Spartacus Vengeance

Huh? I don't follow, and I don't find it hilarious.

You realize the reason there's a new actor playing Spartacus is because Andy Whitfield (the original Spartacus) died of lymphoma, right?

It's a movie history joke. When the Romans captures Spartacus and his army, they demanded to know which one was Spartacus. Since they didn't exactly have pictures of him, they had to threaten to kill all of them until Spartacus fessed up. So Spartacus stands up and says 'I am Spartacus' but then others in his army stand up saying 'I am Spartacus' until they all pretty much do.

It's a movie history joke. When the Romans captures Spartacus and his army, they demanded to know which one was Spartacus. Since they didn't exactly have pictures of him, they had to threaten to kill all of them until Spartacus fessed up. So Spartacus stands up and says 'I am Spartacus' but then others in his army stand up saying 'I am Spartacus' until they all pretty much do.

Ahhhhhhhhh, NOW I get it.
Thank you, sir.

Yea watched the show on the 21st, I still like the show but its extremely hard to watch it without Andy playing the role (RIP) He played that role amazingly well, and the new guy, at times has a slight resemblence, but his voice is A LOT different, and I know no ones voice is the same as someone elses, but Andy had a voice perfect for that role. The show will still be good with out, but man I miss Andy.
***SPOLIER ALERT****
And wow Lucretia literally lost her mind, that was insane how gone her brain is, but i guess after going through a tragedy like she went through it would cause that. But clearly she is going to snap out of it, seemed like she started to once she saw Crixus.
And really the same girl isn't playing Navea?

I just want to say, as a Xena/Lucy Lawless fan most of my life, in this first episode of Vengeance , it is one of the best scenes I have ever scene Lucy act in! As Lucretia she makes you truly feel for her, though she is a villian! Lucy absolutly amazes me always!

and no you cant replace andy, but you also cant compare him to Liam, they are different, they brought different qualities to Spartacus. You have to forget Andy's Spartacus when watching the new one. honestly i wasnt fazed by andy being gone at all in this first ep! not to discredit andy, because he was BEYOND amazing, but i feel that the story of Lucretia, Glaber and Illythia are sooo strong this season that it wont matter about spartacus!

yea Lucretia's part in this season to gain "power" should be quite amazing. and she has definitely played her roll very well. Her and Quintus played their roles amazingly in blood and sand and gods of the arena, and can only expect good things from Lucy this season. In all actuality, the entire cast plays their roles very well. Should be an epic season, just sad now that i've seen the first episode early that I have to wait until next weekend to see episode 2

No, I refuse to watch this on a 22 inch computer monitor. Must watch it on the 46 inch tv with the surround sound, in the dark, with my beer and popcorn. Any thing else is a waste.

If you have Comcast (or Xfinity - whatever the heck it's called now) you can watch it OnDemand. I'm guessing it'd be the same for most other providers too.

Loved it!:thumbsup
The show still surprises me with the creative ways they brutally kill or torture people.:lol

Wow. I'm happy to see so many fans of the show. So far after I have yet to convert a single one of my friends into loyal followers. With BSG they all saw the light so quickly...

^ Every time I find out that someone that I know is watching/has watched it, I get all excited again!! A buddy of mine who dismissed my suggestion to watch it a year ago just started Blood and Sand - he finished the entire season in less than a week!!! LOL!!

The trick with the show is allowing it to get past the first few episodes. I didn't initially like the show because the pilot episode caters to the worst aspects of the show. Slow-mo 360 pans, gouts of ridiculous blood, gratuitous sex and violence. But if you let the show go a bit further, the sex and violence was less gratuitous and more situational, and the characters REALLY came alive and I started actually caring about them.

The trick with the show is allowing it to get past the first few episodes. I didn't initially like the show because the pilot episode caters to the worst aspects of the show. Slow-mo 360 pans, gouts of ridiculous blood, gratuitous sex and violence. But if you let the show go a bit further, the sex and violence was less gratuitous and more situational, and the characters REALLY came alive and I started actually caring about them.

I would agree with that. It first hit me as the 'shock factor' when I started watching it, but I too felt it became more situational and better employed after a few episodes. Hopefully Vengeance will be the same way once it hits it's stride.

Yeah, "The shock factor" is really a good way to describe it. Like, that was their "gimmick" to grab people and make them pay attention, but then they toned it down after a couple episodes and started amping up the story/character aspects of the show.

That's partially why it doesn't surprise me that the first episode of the 2nd season, and the one that's free online, contains some pretty racy stuff. It's the eye-grabbing quality of it, whether you're looking in disgust or fascination, that counts. Either way, you're still looking, and hopefully long enough for the story to grab you.

Missed it last night: we were goofing off at the neighbors watching f*ckin' "Gold Rush"
And now I can NOT find it OnDemand!
GRRRRR!!!!!

Check the starz website they might still,have it there
I have dial-up
but I FOUND IT ON DEMAND!!!
They have it listed as Season 2 and here I was thinking it was Season 3.
Guess they count 'Gods of the Arena' as a separate show, even though 'Spartacus' was in the title.

Wait, "On Demand" where? Are we talking, like, Comcast On Demand? Are we talking the Starz website? Netflix Instant?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back