeing my WIP pics as I plow through the costume.

Here's a couple of my reference pics. I'm not going for a straight up replica, but it will be mostly based on these. Mostly because I'd like to have freedom to choose what I like best in the design and fabrics.
0014pgz8

Here's most of my fabrics (squee!)
001427dw

Here's the second muslin over my trusty selfmade Laughing Moon Victorian corset. The muslin is modified from Simplicity 4479 (Phantom of the Opera Masquerade pink gown) Still some modifications to be made from this point (mostly around the collar and sleeve size, etc..)
0014sga1

Last edited:
Re: Beauty and the Beast Broadway Belle Ballgown WIP (shooting for late Feb)

more WIP!
This is gold beaded lace overlayed on gold lame, interface and flatlined on coutil and then boned.
belle2.jpg

More:
the same lace being used as an overlay on the bodice is also being used on the sleeves. Starting to put rhinestone chain on the seams also.
belle3.jpg

belle4.jpg

testing the gathers on the skirt (or "Good Fairy" mishap?)
belle5.jpg

getting closer!
belle6.jpg

My daughter's would freak if they seen this dress! Great work! :thumbsup

you're doing a great job! keep up the awesome work! can't wait to see the final product! :D

omg...this is going to be STUNNING.

Of course I wouldn't expect anything less. I love watching your work come together!!

OMGEEE. O_O *grabby hands*

I love this! I have to make my Belle look better and add more pretty! Can't wait to see this all together!

I love this build, awesome work. Have to admit my fav is the peasant dress but this is nice.

thanks you guys!

I did do peasant Belle first, I really like that one, too. (again based on the broadway version) It was a quite a few years ago, though, so the sewing is not quite as good, but if you're curious:
Belle – Peasant @ AimeeMajor.com
belle02.jpg

That dress is looking stunning! I really want to do the Belle winter outfit she wears in the movie. I've always loved that one.

And that photo of you as peasant Belle is perfect! May I ask though, where was it taken? It's just I notice you're in LA and Ive been on the lookout for a really nice meadow/field location but haven't found anything yet. But this would be a lovely area to have a shoot that I'm thinking of for a medieval gown I'm doing.

Thanks! That location is the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve (or near it). The poppies aren't always in bloom obviously, but it's a lovely place. You also have to watch out for extreme wind (seriously).

Love your femme Snape, btw!

great costumes..both of them...I'm a VERY macho kind of guy..but have to say LOVE the classic romantic stuff..esp Beauty and the Beast...partial to the tv series especially.

Thanks! That location is the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve (or near it). The poppies aren't always in bloom obviously, but it's a lovely place. You also have to watch out for extreme wind (seriously).

Love your femme Snape, btw!

Awesome! I'll have to check that area out!

And thanks! I actually have to retake those photos as I have a full Femme Snape getup now lol.

Thanks! I've been before, but I find I don't really have time to go every year due to comic con and anime expo, etc... I guess we'll see! :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back