Star Wars the Old Republic Twi'lek Costume

Avalonn

I have been wanting to make a twi'lek costume for a couple years now.
I made started making a headpiece with a wire base but i had so much trouble with the understructure of my old lekku base, so i tossed that and started over with blue foam.
My bf suggested he help me with a new one, so he taught me how to make one from blue foam and wood glue.
We shaved it into the size and length of my head proportional to my body. Soon after we mold the sculpt, i will start sewing the costume.
For awhile i wanted to do Aayla Secure costume but Ive played SWTOR alot and will be sewing a costume from the game first.
Here are a few pictures of the base used for the scuplture.
In the next few days i will have a series of pictures of the progression of the sculpt.​

DSCN1564.jpg

DSCN1574.jpg

DSCN1575.jpg
DSCN1573.jpg

Thanks! Yeah the headpiece is the same as Vette's, but i wanted to do the make-up effects that i created as my character.

Worked on some bulking out. lots more details and shaping to do but a few more days and should be ready for the molding process. :) cant wait to be painted blue!

DSCN1640.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1639.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1638.jpg
[/IMG]

that's an interesting way to do the lekku, lekku right?... any way that look really good! Looking forward to seeing the rest of this!

Awesome! My girlfriend and I recently attended the MAGFest gaming convention last month, she made a costume that matched her own TOR character, who was a Chiss. Her outfit mainly included a few guns she made out of PBC piping and cardboard, some armor & clothing she threw together, some red contacts, and a bit of blue body paint. Turned out awesome!

Looking forward to see how this turns out!

Awesome! My girlfriend and I recently attended the MAGFest gaming convention last month, she made a costume that matched her own TOR character, who was a Chiss. Her outfit mainly included a few guns she made out of PBC piping and cardboard, some armor & clothing she threw together, some red contacts, and a bit of blue body paint. Turned out awesome!

Looking forward to see how this turns out!

would love to see how hers turn out! does she have any pics!?

Ive been working on my lekku's and added a few pictures. i have been changing them slightly since i want them to be symmetrically perfect. My bf and i have also been working on a lightsaber for the costume. He cut the piping since im not particularly handy with the dremel and cutting metal. sorry for the messy background, the workshop is in disharmony with all the projects going on. thanks for looking, and all the positive feedback. Love to have any suggestions too!

DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1829_crop.jpg

DSCN1836.jpg

How were you going to cast it after the sculpt/mold? latex? I have a friend who is in the brainstorming stage of doing a Shaak Ti, would be interested to see the whole process. Looks good so far!

How were you going to cast it after the sculpt/mold? latex? I have a friend who is in the brainstorming stage of doing a Shaak Ti, would be interested to see the whole process. Looks good so far!

The mold will be fiberglass, and it will be latex with foam on the inside. im making the mold fiberglass, because I would eventually like to make them out of foam latex, so they would be soft and light.

Nice work. Cant wait to see some more. With a head dress also?

the head dress, i want to keep it simple. In SWTOR there a small metal headband with a turquoise gem in the middle that i would like to do. I am trying to avoid making a leather chin strap.

The mold will be fiberglass, and it will be latex with foam on the inside. im making the mold fiberglass, because I would eventually like to make them out of foam latex, so they would be soft and light.

Awesome, sounds good, can't wait to see it. take lots of pictures!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back