Spartacus Vengeance

If they follow history, Spartacus and his men will die.

Quick SPOILER blurb from Wiki:

The final battle that saw the defeat and death of Spartacus in 71 BCE took place on the present territory of Senerchia on the right bank of the river Sele in the area that includes the border with Oliveto Citra up to those of Calabritto, near the village of Quaglietta, in High Sele Valley, which at that time was part of Lucania. In this area, in the past decades, there have been finds of armor and swords of the Roman era.

The eventual fate of Spartacus himself is unknown, as his body was never found, but he is accounted by historians to have perished in battle along with his men.[43] Six thousand survivors of the revolt captured by the legions of Crassus were crucified, lining the Appian Way from Rome to Capua.[44]

WOW! Do you think he is dead or alive. I cant see them killing a main character like that!!!

Crixus you mean? I doubt he's dead yet. He's probably the person that was having the bag pulled off his head at the end of the preview for next week. Now, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be dead by the end of the next episode though. If the Romans were smart they'd crucify him immediately.

Gods of the arena isn't season 2 of Spartacus, as Spartacus isn't in it. If...IF they follow history unlike Rome or Deadwood, Crixus and Onimaeus will become his 2 main generals. Crassis clobbers Crixus, but in one battle Onimaeus really slaughters them.

Last edited:
Geez, what an episode this week. If I didn't already know it's not even halfway through the season, I'd think it was finale with everything that happened.

That spear scene must have been a little nod to 300. Glad it slammed into that really nasty guy from the prequel. What a creepy character.

Oh, and Illythia's run in with her father and Lucretia last episode had me :lol:lol

Yeah I agree. I was beginning to think this season just wasn't going to ever get off the ground. But this weeks episode was really good.

The fall of the arena was a total shocker to me. But definitely an epic episode.
Last nights was excellent as well, finally what I have wanted to see Spartacus vs. Gannicus, good thing Mirra caught that girl takin off or I do think that fight would have gone on and on because they are both too damn good. But Gannicus can not be done for this season. If the writers are holding to history which they say they are to a point then Gannicus will join him as Spartacus did have a solider named Gannicus in his rebel army. And it'd have been pointless to bring him back for only 2 episodes, he'll come to purpose once he realizes that he is no longer free, and since took off with spartacus when the arena fell that he will probably be wanted as well. Very curious if we ever hear what he and Oenomaus' final words were to each other. And effing Ashur, got his ass kicked his whole life and finally manages to wield a sword to beat 3 of Glabers men? pff I hate that snake. But should prove interesting as far as the beasts he has brought to his and Glabers purpose. Spartacus and the few remaining gladiators are in for a suprise when they meet them. all i want to know is who this is regarding next weeks episode...

***spoiler alert***
"Lucretia manages to recruit one of her husband's former gladiators"
don't know of any except Gannicus...?

But you are right Monster Dave, Crixus will be the first to die after their forces have been split up, and Spartacus' body never was found, and even though Crassus was the one that led the charge that ended Spartacus & his rebels rebellion, Pompey took most of the credit for it, but it still enabled both men to move up quickly in the Senate because of their efforts.

Clearly there will be atleast 1 more season, i'm hoping 2 more seasons of Spartacus. I have not read about anything beyond this season yet, but clearly all that takes place in his rebellion can not happen in 4 more episodes.

just a quick question how do you do the spoiler buttons?

And as far as how they started off Blood and Sand with all the blood backgrounds and way to bloody blows and what not all my friends who i recommended the show to didn't want to watch the show after seeing the first episode, but i told them to stick with it, and all are now hard core fans. and i hope its not just us, but we find ourselves now using their terminology. "to what end" saying "coin" instead of money "for what purpose?" "once again the gods spread cheeks and ram cock in ****ing ass" use that in other scenarios but basically the same line. but i'm just hoping i'm not one of the only ones that is so obsessed with this show that your dialogue has changed and sometimes their words are used. Will review episode 7 next week, can't wait. Should be great, now off to pressing matters.

I was behind on my episodes, just finished watching episode 5, what a great episode! Good to see Ganiccus again, it was a very epic episode.

catch up to episode 6. and then watch the preview of episode 7 and what Lucretia is up to....but they again are building this season to end amazingly. the last episode "wrath of the gods" no doubts whats going to happen in that episode. Spartacus and his men actually do battle against a decent sized amount of men.
In the preview of this season they showed someone what it appears to be coming off the front steps of a villa and literally cutting a guys head off but from the bottom of the chin up and you see the entire cut off part of that guys what used to be face and brain etc....waiting for that episode lol. But fear not, it appears Gannicus will be around I'm guessing the rest of the season. Atleast from what I saw tonight, I don't see how he won't be part of the show further than next episode.

Clearly there will be atleast 1 more season, i'm hoping 2 more seasons of Spartacus. I have not read about anything beyond this season yet, but clearly all that takes place in his rebellion can not happen in 4 more episodes.

Season 3 was already green lit before this one started airing.

Anyone deciphered the top part of the front of the rudis yet? I have a (highly inaccurate) museum toy rudis I need to convert! :)

museum toy rudis? sounds kind of cool, wonder if they can still be purchased, wouldn't mind getting one and convert it. ebay........nevermind, nothing on ebay :(

if we can get some screen shots of it i'm sure we can figure it out. Now that you mention the roman writing, I just now realized I never looked up what was carved into the stone statue Batiatus had made for Spartacus. Anyone know? I'm sure it mentions Slayer of the Shadow of Death, Bringer of rain....but just curious.

and thats good to know season 3 is already a go, like i said i never looked into it, have just been consumed over this season. Loving it, thank the gods for all the other main characters like Luctretia, Glaber, Illythia, Crixus, Oenomaus, etc...to help carry the show since Liam can not do it on his own. Andy easily could. And seriously, could they not have bulked him up just a bit more? I mean hell, in the few short months he's been free all his muscle is gone. I know I know, its a different guy, but you'd think they'd have made him atleast get to a certain weight to help look the role, he is basically almost as skinny as Nacia.

Last edited:
If you do a search for 'Roman sword' or 'wooden gladius' quite a few pop up at quite reasonable prices. Nothing SA, the cross guard hilt and pommel are not like most of the ones out there.

and this is where I am so far:

do you have a translation of that? would love to know what it says. too bad someone couldn't do a replica run of these.
Man Gannicus literally slaughtered, and I mean slaughtered Iilythia's guards. Arms, legs, intestines, heads etc all over the place. like he went psycho and just chopped them to bits. And all season I have been waiting for that scene where that dudes face gets cut off vertically, and they showed every bit of that kill, the entire brain falling out of whats left of his skull. Most hardcore kill of the entire series imo. These last 3 episodes are going to be insane! Spartacus and Glaber face to face next episode?? S**t is gonna go down. Sparty is lucky they have the new guys otherwise theyd be done for.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back