70s Isis costume help needed!

Jango Wes

Sr Member
Ok, the guys and gals on here can ID a lightsaber part originally in an engine from a WWII airplane, so I'm hoping this will be a cakewalk.

I'm trying to ID the parts to her collar, which are also used on the bracelets. I honestly have no idea where to begin.

ANY help on this will be appreciated.

isismk.jpg

Thanks!
Wes

The ornament in the center could have been made for the production as it looks a production designer's take on Egyptian art. Oddly enough I just saw this show mentioned on I love the 70s lol.

Thing was, the 70s was a hotbed of New Age religious kitch, so it's entirely possible that the Egyptian medallion in the centre was a found object. The middle row of the upper collar is identical to a wristwatch band I used to have (from a 70s Seiko). I'm fairly certain I've seen the bottom row of the lower band off an old eveningwear belt.

But beyond that I really wouldn't know where to start looking for them. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I think I read somewhere that the Horns of Isis medallions were custom made.

I found something that looks like the top row... the round things look like the washers that are on the back of magnetic closures, the round ones like on purses or cell phone cases.

I like the watchband theory. I'll definitely look that way.

The bottom row of D-ring looking links.. looks like the necklace being used on the Lucian necklace from Underworld.

Thanks!

Yeah, it looks like it was constructed of links and pins that are used for making watch bands. Since watch bands are not very long, I don't know if you could find enough of one kind, but there were also those watch band belts made the same way which would offer up plenty of links to cannibalize.
Try the bay, there's several vintage lots listed right now, so probably are always some, and a couple of belts too.

You also can buy the little tool kit for removing and inserting links from watch bands, so you could probably use that to construct the necklace.

Shylaah

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back