The worst movies you've ever seen?

Sorry for this again, but I just re-watched it. Transformers 3. You're just sitting there for two and a half hours watching a product that clearly nobody gave a crap about. At least some of these bad movies were made by people who thought they were making something genuine. There is no sign of that here. No one is enjoying working on this film.

Sorry for this again, but I just re-watched it. Transformers 3. You're just sitting there for two and a half hours watching a product that clearly nobody gave a crap about. At least some of these bad movies were made by people who thought they were making something genuine. There is no sign of that here. No one is enjoying working on this film.

You mean the Shia Show? Agreed, the third is kinda depressing, first two were good for mindless popcorn and potato chip frenzies, but the third, its like they just wanted it to end as soon as possible but Michael Bay kept on flogging.

Lee

Another consideration I think needs to be factored into this is what was the film meant to be...?

I mean, there are tons of ****ty films that no one really cared about in the first place, and were pretty much expected to be ****ty films.

Does it really count to add to the list BMX Bandits?

Then there is The Phantom Menance...

The triumphant return of the most powerful film series of all time (so some say).

And...

:sick

So...

I think the goal of the filmmakers and studio, and the overall expectations are a huge factor, and the worst films are those that represent the widest gulf between expectation and final reality...

Not a bad time to mention my favorite hated film:

PEARL HARBOR

Rob i think BMX Bandits was purely a market ploy period.
I was already racing 20" when it came out and even then, it was sooo bad, so if me as a kid back then felt that, i think id keel over seeing it today LOL.

Lee

As far as ones I hated, and will never watch again - Igor, yes the animated crapfest. Ever since How to Train Your Dragon I had a new fondness for animated cinema. Suffice to say Igor has killed that fondness. Cloverfield was one that just pissed me off, it might have worked better without the style of filming. I remember a part where the camera was under ruble for several minutes, I thought that was just stupid. There's also District 9.

There's several more that disappointed me. The biggest was I Am Legend, the ending just ruined it for me. Paranormal Activity 2, by far not as good as the first. Now I am a Dragon Ball Z fan, watched the cartoon religiously when I was younger. Dragon Ball Evolution was an extreme disappointment, just so much was wrong with that movie.

There's probably several more, but I'm drawing a blank.

Royal Tenebaums. I'm not even sure if I'm spelling it right. I mean it was supposed to be funny. Critically acclaimed? First I tried fast forwarding. Maybe it's gets funnier. I then turned it off, and that is saying a ton.

Many of you have mentioned everything by Uwe Boll. I'll narrow it down. House of the Dead. Im a huge zombie fan and have sat through some seriously horrible zombie movies. This thing takes the cake all around. For gods sake there was actual footage from the video game tossed in between the zombie kills during the fight scenes. Shudder.

I should have stayed away from this, it's making my blood pressure go up.

The worst one I've seen in a theatre in the last few years was Ghost Rider. Since then I became very choosy about what I see in theaters. Of course, most of what comes out commercially is pretty bad.

The WORST movie I've EVER seen???

CITIZEN. KANE.

OK, not really. That's just my default response to these "worst movie evar" threads, because of all v--THIS--v, that I +rep Rob for preemptively posting for me.

These threads really need to be called what they are (or turn out to be):

MOVIES YOU THINK SUCK BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE THEM

I mean, really... Worst movies ever?
--M&C: Far Side Of The World
--District 9
--High Plains Drifter
--Gone With The Wind

What's next? Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon?

Now that I've purged, and possibly (likely?) wrankled some folks, go back to the beginning this post. Anyone and everyone can not like a film. That's totally OK.

But a lesson I've learned in life is to appreciate quality, talent and skill, even if the subject or content is contrary to my tastes...
About 50% of the films already mentioned in this thread, I thoroughly enjoyed. About 20% of the films already mentioned in this thread, I thought were pretty frakking epic.

While I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinions/dislikes, but some of the choices that are being thrown out there would make me think that a large group of the people participating in this thread, have only seen a handful of movies in their life.

Some of these choices have GOTTA just be more accurately classified as: recent disappointments.

OT: I'm pretty sure the movie that I hated the MOST, is the previously-mentioned: 'House of the Dead'. I rented it on PPV, & turned to another station after suffering through 3/4 of the film (I was hoping it would get better). Months later it came on network TV & I caught the end. My opinion did not improve.

EDIT:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PHArchivist again.
:angry

Cant say ive only seen a handful, ive seen a LOT in my time thus far, so ill throw this little gem out there...... CHUD......:sick

Lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back