The worst movies you've ever seen?

Natural Born Killers.

House of Thousand Corpses.

Hands down the worst movies I've paid to see in a theater.

My bottom five:
feardotcom
Spawn
Armageddon
The Lost World: JP2
and...SW: The Phantom Menace and SW: Return of the Sith

One of the local radio hosts reviewed feardotcom when it came out and ever since they have referred to it as "Iwantmymoneybackdotcom" :lol

You know, I hate this thread. If you've got a Spielberg movie down on your "WORST movie you've EVER seen list," then you haven't seen very many movies.

And Alien Resurrection is MILES AWAY better than that second AVP movie.

Amen! It's actually better than both AVP movies combined, and it's more enjoyable than Alien 3 (YUCK).

I have to also agree that The Lost World is an awful movie, just plain awful and yes, I know Spielberg did the best he could with the material (even the book was a huge let down).

I've also heard that 1941, by Spielberg also, is pretty bad. Never seen it though.

Romeo and Juliet (The one with Leonard Dicaprio) Got to agree with this one too as I couldn't even make it through. The editing of that movie was garbage and turned me off.

Last edited:
Amen! It's actually better than both AVP movies combined, and it's more enjoyable than Alien 3 (YUCK).

I have to also agree that The Lost World is an awful movie, just plain awful and yes, I know Spielberg did the best he could with the material (even the book was a huge let down).

I've also heard that 1941, by Spielberg also, is pretty bad. Never seen it though.

The Lost World is much better than the travesty of JP3, it felt like a sequel where as JP3 felt like a generic monster movie

1941 was pretty enjoyable IMO

I really REALLY wanted to hate this movie, but I just couldn't. And now, it's one of my favorites!

I'm not trying to argue against you. I'm really actually curious. What turned you off to it?

Well I haven't seen it in years, so it's not fresh in my memory. But I remember really hating it haha. It was just a really strange (in a bad way) take on the story, in my opinion.

Well I haven't seen it in years, so it's not fresh in my memory. But I remember really hating it haha. It was just a really strange (in a bad way) take on the story, in my opinion.

I really enjoyed it. Also, side note: my 15 year old sister in law didn't know the story of Romeo and Juliet... At all. I know, right?!?

Anyway, they started reading it in her English class and she was completely lost. I showed her this version of the movie, and it got her interested enough to re read the play and understand it enough to pull an A on the exam.

Side side note: the teacher expressly stated for them to NOT watch this movie. If it creates enough interest for a teen to read the actual play, how is it a bad thing?

regardless, Alien Resurrection is one of the worst movies i've seen lol
i knew before i even watched it that AVP was going to be bad. i watched it anyway therefore never bothered watching any more of them.

Last edited:
1941 seems to be one of those "love it or hate it" movies. I have to admit, when I first saw it in the theater in 1979 I wasn't overly impressed; now it's one of my favorite Spielberg movies.

That latest TRON movie. I was so freakin' bored. The female eye candy kept me in my seat, but afterwards, I felt even that wasn't worth it.

I am with the Uwe Bol crowd. House of the Dead was unbelievably bad. They must have just gotten a Matrix orbiting cam. Almost every gunshot was a freezeframe circling of the character firing. It was a zombie film. There were a lot of gunshots. Bloodrayne was pretty darn bad. Meatloaf made a good appearance as a decadent vampire. The special effects used butcher meat as far as I could tell. Literally like there was a side of beef being cut into. At the end, EVERY special effects scene was replayed in a montage representing the horror Bloodrayne had witnessed. Thank God for gratuitous nudity on this one.
I try to look for something redeeming in every movie. For instance, I love CHUD and like Xtro. I don't have the bar set even a little high. I absolutely appreciate the gradations that go from meh to great and can derive some pleasure from the parts I enjoy. I don't understand this kind of bad and there seems to be a consensus. Does anyone know how on God's green earth he has been able to make movies?

Doc

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back