Fallout 3 Super Sledge attempt WIP

sidheman

Hi guys! Newbie to the group, though I've been at the 405th for a little while. Since this build isn't getting much love over there (non-halo and all that) I thought I would share the progress here and hopefully get some pointers and such. This is kind of a "go big or go home" build, so I think I might be a little insane....

Pics!

bu8i.jpg

Size comparison:

ns3ki.jpg

Some details:

jlogu.jpg

Current status:

417li.jpg

I've also been working on the armor, but as that's all still in pep form (no resin/rondo) I'll post those pics later in the armor section.

I've got a pipe in the center of the staff for support, and some insulating foam for stability in the center part. All I need to do at this point is sand it to make it more round, then start coloring! My goal is to have this and a full set of armor ready for NDK, which is in September. Seems like a while, but considering it has taken me since last November to even get this far.... Hope I have time!

Pointers, tips, constructive criticism requested and welcomed! First time prop anything, so I'd love the help. Also, sorry for the huge pics. Is there a sticky with resizing tips?

That looks pretty nice! The pep is a great translation from the meshes to a real-world piece. Are you going to add detailed pieces to it and smooth some of the edges or are you going to run with it (more or less) as is? It's probably stronger and more durable in its current form, which is perfect for a con, but the hammer heads could use some smoothing. Carving and shaping new ones from polyurethane foam would really enhance the piece. Actually, you could do a lot of detailing with polyurethane without adding too much additional weight and make it look really amazing. From the pics you've shown so far, it'll be a big hit ;) :thumbsup

that thing is a beast. So far so good though. I haven't seen anyone else making one and it should give a good idea how big super mutants are lol.

Yeah it's huge. Crazy cool though...

My next step is to sand it smoother, get rid of bumps and all that. I rondo'd enough to give me wiggle room, so I'm hoping to smooth out those edges. After that I'll start getting details, like the screws in the shaft and stuff. Work takes much of my time unfortunately, but I should be done fairly soon!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back