Spartacus Vengeance

Looks like just names of who he's beat. So it is really nothing more than: Bob, John, Jack, Tom, etc The vs at the end is just 'us' which is generally the ending of male names.
Lame, how his ***** in his return episode "it talks about tales of your victories when its just names. Damn TV props :rolleyes doesn't even have the gladiators name he beat to win the primus at the opening of the arena to get his freedom, i believe his name was Cabarus (sp?) unless my terrible eyes don't see it. oh well its long gone down Ashurs mans throat now anyways.

sucks that the main died really like that show hope the new guy can fill his shoes
I would definitely not call it filling his shoes because Andy brought so much emotion to the role that every second you believed how he acted like he was feeling. The new guy definitely needed to be more muscular, apparently the few weeks after escaping the ludus with the rest of the gladiators and slaves Spartacus became anorexic or somethin. I mean the rest are still big but they should have atleast had Liam bulk more. But he is a different Spartacus entirely, a different side to Spartacus we didn't get to see in Blood and Sand although I still know Andy would have been better still, this season its clear that the roles of the other characters are very important to help carry the show as Andy could do it on his own imo and Liam can't. He mainly is always giving encouraging speeches to the slaves and to me over does it sometimes. But nontheless still the best show on television right now. so sad there is only 3 more episodes left. pfff was hoping for 13 like blood and sand. but no luck. 3 more weeks and we have to wait 9 more months for the next season.

Lame, how his ***** in his return episode "it talks about tales of your victories when its just names. Damn TV props :rolleyes doesn't even have the gladiators name he beat to win the primus at the opening of the arena to get his freedom, i believe his name was Cabarus (sp?) unless my terrible eyes don't see it. oh well its long gone down Ashurs mans throat now anyways.

I agree that the prop makers would have been better off trying to keep it accurate to include in the list names of people we KNOW he killed. That kind of attention to detail would have been awesome.

Yea it would have been, but from prop makers I personally know from certain shows, like say for a newspaper, which i have the file of the cover that was shown on a episode of a particular show, and it has an article about the killer and only the first column talks about the killer and the case, after that its the same thing over and over just to fill the space of the article. Which they do to save time since it doesn't have very much screen time and unlike us that pay attention to details most don't and its just easier to go that route. but i've thought of many spartacus props i'd like to have starting with a good Gladius, or one of the types of swords Spartacus uses where it curves on the end, but this would be cool to have. Its a matter of finding someone who is good at making custom items. or we can keep looking for one, even one that is very similiar and just do what is needed to make it SA and then KT Templar if you get all the names down and let us use the info we can basically engrave the names ourselves into the wood as it would not be that difficult.
I'm stoked for tonights episode though...very curious to see what happens...since we know from the previews that spartacus and glaber meet face to face on the streets of Capua. But if Gannicus takes Illythia back to Spartacus and his men and says "end this now or see countless more fall in the name of your cause" then why did he even go back to them? My guess Spartacus meets Glaber on the streets of Capua obviously not knowing what he and Ashur have been brewing up with those men he has. That is unless Gannicus warns him about them since he saw them and thats the reason why he says the line above. Which is pretty arrogant considering he slaughtered all those Romans himself including one of Ashurs men. And I personally think Gannicus & Spartacus are evenly matched. Either way should be interesting. Glaber will be dead at the end of this season, Ashur as well, then season 3 hell will break loose once Crassus & Pompey go after him. This season just needed to be longer than 10 episodes imo. One thing I don't like about some series is how every season has a different amount of episodes. I can understand Gods of the Arena, but this just like season 1 should have had 13.

Glad to see they are following history with Gannicus part of the crew now. I've waited this season to see Crixus kick some ass but he has not done so yet. Hell he is almost getting his ass kicked by Naevia in her lessons. I'm sure he'll do something in the final episode "Wrath of the Gods." I have a feeling that episode will be almost as good as "Kill them all" with a lot of Romans dying, along with Glaber and Ashur.

For a moment in tonights episode I felt that Egyptian had met his match against Oenameaus, but unfortunately not as he managed to take one of Oenomeaus' eyes!! Geezus **** is insane right now! Can't wait for the finale! And Glaber using the famous three 3 words to end this episode like Spartacus did in Blood And Sand. "Kill Them All"

I hope the last episode comes up with something as cool as that Spartacus jump scene. The Glaber twist was unexpected in last night's episode. I thought he was finished for sure when he had that nude scene.

I hope the last episode comes up with something as cool as that Spartacus jump scene. The Glaber twist was unexpected in last night's episode. I thought he was finished for sure when he had that nude scene.

Unlike Rome and Deadwood which while great series were historically a mess, so far Spartacus has been keeping historically with who lives, who dies, and when. I knew he wasn't finished, I was just shocked at how his bacon got saved, gotta give the FX people kudos on this show, Fantastic Gore.

