The worst movies you've ever seen?

Hostel 2 was terrible. I loved the first, was suckered into the sequel. Thankfully, Regal refunded my cash. Same goes for any of the Blade films.

Highlander the source
a sad sad end to the downward spiral. The performances by people you know can act were phoned in.

Any and ALL Uwe Boll movies. Someone needs to blind him with acid.

51367E91WXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not even watchable in that "so bad it's hilarious" kind of way. It's just awful. Definitely the worst movie I ever paid to see.

This, and Twilight.

Hope Floats. Honestly I can't even remember the plot, it's been so long. But remember at the time, it was like getting stabbed with stupid. If stupid was sharp...and looked like Sandy Bullock. And agreed, Skyline was epicly bad.

Skyline
District 9
Star Wars Phanton Menace
Star Wars Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
Drive Angry (plus several other Nicholas Cage films)
Smok'n Aces
Smok'n Aces 2
Star Trek V The Final Frontier
Crank
Crank 2
All the "Scream" films
All the "I know what you did last summer" films
All the "Final Destination" films
A string of other really crappy slasher films and/or remakes
Wolverine
X-Men First Class the only thing about X-Men First Class I liked was Hugh Jackman's Wolverine cameo
every M. Knight Shamalama Ding-Dong film made after "The Sixth Sense", the only film he made I liked.

There's more, but I can't think of the rest of them right now...

Last edited:
I second the nomination for District 9...not the worst movie I've seen by any stretch, but definitely the biggest disappointment.

Personally I gotta vote for High Plains Drifter. I've loved virtually every Clint-directed movie ever...and love most Clint-starring movies as well...I expected to like it...I hoped to like it...I was told I'd like it...

Let me go vomit.

Transformers Dark Side of the Moon. I went to a drive in to see a movie with my boys while away on holidays..and this was playing. For the experience we went but MAN that was 2 long cold hours of pure hell. I was committed to watching the film but I just sat there feeling violated by EVERYTHING on screen. I could NOT follow the story because I felt violated every time I tried to listen to the dialogue.

The Neverending Story (sorry all you rock eater lovers)
Juno (male bashing garbage)
JJ Trek
Blair Witch 1 & 2
Godzilla (the Dean Devlin Roland Emmerick pos)
Alien 3 & 4 and the Aliens vs Predator movies
The Phantom Menace

There's so many more but time has been kind enough to wipe them from memory.

These threads really need to be called what they are (or turn out to be):

MOVIES YOU THINK SUCK BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE THEM

I mean, really... Worst movies ever?
--M&C: Far Side Of The World
--District 9
--High Plains Drifter
--Gone With The Wind

What's next? Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon?

I hated District 9. Zero aesthestic value for me. I GAVE it away to a friend.

Yet the script remains a masterfully crafted allegory, the lead character/actor provides for a refreshingly unique role, and the production design (weapons in particular) was pretty damn cool

So yeah, the story is typically Jim Cameron Light (shallow), and a pure rehash of the Pocahantas / Dances With Wolves story. But can you call the top grossing movie of all time the worst ever (OK just stop now - I know dollars do not automatically equate to quality)?

M&C: Far Side...

Yeah, its second act is as painfully long as its title. But you WILL NOT find a more finely crafted film, particularly of this genre. The visual, physical, and historical detail is superb. The casting (particularly the secondary charaters) is spot on. The sound design is reference quality. I could go on...

A protracted and slow second act does not a 'worst movie ever" make.

Gone With The freakin' Wind...? Hated it... Have the deluxe set on Blu-ray and dread that I need/should go in and watch it again.

But how can you even begin to consider an all-time classic a "worst ever"? I really don't think it would hold its place in film history if it was one of the worst ever.

High Plains Drifter. Hmmm... I suppose if you don't get - or don't like - the supernatural suggestion, it may not be for you. And its an Eastwood western, so it is what it is. But some have said it provided a venue for Clint to refine and master his iconic "strong silent" demeanor, taking his man-with-no-name character to the next level.

Hard to say. Make your own call. Not as gobsmacking as some of the other entries here, but not a "worst".

Now that I've purged, and possibly (likely?) wrankled some folks, go back to the beginning this post. Anyone and everyone can not like a film. That's totally OK.

But a lesson I've learned in life is to appreciate quality, talent and skill, even if the subject or content is contrary to my tastes...

Last edited:
Just thought of another one but this one sort of falls into that "So bad it's good" category. It's an absolutely DREADFUL film with Jean Claude Van Damme in it, possibly even his first, it's called "No Retreat, No Surrender" and it is HILARIOUSLY STOOOPID!!!! This kid begs for help at the grave of Bruce Lee and who should show up to tudor him in the ways of martial arts? The GHOST of Bruce Lee, of course. The performances are hideously bad and even the fighting is laughable. The kid fights and defeats Van Damme at the end. It's worth a watch but definitely one of the lamest films ever made.

I should clarify...

I am NOT faulting anybody for posting the films highlighted.

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone should respect that.

My issue, I suppose, is the lack of distinction between true technical quality, and personal subjective tastes.

the twilight movies,teenage angst ramped up to 11 and glittery vampires, oh
and big dogs.
Theres more but thats the top of the list at the moment.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back