DEUS EX - Augmented Arms

Eidos should get a lot of credit too because they said they would provide references. I've never heard of a company doing that. I've heard of individual artists, but not the company.

It's a mad dash to finish mine by Halloween. I'm taking pictures, but I don't have time to post them as I go.

For now, here's a pic of my 3D printed right arm. I tacked the pieces together temporarily with hot glue. It needs to be sanded primed and painted.

Left to do:
Finish shoulder straps
Seal/paint outer vest
Add hardware to outer vest
Add hardware to inner vest
Seal/paint hip pads/belt
Create all (or some of) those pouches. - anyone got any ideas on how to do that quickly and still look good? The pouches are a wishlist item for me.
Add that goldish/olive drab striping to pants (when they arrive)
Create molds for all forearm parts that are symmetrical (no right or left)
Sand/paint/finish forearms.
Elastic strapping for forearms
Attach bungee cords from biceps to forearms.
Order some sort of satin or shiny black gloves.

Side note: Try searching the internet for shiny black gloves. :lol

It may look like a long list, but most of those items are pretty quickly accomplished. Finishing the forearms the only real time-consuming part.

Wow! You printed that? That must have cost a fortune, haha. Looks killer though!

Nope! Turns out that a co-worker at my new job has a 3D Printer. Actually, a few people here have 3D printers. He's still experimenting with it, and I simply gave him a huge thing to experiment with. ;)

The newer 3D printers are very affordable and the ABS filaments are also fairly cheap ($50/kg)

I still had to create the 3D model of the forearms to feed the printer. I used the low-poly character model, then took the forearm into zbrush to sculpt it out.

It's amazing to see your digital work turned in to tangible pieces!

:eek holy crud dude that is one of the most impressive likenesses to a game character ive seen in awhile.... MASSIVE PROPS! what kind of foam are you using for the "muscles" because it looks like a rigid foam as youve been able to kinda sculpt it and yet it must be flexible to let you move with it on

All that effort on the musculature is paying off, and the interlocking components of the vest are really, really slick. Good show!

More progress pics:

I'm off to work today now (Oct 30), so I have one evening to complete all this!

Left to do (tonight):
Paint outer vest
Assemble left forearm
Attach striping to left pant leg
Attach hardware to outer vest.

Looks like it's going to be an all-nighter!

I can probably help you out. Need more information though. Which page doesn't line up? Did you print the PDF "Fit to Page" by chance? that will ruin the scaling on the file.

-Z

I can probably help you out. Need more information though. Which page doesn't line up? Did you print the PDF "Fit to Page" by chance? that will ruin the scaling on the file.

-Z

First Thanks for the reply.

Anyways. The page i have problem is this one (see attached picture) The Part A "looks" OK. But The Part B in the paper it is smaller that the Part A so it doesn't line up.

just in case i printed the .PDF on a school supply since at the moment I don't have printer so basically what I just told them print the file as it was :/ I don't know which setting they used.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back