Glaber will most likely fall in next weeks final episode imo. But it was a rather gory scene when Illythia slit Seppia's throat and Glaber was covered in blood from head to toe and he and illythia get it on. Due to history, Glaber falls first on the Romans side before Pompey and Crassus are brought in, so I cant imagine him living after this next big battle between his army and Spartacus. And I believe Gannicus is the first of Spartacus's generals to die, but doubt it will be this season since he has not got to the point of enough men to start appointing men to be generals of his rather small number of rebels. I'm still shocked over Oenomaeus losing an eye to that Egyptian. Man no one can take him out. But next weeks episode "Wrath of the Gods" should be amazing and right up there with Blood and Sands "Kill Them All" episode. I hoped for a moment in the last episode Gannicus would have killed Ashur before he took off to the tunnel. He would have had the chance if he had't seen Oenomeus lose an eye.

WOW! That last episode was fantastic in setting up the season finale! For a while, I was worried about Glaber, being in a house where he has THREE women pissed off at him. Then, true to fashion, the women sabotage each other rather than go after the real enemy and Glaber is still in charge. I guess the trick is to make sure you always have more than one woman looking to kill you, so they fight each other instead of focus on yourself.

WOW! That last episode was fantastic in setting up the season finale! For a while, I was worried about Glaber, being in a house where he has THREE women pissed off at him.

that was my worry as well with Glaber. When I saw the teaser with Varinius in it calling Glaber incompetent I thought they might steer away from history how Glaber died. I thought Varinius was going to pursue Spartacus with his men and Glaber get taken out by all the women.
Its clear Spartacus knows Gannicus is a effin badass at fighting since he has had him at his side recently, especially when it was just him and Gannicus when they thought they were attacking Glaber but turned out to be Varinius. (i have finally embraced Liam as Spartacus even though he is not that muscular compared to Andy Whitfield) I really expected more from Crixus this season, but he's been getting his ass handed to him left and right. They did kill off Varinius first which is not how it really went down, he came in after Glaber, but if memory serves...
***SPOILER ALERT***
Glabers army falls to Spartacus, and its then when Rome sends out others to take them on. I know Oenomeus is killed early in the rebellion way before Crixus and his 30,000 men part from Spartacus. It does seem like they follow history there as the actor that plays Oenomeus is scheduled to be in the next season of True Blood.

But bring on the finale, should be amazing!

I do wish this season was more than 10 episodes, and I hope they don't rush and end the series next season. this show needs atleast 2 more seasons for the story to be told correctly.

Last edited:
Rbeato, did you see that they cast Ceasar for next season and I can't remember the Rich guy they always talk about in rome that everyone envies him too. But, I really hope they go several seasons as this is my must see show. It is SO good.
Later D

Great season finale!!! I was surprised to see Spartacus' lady friend die, it doesn't pay to be involved with her. Oenemaius will be missed, but hot damn Gannicus is one hell of a dual wielding badass.

I guess since Lucretia survived stabbing last season it's too much to hope she survived the fall. Damn, I'll miss those ti- .. I mean Lucy.

In true to Spartacus 1st season, a great finale. I am sad to see the bad ***** Katrina Law (Spartacus's new Lady) Go. She was really starting to kick butt. It was great to see Glaber quite litterally become a sword swallower". I think they did this season finale as great as the 1st!!!

Amazing finale! Just amazing! Glad they kept to how they really attacked by going down the vines. That really happened according to history, but not sure if it was only 4 of them. Was sad seeing Mirra die i liked her, and it was even sader that she died after telling Spartacus something along the lines of "i hope your next women can do the same" knowing he and her were over which I felt bad for her when Spartacus gave her the boot. Oenomeus will be missed but I knew he was going to die, which they followed history as far as that since he was the first of Spartacus' main guys to die (but also his contract for true blood probably cut his life shorter than it really was)
Gannicus, ****in Gannicus. That Kelt is amazing! Definitely the most bad ass imo. Just his grin and laugh when he and spartacus, crixus and agron are standing there when the romans are charging them is priceless. Glad he ****in cleaved that egyptians head off the side. I knew he'd be the one to kill that guy, it seems like when gannicus gets that fury in him to kick ass like when he killed that huge Gladiator at the end of Gods of the Arena no one can stop him. So glad to see Ashur die finally!!! That sleazy guy talkin s**t until his last breathe....i hated him. Crazy that ALL ALONG that was Lucretia's plan. To steal Illythia's child and die to meet Quintess in the afterlife with a child. And Glaber on his knees with a sword basically in his mouth and out his ***** was great. I say ATLEAST 2 more seasons are needed.
And to "Torren of Amber" I did not see the statue of Caesar for next season. Where can I see that?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back